Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

Conclusion of best wax...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Conclusion of best wax...

after long journies to detailing places and body shops i have come to a conclusion what is considered by detaliers and body shops one of the better waxes out on the market. All the places i went to said for consumer use the best soap was the meguiars gold class car soap. Everything else by miguiars is crappy as i was told by many body shops. and the best wax and sealant they say is "satin creme" Body shops say they really dont deal with polish. i have no clue why. but i just wanted to add my discovery i found.
Old 07-10-2003, 03:54 PM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Conclusion of best wax... (Denny)

Where do you purchase it from?
Old 07-10-2003, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My thoughts?

Body shops and car washes dont know **** about how to take care of a car.

Detailing comes from experience....the longer people have done it, the more they know about what works and what doesnt. Professional detailers often times dont recommend what they use. Why? Anything that is "professional" means its meant to be used in a detailing business. The aim of a detailing business is NOT to give the customer protection for 6 months with a nice shine...its to last 2, maybe 3 weeks, and have the guy come in monthly to get it done again and again.

This is why detailers will tell you they prefer something along the lines of Zaino Bros. Long lasting, incredible shine, expensive, and VERY complex in terms of how its applied and what products are to be used in conjunction with it. Products like these offer long lasting protection, not just something to make faded paint shine for a few weeks or give the car a nice gloss.

Im not sure who you talked to, but Meguiars is probably some of the best OTC stuff you can get. Fairly inexpensive, it is in a league of its own in terms of the rest of the mass-market stuff IE turtle wax, black magic, etc.

Ill tell you why they dont deal with polish either...their goal isnt longevity or quality of work. Its the initial reaction of gloss they look for.
Old 07-10-2003, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Conclusion of best wax... (newgsrdriver)

this stuff isnt just "professional" stuff. It is recommended that you apply it by hand and remove by hand. ive had my car back from the body shop for about 1 month now and the smoothness and reflective ness is still awesome. the good thing about this is that this product removes swirls, acts some what like a claybar (makes car smooth and takes off grim), and makes your car reflect. I just wanted people to know about a product that has never been heard of.
Old 07-10-2003, 04:20 PM

Meguier's in the maroon bottles sucks, but the Tan bottle products are amazing.
Old 07-10-2003, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Conclusion of best wax... (94goldjungsr)

I thought the maroon bottle **** workded pretty good. Huh I'll have to try the tan bottle stuff then. Can you just get that at autozone or something like that?
Old 07-10-2003, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Conclusion of best wax... (slvrcivic97)

you have to get it at speciality shops or online. its amazing. its about 3x as much but you get a TON and it honestly is amazing.
Old 07-10-2003, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I ran a Carwash/detail center for a while, and that is definitely a commercial product along the lines of Ardex.

Any wax should remove swirls somewhat, as well as make the finish smooth obviously and reflect. Basically, a commercial product 9x out of 10 will not perform as well as Zaino, or even Meguiars, IMO. If you want it done right, take the probably $30 that thing costs and put it towards bottles of Z1, Z5 and Z6. If you were happy with a quick 20 min wax job with liquid carnuaba on your car, you'll be blown away when you start getting into compound, polish, and a few coats of quality synthetic wax. Even if not...$30 spent on the polish, wax and enhancer from Zaino will last longer, protect better, and drop your jaw when you see the difference.

$30 for something that will perform as well as a $6 jar of Meguiars Gold Class is not a good bet. The only things that usually work just as well or better commercially are dash cleaners/enhancers and window cleaner. Everything else is better left to OTC or special order products like Zaino.
Old 07-10-2003, 04:47 PM

S100 wax is really nice as well, as everyone now knows.
Old 07-10-2003, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by newgsrdriver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I ran a Carwash/detail center for a while, </TD></TR></TABLE>

Is that what you call that place

That wax is defintely an ardex line, i have used it, it does work real well but you dont generally find detailers using this because it is not one of the cheaper waxes.
I ran out of what my friend gave, but i would defitiely us it again once i get back there
Old 07-10-2003, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Conclusion of best wax... (94goldjungsr)

i use meguiars cleaners wax. that maroon one. i really dont go the the shinyness of the product but how long it lasts and protects my car. i put it on about every other month and my new paint job is fine. another thing most honda people dont remember is that if its an older honda, the clear coat might have been removed through the years so the wax isnt gonna make it much shinier. the wax is just to help protect the clear coat. the meguiars cleaners wax protects it pretty well in my opinion. and in regards to the professional detailer's wax... they only last a few weeks.i know because my friend details audis at a dealership and he waxed my car for me with his "professional" wax... it only lasted me 2 weeks.
Old 07-10-2003, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Conclusion of best wax... (JimmieD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JimmieD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Is that what you call that place </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ugh...dont remind me dude!!!
Old 07-10-2003, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Conclusion of best wax... (toEknEEg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by toEknEEg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they only last a few weeks.i know because my friend details audis at a dealership and he waxed my car for me with his "professional" wax... it only lasted me 2 weeks.</TD></TR></TABLE>
mine is lasting longer than 2 weeks
Old 07-10-2003, 05:24 PM

I used the Clay Magic clay bar, and Meguiars 3 step system last summer for the first time on my 90 Accord, and man did my **** look brand new. But I also wash my car 2 times a week, and like to keep it looking good. I just did my girls car today, and I bought some wax from Zymol, and that wax worked really good on her car, never seen a car shine so bright!!!! I'm gonna try that wax on my car instead of the Meguiars Carnuba wax.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Conclusion of best wax... (90CleanLX)

I think the best waxes/polishes out there IMO are:

Clearkote Vanilla Moose (glaze)
S100 (carnuba)
Zaino (synthetic)

People say Klasse products are also top of the line, but I have no experience with them.