Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

Carbon Fiber Vinyl Opinions 2000 Crystal Blue Metallic Lude

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon Fiber Vinyl Opinions 2000 Crystal Blue Metallic Lude

Mainly looking for opinions on whether to vinyl the entire hood, or leave as is. Plus comments and opinions please.
Attached Images        
Old 10-31-2010, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Carbon Fiber Vinyl Opinions 2000 Crystal Blue Metallic Lude

Is that the 3M DI-NOC vinyl? The stuff really isn't that bad and I do like the look of it in most cases. I would say it would look better on the entire hood, with none on the bumper, and stock OEM headlights and tailights should go back on the car.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

since when is fake carbon fiber cool?

wtf.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The carbon fiber vinyl is the least of the worries on that thing. Really hope those are real Volks to be having the stickers on them.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ebay projector headlights... Euro style tail lights... Fake carbon fiber vinyl.. Huge tach on the dash. chicken wire grille and on the bumper...

This lude is heading to the ******* if you want opinions...

Make the car one color and some normal heads and tails..

Last edited by Rockstar21; 10-31-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

dont really dig the hood and trunk vinyl... but always loved the color crystal blue metallic... miss that color on my old DB.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:23 PM
I <3 My CB7.

hurrrr durrrr
Old 10-31-2010, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 10-31-2010, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 11-01-2010, 02:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The car really isn't that bad..you did go a little over board tho.

I would have just done the hood only. At least take the vinyl off the mirrors and get rid of the extinguisher.

By the way how much did you pay for the vinyl?
Old 11-01-2010, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Carbon fiber vinyl, Euro Tails, and projector headlights....
Old 11-01-2010, 05:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i think it looks fine as is
Old 11-01-2010, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

who the hell are you people to judge this mans ride who cares if it fake or not . its a great start. not everyone want to ride the all oem jdm train. most of the part we buy for our rides are a knock off of some other comp or design.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by redflaredcrx90
who the hell are you people to judge this mans ride who cares if it fake or not . its a great start. not everyone want to ride the all oem jdm train. most of the part we buy for our rides are a knock off of some other comp or design.
Originally Posted by silverlude80
Mainly looking for opinions on whether to vinyl the entire hood, or leave as is. Plus comments and opinions please.
I believe this answers your question
Old 11-01-2010, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: carbon fiber vinyl high end cars (this is texturized 3m dinoc)

Just to prove a point that most of you have no idea what this is or have even heard of it. As you can see tons of people use this stuff on their high end cars. It is relatively unknown and because of that you guys decide to dis it. In person it looks great. Really, how many preludes have you seen with this or like this? I am sure we have all seen hundreds of preludes like most of yours. Real tough to use stock paint and throw some rims on, or buy carbon fiber hoods from regular brands. The 3m dinoc is about the same price as carbon fiber products that everyone has. I plan on making this a full cockpit look like the supra pictured. I really only wanted opinion on the hood whether to do the whole thing. I thank the one guy who had my back, at least there is one sensible person on here. Opinions are meant to be constructive, not purposefully being a jerk. You guys keep doing the same things as everyone else, I will keep doing my thing. By the way, no ebay products on this car whatsoever. Spyder angel eye headlights and tail lights. I have had this car for 9 years, purchased right before I left for my first tour in Iraq. After a while its nice to do something different. The vinyl can be pulled off at any time, but I like it a ton better than it was stock. The rims are 100% authentic volk racing rims. And they are customed painted again to stay away from looking like everyone else. I guess I asked for this when posting pics, lesson learned.
Attached Images          
Old 11-01-2010, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How old are you? And first off on your point about "high end cars", you have a Honda..

And "anyone" can buy carbon fiber hoods and trunks, so you bought the fake sticker crap to be different? I usually don't reply to punks and their cars, but I'm tired of this.

/rice
Old 11-01-2010, 07:17 AM
Flattery Will Get You Everywhere

just because you put some pictures of a bentley and a mercedes benz and a lotus with that **** on it, doesnt mean it looks good. it looks terrible on any car, especially on yours. oh ya, nice tach and fire extinguisher. must be for when you hit that crazy vtech mang
Old 11-01-2010, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: carbon fiber vinyl high end cars (this is texturized 3m dinoc)

Originally Posted by silverlude80
Really, how many preludes have you seen with this or like this?
go on car domain, most look like yours.
or buy carbon fiber hoods from regular brands.
you DO realize that buying ACTUAL carbon fiber serves a purpose in a lot of cases.. where as yours does nothing but cover up clean factory paint.

kind of silly that you think people who buy real carbon fiber hoods are the dumb ones...
I really only wanted opinion on the hood whether to do the whole thing.
you did specify the hood, but also posted pictures of all angles of the car, and eve added this at the end of your OP.
Plus comments and opinions please.
take it like a man.
Opinions are meant to be constructive, not purposefully being a jerk.
wrong, opinions are whatever you think, good or bad, agree or dont agree, constructive criticism is constructive.
By the way, no ebay products on this car whatsoever. Spyder angel eye headlights and tail lights.
expensive rice, is still rice.
I guess I asked for this when posting pics, lesson learned.
Bingo.

PS. please use paragraphs when you type... nobody likes reading heaps of sentences mooshed together, especially whiny ones.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Normally I would just leave it at the previous post, but after those responses I decided to shoot this message out there anyway. Seriously how old am I? I am a grown man 30 years old. I am guessing people who go on this forums to talk poorly about other people's rides.

I am sure I can tear apart your cars as well, but I am a firm believer in to each there own. Why not show some respect and courtesy when you are speaking to another human being. I served 2 years in Iraq for this country so you and your friends would have the freedom to post your negative comments on this forum. Showing a little tact in your responses would have made all the difference.

How about, "In my opinion it does not look good, etc..." Instead of intentionally being rude. I did not know these forums were about people purposefully commenting on threads just for the sole purpose of being a deuschebag who has nothing else to do.

Why don't you state your age being that it has something to do with vehicle intelligence. That is like me asking for you to send a photo of yourself to show how busted you are and determining your "vehicle opinions" based on that. Making fun of grammer, that is pretty sad. I bet there are plenty of things you suck at that I greatly surpass your skills yet I would not judge your for that, especially not having even met you.

In closing, I am assuming most of you have miserable lives and pretty much have nothing better to do. I had a client cancellation and that is the reason I even decided to respond as I am against internet arguing.

Most of you probably still live in your parent's basements and have no friends except the people on this forum.

Good luck to you all
Old 11-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^The prelude is cool if you are a 17 year old girl who just got out of highschool.All you need is a pair of white sunglasses and bump some rap and you are set bro. Lol really i would take that **** off why didnt you just buy a reall hood if they cost the same.I wonder what the bay look's like.I did my time for the good ol US of A but that dosent mean people are going to give you a break.The car is rice can look way better but instead of telling you on a nice note most are ******** so that you get it in your head.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

please dont push your military experience upon people as an excuse to get automatic respect. on something completely unrelated to your service.

your respect for being in the military is there every day from millions of people.... however, dont go boasting around on petty things such as car forums demanding that you should get special treatment because you have served..

my friend got his left nut blew off in a humvee and you wont see him moaning about respect for his car when somebody calls it ugly...

i bet you ask for military discounts when you buy smoothies too...

grow up.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:29 AM
Superfly

why doesn't the op just get a carbon fiber hood and trunk lid?
Old 11-01-2010, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Samuraij
why doesn't the op just get a carbon fiber hood and trunk lid?
Spent all his money on the chicken wire grill.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dudesitsjdm
Spent all his money on the chicken wire grill.
which is not rice b/c it wasnt bought off ebay, its from the hardware store...
Old 11-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I guess I will gracefully discontinue my responses after this. The temptation to go back and forth is too much. I guess I am a different person and decide to live my life a different way. I choose to be friendly and kind to everyone I meet. I choose to be good to people and be a blessing in their lives.

You guys are a big part of the reason society is the way it is. I am assuming bullied in high school unfairly and taking it out on the honda tech forums. I do fee sorry for all of you as your life will be full of negative events and pretty much live in a constant state of stagnation.

You cannot succeed in life by putting others down, it is a poor way to live. I believe every person should receive respect for no reason but that we are all human beings and we were all put on this planet for a reason.

The seeds you sow will come back to you in whatever form they are whether good or bad. Think about the way you are living and speaking to people. I used to be like you guys, miserable and careless.

I guess the best revenge would be a happy healthy life, you guys enjoy being miserable, I will not lose my joy over this.

By the way, showing the higher end cars with the di noc carbon fiber on them was to show that it is not some cheap "Ricey" material. You don't usually see high end cars like that with distasteful accents of any kind.

Later

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Vinyl Opinions 2000 Crystal Blue Metallic Lude