Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

body-dropped civics...56k maybe...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: body-dropped civics...56k maybe... (Ham'ed Hatch)

quite possibly the dumbest thing i've ever seen.
Old 06-14-2003, 01:02 PM
Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space...

Default Re: body-dropped civics...56k maybe... (chainsaw)

Why do they even bother with any "performance" mods? It may not be rice per-say, but it's sort of like a cousin of rice. Granted there's a lot of work involved.....but seriously, a lot of those cars are the most ghetto things I've ever seen.

It's like minitrucks or whatever though....it's their thing, and I can respect the ones that look good.
Old 06-14-2003, 01:20 PM
Ham'ed Hatch

Default Re: body-dropped civics...56k maybe... (PatrickGSR94)

PatrickGSR94 i know your ****'s barely lowered and you don't have a truck, so stfu.

body dropping is modifying mounts and the frame to lay the body on the ground. so what those hondas have, are modified mounts and frames/chassis to lay the body on the ground! what's the difference dude? there is none!

body dropping has become a term used for many new and inventive ways to accomplish the same ******* concept....laying body panels on the ground. quit being so damn literal on the term "body dropped". they don't ONLY have tubbed out fenderwells for bigger wheels. obviously they have modified the suspension mounts to get the car that ******* low.
Old 06-14-2003, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

damn dude chill... when I refer to body dropping, I'm referring to how trucks do it where the floorboard and interior ends up being closer to the roof, and the engine ends up sitting higher, up closer to the hood. This is not the case w/ these cars which is why I said they aren't body dropped. If you want to define body dropping in some other way then be my guest.
Old 06-14-2003, 01:29 PM
Ham'ed Hatch

Default Re: body-dropped civics...56k maybe... (tHE oNE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2lowintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i don't like any of them.... and the one with the exhaust in the cabin.....well </TD></TR></TABLE>
this coming from a guys who's user name is 2lowintegra. with a comment like you made, i can tell you aren't low fa **** niggy.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tHE oNE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

actually those cars aren't body dropped.
I dont see any pics that show that any of them are body dropped.
<u>the rest are just bagged and acomadations were made to put them on the ground.</u>...
</TD></TR></TABLE>
what's in bold is pretty much the definition OF a body drop. soo...

you guys are entitled to your opinions and all, but ****, get your heads out of your asses and realize there's more to do to hondas than wasting money on JDM crap and wasting even more money on making them 'fast'.
Old 06-14-2003, 01:34 PM

LOL, nobody can steal their wheels if they are that tucked and slammed... or it will just take longer... good anti-theft IMO
Old 06-14-2003, 01:37 PM
Ham'ed Hatch

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PatrickGSR94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">....If you want to define body dropping in some other way then be my guest.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i just did in words, and posted a shitload of pics as well.

and just because i use the word '*******' and 'hammer juu head' dosen't mean i'm standing up screaming this **** out at my monitor haha. i just don't like when people come across as know-it-alls, especially when they have no experience in the matter. i try not to come off that way, so it'd be nice if others did as well.

good day to you sir.
Old 06-14-2003, 01:57 PM

the car's are so low that they aren't even practical to drive.==
Old 06-14-2003, 02:00 PM
Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ham'ed Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
with a comment like you made, i can tell you aren't low fa **** niggy.

you guys are entitled to your opinions and all, but ****, get your heads out of your asses and realize there's more to do to hondas than wasting money on JDM crap and wasting even more money on making them 'fast'.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Uh...how is it a waste of money to make your car fast? At least you're gaining something (speed, the fun of driving it, all around performance), as opposed to spending thousands of dollars so that your sideskirts can actually touch the ground rather than sit a whole 1-2 inches above it. Sorry, I'll "waste my money" on some performance parts like some coilovers and be almost as low and actually gain some handling and looks at the same time....all without hacking my car apart.

Like I said, I can respect people who are into that stuff whose cars look good, but as soon as you start claiming making a car fast is a waste of money....whatever. Then you post stuff like "**** you, your car isn't even low". Is the low-ness of your car some sort of right of passage now?

Whatever.
Old 06-14-2003, 02:10 PM

Default Re: body-dropped civics...56k maybe... (Regal)

So should I slap those civic's with my left or right hand. HORRIBLE
Old 06-14-2003, 02:13 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ham'ed Hatch: you're a ******* retard. The difference between "body-dropping" and "lowering" are as far apart as "sectioning" and lowering (although I doubt you even know what sectioning is, so that analogy probably passed you like all of the traffic where you live).

Lowering: making the vehicle lower to the ground via use of springs, shocks, dropped spindles, etc. (stockish hardware), hydraulic cylinders, airbags or air shocks. Lowering requires no modification to mounts, floorpans, crossmembers or frames (save the occasional relocation of a shock for a 'bag mount or cylinder perch).

Body Dropping: making the vehicle's body lower via cutting and rewelding choice areas (mounts, spot-welds, firewalls, floorpans, bed floors, shock towers, etc.). Body dropping makes the body, not the frame, closer to the ground. This technique has been around since the 1930's when hotrodders were performing sections/body drops to get their sleds as low as possible.

I'm not even going to get into sectioning because you can look it up on google when you're not too busy acting like you know ****.

Cutting the fenders out to allow for more tire/wheel tucking is not a body drop. That's an airbagging technique that limits the suspension travel to the airbags rather than the diameter of the wheels vs. fender depth.

So. You wanna keep arguing like you know what you're talking about, or are you through? I can't wait to hear your next moving arguement defending the "body dropping" of a UNIBODY Honda.

Edit: and before you lip off some more about anybody "not knowing ****" about body dropping and lowering, consider my first modified vehicle: a lowered AND body dropped S10 Pickup.
Old 06-14-2003, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: body-dropped civics...56k maybe... (Archidictus)

hahaha

what a waste of money..ruined the car.
Old 06-14-2003, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: body-dropped civics...56k maybe... (BoostedSi)

Dont act like you cant body drop a unibody. go to http://www.thedropshop.us they body dropped a beretta.

Yager-
Old 06-14-2003, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech User

Default Re: body-dropped civics...56k maybe... (ImportHatch)

you guys need to get over yourself and realize that it is not all about 16 inch rims and oem parts................some people like the show thing some people like going fast

and you cant have both....they obviously choose the show scene.......

steve
Old 06-14-2003, 03:55 PM

Default Re: body-dropped civics...56k maybe... (10seconds)

you CAN have both. I mean obviously if you're getting crazy like this with cutting andwelding 'n **** no you can't have beth then. But if you got a set of air cylinders and left it at that no cutting and welding 'n **** you can stil lbe fast riding on air. Just to get technical.

Old 06-14-2003, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech User

Default Re: body-dropped civics...56k maybe... (GSR Dave2094)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GSR Dave2094 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you CAN have both. I mean obviously if you're getting crazy like this with cutting andwelding 'n **** no you can't have beth then. But if you got a set of air cylinders and left it at that no cutting and welding 'n **** you can stil lbe fast riding on air. Just to get technical.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

you show me a fast car on bags and i will take back what i said.............
Old 06-14-2003, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: body-dropped civics...56k maybe... (10seconds)

How do you turn? Laugh if you will, but I don't see that happening very easily.
Old 06-14-2003, 04:33 PM

Default Re: body-dropped civics...56k maybe... (hamB18C1)

i hope they have enough money to keep buying new tires....got camber?
Old 06-14-2003, 05:05 PM

Default Re: body-dropped civics...56k maybe... (HuskerHybrid)

What a bunch of PhoKtards
Old 06-14-2003, 06:38 PM

Default Re: body-dropped civics...56k maybe... (Pho Real)

Whoa. Those cars look really neato. I mean just like everyone else, I'd have to say 'not my cup of tea' but hell, those look really nice. I would consider them 'art' also. I'm suprised more members here are not open minded....

Thanks for the pics hammed!

Old 06-14-2003, 06:57 PM

Well that's real cute that you think there cars are art. But honestly I think its a

waste of money and they look like ****. I don't care how low they are. At least get

some bettr looking mods, then 'slamming' your car. Im sorry but there just to

fugly.

alex
Old 06-14-2003, 07:09 PM
Global Moderator

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ham'ed Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i can tell you aren't low fa **** niggy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Banned for racism.
Old 06-14-2003, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

*Cough*ClubSi*cough*....no seriously get the hell out of here
Old 06-14-2003, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: body-dropped civics...56k maybe... (Reid)

I think that they look cool, but Im an appearance guy as much as performance so I have a slight bias. I dont understand the point though. I know it is to be unique but also how can you drive? My CRX is about 3" clearance in the front or so and I have problems all day long bottoming out and scraping. I have to take the long way around in parking lots and malls because I have to avoid the speed bumps. I bet the ride is rough as hell to. It looks good but not practical.

CRX Forum
Old 06-14-2003, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: body-dropped civics...56k maybe... (crxforum)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxforum &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think that they look cool, but Im an appearance guy as much as performance so I have a slight bias. I dont understand the point though. I know it is to be unique but also how can you drive? My CRX is about 3" clearance in the front or so and I have problems all day long bottoming out and scraping. I have to take the long way around in parking lots and malls because I have to avoid the speed bumps. I bet the ride is rough as hell to. It looks good but not practical.

CRX Forum</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is where the bags come in. They flip a switch, and suddenly they are higher than stock.

Quick Reply: body-dropped civics...56k maybe...