Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

Aight Cats whats the deal with Rota Slipstreams

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2002, 06:45 PM
So what I drive a Volvo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aight Cats whats the deal with Rota Slipstreams

I got to ask this question? What is up with everyone flamming people for buying Rotas? Everyone is saying they are gay, fake spoon poser wheels and so forth.
I got these wheels cuz they were light, cheap and looked good. But people always trying ot say i am a poser for buying Spoon fakes!
Why the hatred just wanted to know?

Is it cuz the JDM fad just came out of nowhere, and peeps is hating cuz they drive a non B16 powered Crx or hatch??

Old 06-11-2002, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Aight Cats whats the deal with Rota Slipstreams (Token Blk Guy)

its all good to me not like i matter to any1 but my self. are the token black guy from 161822 anyhow big up have fun with those wheels
Old 06-11-2002, 07:42 PM
New User

Default Re: Aight Cats whats the deal with Rota Slipstreams (nijia555)

dont mind the hating...it'll always be there. just be glad u got some light strong wheels for a good price instead of jumping on the jdm bandwagon and dishing out ridiculous amounts for light strong and UGLY wheels. i dont care if theyre SPOON or mount themselves onto the tires straight outta the box...they are UGLY. people who buy them for function= people who buy to be JDM = JDM bandwagon hoppers=
Old 06-11-2002, 08:04 PM
I didn't ask for a dime.

Default Re: Aight Cats whats the deal with Rota Slipstreams (ALLMOTORDC2)

instead of jumping on the jdm bandwagon
Buying Spoon wheels isn't jumping on the JDM bandwagon. As a matter of fact Spoon isn't even JDM. The last time I checked, JDM is Japanese Domestic Market. Spoon is simply, aftermarket.

As for the hatred, yes, it will always be there and but more specifically the hatred of Rotas will pass in time. Something else will appear to take the spotlight away altogether.
Old 06-11-2002, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Aight Cats whats the deal with Rota Slipstreams (ALLMOTORDC2)

i had a set of rotas for awhile. they are a good deal for the price, which is why people are buying them up. i guess what most people do not like about them is that they are copies. oh well who cares i was happy with the rotas and now i'm very happy with my ssr comps.

[Modified by broke1, 12:09 AM 6/12/2002]
Old 06-11-2002, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No it's not so much hating on the wheels themselves. It's the fact there are literally
like over 5 posts on these damn Rotas like everyday. All the topics are about the same thing too. "What color Rota's should I get for a 99 Black Integra?", "What color C8's should I get for a 99 Black Integra"," Post your pics of C8's and Silpstreams on 98 Civic Hatches", "will Black Slipstreams look good on my girlfriend?, blah blah blah. Just retarded, If they wouuld run a search im pretty damn sure they will find their question posted before. But no likes to search and instead insist on posting their retarded posts and stupid polls, wasting bandwidth and pushing all the interesting topics to the bottom.
Hell I used to own a set of C8's and they are nice wheels, but really nothing special, if you can spend $400 on wheels you can save a little more and get something a little more worth the money. I mean seriously people I know not everyone has money spewing out of their asses but you can't go wrong saving up and buying a higher quality wheel. I'm sure all of you are familiar with what a Forged wheel and a cast wheel is. Rotas are cast wheels, they use less material to make the wheel lighter, thus making the wheel significantly weaker than a forged wheel of the same or lighter weight. So at $400 + a set for Rotas you think it's a deal, and sure it is, but if you keep bending the wheels and having to buy new ones you might as well have gotten a forged wheel that is a little harder to bend.
My point is, the newbies make too much of a big deal with these wheels, which is fine but it gets really freakin annoying.

Cliff notes: Reading is fun!

Old 06-12-2002, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Aight Cats whats the deal with Rota Slipstreams (Mr. Shin)

Is it really that easy to bend those wheels?????
Old 06-12-2002, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got these wheels cuz they were light, cheap and looked good.
Exactly! Im not trying to look like I have those spooon fuggin wheels, I got my rotas cuz they are light and cheap as dirt! Last weekend I got my first "your a wannabe, and jdm jokes" I told the guy to eat ****.

[Modified by 99MilanoRedSi, 9:45 AM 6/12/2002]
Old 06-12-2002, 07:54 AM
So what I drive a Volvo

Default Re: Aight Cats whats the deal with Rota Slipstreams (Mr. Shin)

No it's not so much hating on the wheels themselves. It's the fact there are literally
like over 5 posts on these damn Rotas like everyday. All the topics are about the same thing too. "What color Rota's should I get for a 99 Black Integra?", "What color C8's should I get for a 99 Black Integra"," Post your pics of C8's and Silpstreams on 98 Civic Hatches", "will Black Slipstreams look good on my girlfriend?, blah blah blah. Just retarded, If they wouuld run a search im pretty damn sure they will find their question posted before. But no likes to search and instead insist on posting their retarded posts and stupid polls, wasting bandwidth and pushing all the interesting topics to the bottom.
Hell I used to own a set of C8's and they are nice wheels, but really nothing special, if you can spend $400 on wheels you can save a little more and get something a little more worth the money. I mean seriously people I know not everyone has money spewing out of their asses but you can't go wrong saving up and buying a higher quality wheel. I'm sure all of you are familiar with what a Forged wheel and a cast wheel is. Rotas are cast wheels, they use less material to make the wheel lighter, thus making the wheel significantly weaker than a forged wheel of the same or lighter weight. So at $400 + a set for Rotas you think it's a deal, and sure it is, but if you keep bending the wheels and having to buy new ones you might as well have gotten a forged wheel that is a little harder to bend.
My point is, the newbies make too much of a big deal with these wheels, which is fine but it gets really freakin annoying.

Cliff notes: Reading is fun!
Yep i totoaly agree i was looking in the hatch section and everyone was hating and asking about the Slips. I ddint realize alot of people were buying these wheels. I just moved out to Sacremento, and everywwhere i go i get props on my lude but as soon as i tell them there are rotas its like they get pissed. Would they rather i lie and tell them they are spoons, you just cant win in this sport!!
Oh well **** em i like the rotoas!!
Old 06-12-2002, 09:18 AM

Rotas are cool rims. You get what you pay for. What is annoying is all the damm posts concerning rotas.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Aight Cats whats the deal with Rota Slipstreams (vivid02)

I dont know about you guys, but I dont like to roll around with the same wheels that every other kid has.

[Modified by slowDC2racer, 7:49 PM 6/12/2002]
Old 06-12-2002, 11:13 AM
S14

Default Re: Aight Cats whats the deal with Rota Slipstreams (slowDC2racer)

nothing wrong with the rims. However, I know at least 20 people with a set of them.
Old 06-12-2002, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Aight Cats whats the deal with Rota Slipstreams (S14)

oh damnit not again! This is like the 4jillionth time we have had a thread dedicated to flaming or rejoicing the slips.
Old 06-12-2002, 11:49 AM
l

you damn poser...

haha man hmmmmm

all ill say is that spoon didnt originate the 5 star rim design look at older gmc trucks and other american cars
Old 06-12-2002, 12:00 PM
So what I drive a Volvo

Default Re: Aight Cats whats the deal with Rota Slipstreams (WAFFLES)

oh damnit not again! This is like the 4jillionth time we have had a thread dedicated to flaming or rejoicing the slips.
hey hey hey man give me a break, i was board at work i failed ot use the Search button!!! LOL
Old 06-12-2002, 12:18 PM
GDD Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I like Rota's, but everybody has them. I think you get flamed on this site if you don't have slips.
Old 06-12-2002, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Aight Cats whats the deal with Rota Slipstreams (chrisonepointsix)

it doesnt reallymatter, majority of ******s who hate for not having real spoons, dont take time to mention or realize, theoretically there are no real spoon rims. Spoon doesn't make those rim's known as sw388.s Desmond does, but u dont see me saying "spoon is wack for remarketing a pre existing product as their own" do u? i think they are good rims regardless, same as rota, difference in quality, but both good rims.

another thing is, spoon rims, lightweight functional rim designed by desmond, used/remarketed by spoon for road racing, well i give props to anyone who can afford them, good for you, but most of the people with spoons hating on rotas have them for show, and have no interest in road race motorsports whatsoever so therefore, they themselves are suckas. flat black simplistic 5 spoke rims for show purpose.hmm, yeah thats real flossin.

if u have real spoons. ok good for u, but unless u use them, u have no room to talk, if so you are just as fake.

if u have rotas, except u have nice quality affordable rims, dont knock those who can afford them as long as they aren't talkin **** to u.

[Modified by JaeOne3345, 9:45 PM 6/12/2002]
Old 06-12-2002, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Aight Cats whats the deal with Rota Slipstreams (JaeOne3345)

Spoon, good for one thing...

FOR YOU TO EAT MY ***....

buy whatever can get the job done... hardly any of these fools that by these products really use them for there true purpose. IMHO, i feel that these parts was made for the hardcore peeps that spend alot of time on the track... Not for the ones that like to get carpet burns... OOOOH, "look at me... Im a little sissy bunny rabbit"

What since does it make to get anything just to so how much of a poser you are... Then knock people because they buy products made for the same purpose but at lot less of a price...

Do what you gotta do to your car... But have your own mind about it and dont let people decide for you what should be done to your car... And stay off the FCKN bandwagons, mainstream MTV FCKS...
Old 06-12-2002, 12:57 PM

If you are spending over $1000 on wheels just for the name, then YOU are the ***. I don't see any reason for flaming someone for trying to save money on a wheel that performs just as well as the real thing. I call it being smart, not gay.

[Modified by maxim, 3:58 PM 6/12/2002]
Old 06-12-2002, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would pay that much for those evo's... but in the next year or two, i will hopefully turn my piggy into a track *****... So for now, Rota's(not shitstreams)will do me just fine... And the money im saving will be going on motor parts(ever heard of them) and a motorcycle...

1000-2000 bucks can be put on a JUN head package. But wait, alot of people still have those SOHC motors...

"Look at me, i just went and got a SHORTY's or FLIP skateboard just because they seem to be the hot teams out right now... But i never ride my board, dont wanna FCk up the graphics"
boooo
Old 06-12-2002, 02:19 PM

If you are spending over $1000 on wheels just for the name, then YOU are the ***. I don't see any reason for flaming someone for trying to save money on a wheel that performs just as well as the real thing. I call it being smart, not gay.

[Modified by maxim, 3:58 PM 6/12/2002]

ther are reasons why they cost so much, one of htem is the fact that they dont perform as well as "the real thing"

and if you are buying them for the name u are a stupid f!@#!@ moron who is buying them for all the wrong reasons

i have sid this so many f!@#@# times it should be copyright ©

if you are buying them for the name u are a stupid f!@#!@ moron who is buying them for all the wrong reasons© there!
Ok, then explain to me how a Spoon wheel performs better than a Rota wheel that is just about as light. Its a looks and name thing, that's all.
Old 06-12-2002, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

but most of the people with spoons hating on rotas have them for show, and have no interest in road race motorsports whatsoever
Did you do a survey? Where can one find the results to this survey?

Oh... you didn't? Didn't think so.

As for people hating on Rotas, Spoons or any other thing that someone does to THEIR car, you are a loser and need to go lay down.

Worry about your OWN ****.

Rotas
Spoons
Buying them for WHATEVER reason you like
Whining about other peoples stuff

Miguel

[Modified by SIINSI, 7:20 PM 6/12/2002]
Old 06-12-2002, 03:44 PM

I'm with JaeOne.

and thanks for letting me know rotas aren't good for racing (autox), i'll save my money and get racing harts (unless those aren't good either).
Old 06-12-2002, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Aight Cats whats the deal with Rota Slipstreams (SIINSI)

but most of the people with spoons hating on rotas have them for show, and have no interest in road race motorsports whatsoever

Did you do a survey? Where can one find the results to this survey?

Oh... you didn't? Didn't think so.

As for people hating on Rotas, Spoons or any other thing that someone does to THEIR car, you are a loser and need to go lay down.

Worry about your OWN ****.

Rotas
Spoons
Buying them for WHATEVER reason you like
Whining about other peoples stuff

Miguel

[Modified by SIINSI, 7:20 PM 6/12/2002]
ahh see i picked a bone and the shoe didnt even fit. miguel ive never heard u hate on rota so it didnt apply to u unless u do.

"but most of the people with spoons hating on rotas " . obvious disntiction. i didnt say most of the people with spoons and thats all. and if u read post, i see so many people hating on rota on this board that dont have a clue to wtf they are talking about. rota is fake? well name the real spoon wheel? hmm, doesnt really exist does it, but as i said before very respectively, if u have it have a modest head about it, cool, if u have it and u think u r the **** with them when u dont even use/abuse them as they were designed to be, then "**** up". perhaps i should have noted "probably" for those who fail to read things between the lines.

"Buying them for WHATEVER reason you like " okay fine and dandy i can agree with respectably when u think that technically "hey if the people worked hard for such a part, then get it. " if i worked hard to build a top fuel dragster, yes i deserve to own it, although why?(just my opinion dont get butthurt). i guess u could view that as a collector if think of a range of different viewpoints. but theres a difference when u buy something cuz u worked for it, and when u buy something and front like you(people in general who fit this..again dont get butthurt) are down with this and that, when you really aren't. that = phoney sucka.

"Worry about your OWN ****"
exactly. if we should all worry about our own ****, none of us should ever post numerous pics of cars weekly, afterall, who gives a **** about what other people think right? nor should we value what other people think like what car should we get next correct? who cares what the board thinks, they shouldnt worry about your ****, only you should. theoretically everyone on this board who commits themself to a discussion such as this is whining in a way, whether u call it whinging or making a statement, it has diff meanings depending on how u imply it to the situation. the mere fact that you responded to people who wine about that, is whining in itself.

now im prolly gonna get flamed by you and your many h-t fans but let it happen, after all its just the internet, you can say what you want, and i can say what i want, my opinion is my opinion i never labeled it as fact. i respect other opinions but i dont have to agree with them. u can say what u want and vice versa, its the net, things are going to be open for discussion, if someone can't deal with extremist viewpoints or any viewpoints which differ from there own for that manner, then those people have bigger problems on their hands.

[Modified by JaeOne3345, 1:06 AM 6/13/2002]
Old 06-12-2002, 03:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Aight Cats whats the deal with Rota Slipstreams (24seven)

thanks for letting me know rotas aren't good for racing (autox), i'll save my money and get racing harts (unless those aren't good either).
whoever told u that is confused, all i gotta say is take a trip to a track such as willow, where old veterans of such track will give u the ride of your life, in vehicles that may not be so floss worthy, but encompass what matters most on the track. FUNCTIONAL qualities(not saying that functional cant be stylish at the same time). or better yet got watch an scca ita event, see a d16a6 crx well prepared for its duties whoop the **** out cars so much more expensive.

[Modified by JaeOne3345, 1:00 AM 6/13/2002]

Quick Reply: Aight Cats whats the deal with Rota Slipstreams