194 vs. 168 wedge bulbs - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion


Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

194 vs. 168 wedge bulbs

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2002, 06:52 AM   #1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
munscher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Clemson, SC, USA
Posts: 576
Default 194 vs. 168 wedge bulbs

Anybody know the difference? I've heard 194s are just bigger, and i've heard that 194s have less lumens? so not as bright? anyone wanna help me out?
munscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 07:46 AM   #2
Honda-Tech Member
 
BigZ88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Greer, SC, USA
Posts: 2,126
Default Re: 194 vs. 168 wedge bulbs (munscher)

Quote:
Anybody know the difference? I've heard 194s are just bigger, and i've heard that 194s have less lumens? so not as bright? anyone wanna help me out?
I thought they were the same light output....id go with 168's but if i were u, i'd ask poop. Or look at tood's....he has one of em. whichever he has are bright as hell.
BigZ88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 07:50 AM   #3
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
munscher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Clemson, SC, USA
Posts: 576
Default Re: 194 vs. 168 wedge bulbs (BigZ88)

todd uses all 194s... i found something (well he did rather and showed me) that says 168, 194, and 921 bulbs all fit and function in the same applications. which leads me to wonder why the hell arent they all the same number. as far as poop... i wasn't very impressed with his knowledge on finding my H4 and H1 bulbs, i ended up explaining more to him than him to me.

and just so you know... i ordered nokya arctic white h4 and h1s today, prolly gonna use 194 hyper white leds in the corners


[Modified by munscher, 4:54 PM 12/10/2002]
munscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 08:39 AM   #4
Honda-Tech Member
 
BigZ88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Greer, SC, USA
Posts: 2,126
Default Re: 194 vs. 168 wedge bulbs (munscher)

Quote:
todd uses all 194s... i found something (well he did rather and showed me) that says 168, 194, and 921 bulbs all fit and function in the same applications. which leads me to wonder why the hell arent they all the same number. as far as poop... i wasn't very impressed with his knowledge on finding my H4 and H1 bulbs, i ended up explaining more to him than him to me.

and just so you know... i ordered nokya arctic white h4 and h1s today, prolly gonna use 194 hyper white leds in the corners


[Modified by munscher, 4:54 PM 12/10/2002]
well difference in those bulbs could be size of the actual bulb, and they could have the same socket size(dont ask the point of this except to take up more of the housing.maybe....
anyways, congrats on the bulbs...LED's should be really bright in corners. Tood's blue ones in the doors look really good.
wish i had money to buy stuff....stupid engine.
BigZ88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 09:15 AM   #5
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
munscher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Clemson, SC, USA
Posts: 576
Default Re: 194 vs. 168 wedge bulbs (BigZ88)

I think i finally found the answer to my own question, here it is for any and all who care...

http://www.theherd.com/articles/bulbs.html


[Modified by munscher, 6:16 PM 12/10/2002]
munscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 09:18 AM   #6
Honda-Tech Member
 
BigZ88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Greer, SC, USA
Posts: 2,126
Default Re: 194 vs. 168 wedge bulbs (munscher)

Quote:
I think i finally found the answer to my own question, here it is for any and all who care...

http://www.theherd.com/articles/bulbs.html


[Modified by munscher, 6:16 PM 12/10/2002]
go with 168
BigZ88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 09:26 AM   #7
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
munscher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Clemson, SC, USA
Posts: 576
Default Re: 194 vs. 168 wedge bulbs (BigZ88)

im thinking 192 is the choice... still has 3 candle power and lasts longer, the wattage and amperage #s shouldnt matter much, especially with such a small bulb.... of course i'm thinking LED is in a category of its own
munscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 10:06 AM   #8
Honda-Tech Member
 
BigZ88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Greer, SC, USA
Posts: 2,126
Default Re: 194 vs. 168 wedge bulbs (munscher)

Quote:
im thinking 192 is the choice... still has 3 candle power and lasts longer, the wattage and amperage #s shouldnt matter much, especially with such a small bulb.... of course i'm thinking LED is in a category of its own
LED's but, gotta think of availibility of 192's....maybe its not as readily available in special colors and such.
BigZ88 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SUPER CLEARANCE!! Top Fuel, ARC, Mugen, Spoon, Carbing, Vision, Sparco, H.O.P., AEM, more!!! self.one For Sale 172 08-03-2016 05:52 AM
Light Bulb #'s - 1991 Civic Hatch -dSoc- soccerwuedo5 Honda CRX / EF Civic (1988 - 1991) 6 02-12-2010 12:13 PM
-------FT/FS: 17'' Gun-Metal Rota Slips------ Corey_sl Florida (Sales) 23 04-02-2008 01:52 PM
FS: SUPER CLEARANCE!! Top Fuel, ARC, Mugen, Spoon, Carbing, Vision, Sparco, H.O.P., AEM, more!!! self.one Southern California (Sales) 177 09-06-2007 01:39 PM
Another Idea for Cockpit Lighting Brett Honda / Acura 3 01-06-2003 07:14 AM


Tags
168, 194, 921, brightest, bulb, bulbs, honda, hyper, lumens, mini, nokya, s2000, socket, wedge, white

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:43 PM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: