Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: *** SPFWD Integra ***

sweet!!
Old 06-06-2010, 07:38 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 13173
What do you fly? My brother and I both served in the USAF, he is still serving and about to hit his 10 year mark. We are both aircraft maintenance, me being a former 2A655 and my brother being a 2A617. We are both flightline guys....

They are cheap? I mean I have seen these seats pass all sorts of tech. I have also seen these seats in 7 sec street cars running at the track. So they may not cost as much as your STATUS seats or whatever you may run, but they pass tech and have kept people in place and safe. I guess that what counts, right?
I was a 1A051 on KC135Rs now I'm a 12M on C130Hs

Yeah they are cheap. They are sheet metal covered by a real, real, real thin layer of padding. Very uncomfortable and lazily thrown together. For a few more bucks even a set of Sparco seats would be of better quality and more respectable. I'm not saying he has to rock Status or Recaros like me. I just see the concentrated money on some aspects of the car and skimped on others. I made a honest comment and got jumped on by uneducated individuals. Thats awesome that dudes run low number on a dragstrip on Rotas. I would run better quality wheels and have peace of mind. I also don't support that part of the market that benefits in making cheaper replicated parts. the OP can do whatever he wants. I never said the car wasn't good lucking or fast. I'm sure it's both.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This car is amazing!, if this pulled up next to me I wouldve prolly said something like "silly ricer in his 4x4 integra"... And then later down the road..."FUUUH! THAT SHIIIT WAS QUICCCK!"

Ps: post vids or sound clips of this beast ASAP! And this Internet drama is a bunch of rubbish
Old 06-07-2010, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Brice.Hayden
I was a 1A051 on KC135Rs now I'm a 12M on C130Hs

Yeah they are cheap. They are sheet metal covered by a real, real, real thin layer of padding. Very uncomfortable and lazily thrown together. For a few more bucks even a set of Sparco seats would be of better quality and more respectable. I'm not saying he has to rock Status or Recaros like me. I just see the concentrated money on some aspects of the car and skimped on others. I made a honest comment and got jumped on by uneducated individuals. Thats awesome that dudes run low number on a dragstrip on Rotas. I would run better quality wheels and have peace of mind. I also don't support that part of the market that benefits in making cheaper replicated parts. the OP can do whatever he wants. I never said the car wasn't good lucking or fast. I'm sure it's both.
I was flightline 2A655 on C-130's, several different models though. Combat Talon's both 1 and 2's, Shadows, Kings, and maybe the occasional transient aircraft that broke down on our ramp. The Talons were all made in the 80's and therefore the hydraulics were alot newer than the Shadows, and Kings that were made in the 60's. Most of our aircraft in my unit were refuelers/special ops planes. They talked to me about becoming an FE on them for awhile before I got out. At that point I did not feel like going through all the school to become one. They like for CC's and other flightline mechanics to become the FE since we know the planes inside and out.

My brother has been a 2A617 on B-52's and F-15's. He is currently flightline and about to hit his 10 year mark.

As far as this Integra goes, I do not believe that the Kirkey seats are cheap, they are thinly padded, but they were not meant for a daily driven car. They are a race seat, a seat that is designed for a lot of cars that the driver will sit in for no more than a few minutes in most cases. Also, obviously, they are lightweight.

I am not sure how running more expensive wheels will give you a better piece of mind, especially in a straight line situation. I have seen a few cars down at VIR running some off brand wheels. I have seen people say that Rotas can not take big side loads or bumps in the track for a long period of time, but then I have seen guys push Rotas about as hard as you can and they hold up. I have also seen some Volks get destroyed, but any of this comes with the territory. People are always going to be partial to brands, but I do not bad mouth them or talk down to them because one may like Panasports while the other is rocking Rotas.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:23 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Well like I said, I don't drag race. I do road courses and autocross where sideload is important. There is possibility of my Mugen or Spoon or Volk wheels breaking. But I think the chances are less. Plus it is personal preference. But I would rather support the real companies that design wheels and put money and time into R&D instead of Rota who just steals designs and undermines the market with cheap wheels. His tires are worth more than his rims. Seems like a bad combo to have.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What the quack .... this thread has turned into another military thread.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well like I said, I don't drag race. I do road courses and autocross where sideload is important.
Out of curiousity, what HPDE organization do you run with here in Texas?
Old 06-07-2010, 02:13 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

who said i run HPDE?
Old 06-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

who said i run HPDE?
You said you "run road courses"... So either you have a competition license with SCCA/Nasa and race wheel to wheel, or you are a member at MSR Cresson/Houston, Eagles Canyon, or Harris Hill... or you run with one of the HPDE organizations.

The latter is the most likely, hence my question. But if one of the former is true, I would be happy to be proven wrong.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That Integra is AWESOME! I'd like to see some videos as well of that thing run.

And about the drama, it's one thing to argue about rim choice and quality, but it takes it to a whole different level when you shoot out personal attacks. Take that sh*t to pm's, and let this guy enjoy the positive comments about his car.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bada$$!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 08:37 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by JamesL
You said you "run road courses"... So either you have a competition license with SCCA/Nasa and race wheel to wheel, or you are a member at MSR Cresson/Houston, Eagles Canyon, or Harris Hill... or you run with one of the HPDE organizations.

The latter is the most likely, hence my question. But if one of the former is true, I would be happy to be proven wrong.
Who also said I do them in Texas? Maybe you should stop assuming to know something, you don't know. I have only been in Texas since November and I have 2 more cars in South Carolina(S2000 and TSX) I am only here for training and will be going back home in October. SO with that being said, I have run Harris Hill once. I've never been to any of the other locations although I would definitely welcome the opportunity. I've done most of my "competitive" driving in PA and states surrounding the Carolinas.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:56 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

sideload? autocross?

so what youre saying is, brice.hayden breaks wheels in second gear in a parking lot potentially? that IS what you just said.

what planet do you autocross on?

you say stupid **** like this, and use vague terms like "competitive driving", and when people call you out on it, you fly off the handle everytime, THEN when yo uget called out for flying off the handle, you call it sarcasm. youve got a half-assed answer or excuse for everything, worse than even a State Trooper. i'd say thats the life of a forum jockey named brice.hayden to a T.

Last edited by What.; 06-08-2010 at 12:48 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol
Old 06-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

beast status. looks like fun to me
Old 06-07-2010, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice integra. Def... throw some videos of it up
Old 06-08-2010, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Who also said I do them in Texas? Maybe you should stop assuming to know something, you don't know. I have only been in Texas since November and I have 2 more cars in South Carolina(S2000 and TSX) I am only here for training and will be going back home in October. SO with that being said, I have run Harris Hill once. I've never been to any of the other locations although I would definitely welcome the opportunity. I've done most of my "competitive" driving in PA and states surrounding the Carolinas.
Cool. Like I said, Im happy to be proven wrong.

Is your real name Brice Hayden? I can't seem to find any results for you on MyLaps? Or any of the Pennsylvania region SCCA clubs, either.

Would you care to share what kind of competition driving you do?
Old 06-08-2010, 10:08 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by What.
sideload? autocross?

so what youre saying is, brice.hayden breaks wheels in second gear in a parking lot potentially? that IS what you just said.

what planet do you autocross on?

you say stupid **** like this, and use vague terms like "competitive driving", and when people call you out on it, you fly off the handle everytime, THEN when yo uget called out for flying off the handle, you call it sarcasm. youve got a half-assed answer or excuse for everything, worse than even a State Trooper. i'd say thats the life of a forum jockey named brice.hayden to a T.
blah blah blah Chad. still talking out your ***. Go jump off Mt. Fuji and do us all a favor.

Originally Posted by JamesL
Cool. Like I said, Im happy to be proven wrong.

Is your real name Brice Hayden? I can't seem to find any results for you on MyLaps? Or any of the Pennsylvania region SCCA clubs, either.

Would you care to share what kind of competition driving you do?
No its a fake name. My real name is Rusty Shackleford.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the car is alright.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JDM-EK-B18C5
the car is alright.
lol....GTFO
Old 06-08-2010, 09:18 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

blah blah blah Chad. still talking out your ***. Go jump off Mt. Fuji and do us all a favor.

No, son, you did just insinuate that the side loads you achive in autocross might break a wheel that is not name brand. you DID just say that and this is only the TIP of the iceberg when it comes to the mularkey you post in regards to cars on this forum.

jump off mt. fuji? hey buddy, the age on your driver's liscense is definately not indicative of your mental/social age. you are a f*cking child, 100%.

keep it coming, champ. true core enthusiasts on this board, the few that are left, see right through you.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:21 PM
I'm really 2slow

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

sweet car man!!
Old 06-09-2010, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No its a fake name. My real name is Rusty Shackleford.
So I take that as a no, you are not willing to share what kind of competition driving you do...
Old 06-09-2010, 07:15 AM
lub
Honda-Tech Member

Nice Integra op. Lol at drama.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:04 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by What.
No, son, you did just insinuate that the side loads you achive in autocross might break a wheel that is not name brand. you DID just say that and this is only the TIP of the iceberg when it comes to the mularkey you post in regards to cars on this forum.

jump off mt. fuji? hey buddy, the age on your driver's liscense is definately not indicative of your mental/social age. you are a f*cking child, 100%.

keep it coming, champ. true core enthusiasts on this board, the few that are left, see right through you.
Son? I don't think so. Get back to me when you hit 30 and can hold rational conversation.
No one i know from my generation uses the word "mularkey" either. You wouldn't know what a true enthusiast was with all the **** talking you do. You're a dirtbag who talks down to everyone from your pedastal. Congrats on having an account for more than 6 monthsthis time. It might be a record.

Quick Reply: *** SPFWD Integra ***