Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Whats this part called??

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats this part called??

Alright so I was in the process of changing the ac compressor but when I put in the new one, I noticed that it did not have this part the old one had. I tried taking it off the old one but that is not going to happen. I took it to autozone to ask them, but they are all clueless. If someone knows what the part is called or the part number, please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Whats this part called??

That looks like the mount where the discharge hose goes in. I don't think that part is listed separately.

Look at the new compressor you have, you may not need it if there is a port for the discharge hose. Take a picture of the new one and post it.

Here is a link with instructions to adding AC that may help you: http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/AI/AII25711.pdf
Old 08-28-2010, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not sure that you can get that sepearte as well...you can swap it to the new one unless the head of the screw is seized, once its off change the O ring and reinstall the screw...its just an extension so they do not have to redesign hoses with tight bends thats all
Old 08-28-2010, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh it sucks to figure that out after the new one is in. As far as that bolt goes if vise grips will not break it free, then dremel the head off and just slide tthe piece over it and replace that bolt on the new compressor.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds like you just got the wrong compressor.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by redbull-1
That looks like the mount where the discharge hose goes in. I don't think that part is listed separately.

Look at the new compressor you have, you may not need it if there is a port for the discharge hose. Take a picture of the new one and post it.

Here is a link with instructions to adding AC that may help you: http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/AI/AII25711.pdf
I will take a picture of the new one and show you. It does have a port, but the hoses dont fit right without that piece. I tried putting it on one way, but it will hit the alternator and it still wont bolt it, the other way and it hits the other hose and doesnt bolt up. Thanks for trying to help.
Originally Posted by Canuck99
Not sure that you can get that sepearte as well...you can swap it to the new one unless the head of the screw is seized, once its off change the O ring and reinstall the screw...its just an extension so they do not have to redesign hoses with tight bends thats all
I tried taking it off, but the bolts are really small and its super tight so it just strips the bolts. Thanks for the suggestions.
Originally Posted by KWayRacing
oh it sucks to figure that out after the new one is in. As far as that bolt goes if vise grips will not break it free, then dremel the head off and just slide tthe piece over it and replace that bolt on the new compressor.
Haha tried vise grips too but the bolts are just too small. Thanks.
Originally Posted by pw.hondatech
sounds like you just got the wrong compressor.
Ummm Im pretty sure its hard to get the wrong item unless my brother ordered the wrong item or the company sent the wrong item lol, but Im pretty sure its the right one. Thanks though.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would try a center punch and a hammer on the bolts. See this thread regarding the use of a center punch: https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-1990-2002-2/removing-map-sensor-stripped-screw-2750968/

If that doesn't work, my last resort would be drilling the bolts, starting with a very small drill bit. But, I would say the punch and hammer should work.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ummm at the dealership we never have to change that over so either you have the wrong compressor or your dealing with an aftermarket in that case its your fault.i have access to the honda catalog right now on any computer with an internet access.all i need is a vin and we can settle this.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This sounds very familiar, I believe the OP was in my shop looking for the same item. As stated, on a Honda compressor, this is not available separately, so he probably purchased either an aftermarket or an e-bay item.
Looks like a drill bit and ez-out....
Old 09-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by pw.hondatech
ummm at the dealership we never have to change that over so either you have the wrong compressor or your dealing with an aftermarket in that case its your fault.i have access to the honda catalog right now on any computer with an internet access.all i need is a vin and we can settle this.
Ugh... probably. Dont have the vin on me since its my brothers car and he doesnt live at home. O well thanks for the help.

Originally Posted by Steve@Spreen
This sounds very familiar, I believe the OP was in my shop looking for the same item. As stated, on a Honda compressor, this is not available separately, so he probably purchased either an aftermarket or an e-bay item.
Looks like a drill bit and ez-out....
Haha he probably was. He said he was going everywhere to find out. What shop, just wondering?
Old 09-07-2010, 11:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by l2aymond_23
Haha he probably was. He said he was going everywhere to find out. What shop, just wondering?
Loma Linda, CA Honda dealership.....

Last edited by Steve@Spreen; 09-07-2010 at 11:48 AM.