Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

from this video, which motor mounts seem to be bad?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default from this video, which motor mounts seem to be bad?

car is a 2003 accord coupe LX V6 with 174,000 miles and it has some bad motor mounts, visually i only see one thats torn up and sticking out where i could grab the rubber, (i think the rear one), the others are hard to see since they are behind those metal shield things.
i recorded a video of the engine bay while pressing the brake pedal down as i revved it to 2000 rpm in drive, then i did the same in reverse, and it shows the engine jumping up pretty high in the front and drops back down hard, as if its almost detached in the front, lifting up an angle, but the back does'nt move up.

going by this video, can i be able to determine which of my motor mounts are bad and need to be replaced ?
or would i need to inspect them more closely to really tell for sure ? thanks
Old 05-17-2018, 02:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: from this video, which motor mounts seem to be bad?

From the video it looks like the rear mount is the worst. Depending on how bad it is, I would honestly replace all of them seeing that if the rear is torn to bits, it would put that much strain on the rest of them.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-17-2018, 03:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: from this video, which motor mounts seem to be bad?

thanks for your opinion, but since the motor is lifting up the most and the highest at the front part of it, i was thinking that would mean the front mount was the worst ?, cause its able to go up that far at the front, when the front mount would usually be doing its job holding the front of the motor down ?, but i'm new to motor mounts, its weird, this is the first time i ever had motor mounts needing replacing on any of the cars i've owned since my first, i have had 3 different crx's since 1991 and none of those ever had any mount problems or even vibration or anything?, but once i got the v6 accord, i was driving it the same way as when i drove the crx, and punched the gas and kind of drove it hard and stuff, but thats part of why the mounts are so bad now, cause my friend whos a mechanic told me the accord v6 has more torque and horsepower than a 4cylinder motor in the crx, and that torque pulls harder on the engine mounts if your driving aggressive, plus the accord motor weighs alot more too, which also pulls harder on the mounts as its being driven hard, and now the mounts are obliterated (did i spell that right?)

i won't drive that way after putting the new mounts, and i will be more gentle with it since i know what happened last time.

my friend whos a mobile mechanic looked at it and said i really need all 3 mounts replaced, and i have already ordered them, and recieved them already, but i now need to get them installed as soon as possible, and i need to ask him when he can do it, hopefully he can either tomorrow, friday or over the weekend, cause its making worse noises and pops and stuff more recently as i drive, and i am sick of easing it slowly from each stop.