Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Tein S Tech front / Tein H Tech rear (Possible?)

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 Tein S Tech front / Tein H Tech rear (Possible?)

2006 Honda Accord V6 Sedan AT

Has this ever been done? I'm trying to find a way to have an even fender gap all the way around. I prefer to have an even fender gap, which makes it look like the car has a slight rake because of the body lines. Both seem to have less of a fender gap in the rear.

One concern is that I think the H & S Techs have different spring rates. I'm afraid of any negative effects if any that would have.

Ideally I'm looking for a 2" front drop, and around a 1" rear drop. Coilovers are out of the question for me.

I did once see how someone put the S-Techs on the front, with stock coil in the rear. The weight of his sub box helped lower the rear. But again, wouldn't that be conflicting spring rates between the front and rear?

Another possibility is to get the H-Techs, and cut some of the front coil, but I know that is very frowned upon and would get mixed responses about that.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Tein S Tech front / Tein H Tech rear (Possible?)

1. I'm not against cutting springs, if it's done right and for the right reasons. There is a BMW write up about cutting springs and some of the myths. I'm too lazy to search for it. Cliff: Not as bad as many think (if you are doing it right).

2. I think adjustable coils is really what you are looking for. Yes, cost more, but I think you'll be happier with that in the long run.

3. S Tech and H Tech have different spring rates, and not just different ride height. I would be afraid that the different front and rear rates can cause stability and safety issues.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoLowDrew
1. I'm not against cutting springs, if it's done right and for the right reasons. There is a BMW write up about cutting springs and some of the myths. I'm too lazy to search for it. Cliff: Not as bad as many think (if you are doing it right).
What would be the proper way to cut springs? I know you're supposed to use a cut off wheel, not a torch or any other method that would use heat.

I'm ending up getting some H-Tech Springs. Just curious how this would work.

On another note, would getting H-Techs for a 4 cyliner, and putting them in my 6 cylinder give me more of a drop?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just realized that H-Techs for a 4 cylinder would have a different spring rate.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...ht=Cut+Springs