Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Power Lock Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 Power Lock Problem?

The car is a 06 Honda Accord Coupe. The problem is that the power locks do not work. I pulled the fuses and those were fine. The power lock switches also do not respond to anything, but you can hear a clicking noise. The remoteless key entry does not respond to unlocking and locking of the door either, however I know the battery works because I've used the panic button before.

What I've read is the door actuator needs to be replaced, but how can both door actuators go out simultaneously? Suggestions on the next move?
Old 11-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Power Lock Problem?

Have you tried your locks in all modes. Did you try
locking the doors with the passenger side switch?
Use the key in the driver's key cylinder to lock/unlock the door/doors?
Manually push the lockknob down/up?
All of these must be performed without a key in the ignition switch and all doors closed.
Post back.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I tried all those things. I still get a clicking noise when pushing the locks.

Could both actuators actually have gone out?
Old 01-16-2010, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes I have seen multiple actuator failures before. Even all 4 in 4 doors. I have replaced many 03-07 actuators. The only good thing about newer honda actuator failure is the parts are cheap. Older actuators are much more expensive. Check em out here #s 3 and 19 http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...-+OUTER+HANDLE
Old 01-17-2010, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So you would say its the actuators? There's nothing else I can personally think of either. The fuse hasn't gone out, theres a clicking noise, lock switches on the inside and on the keyless entry dont get the locks to function, etc.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:13 AM
New User

Originally Posted by super_mut
So you would say its the actuators? There's nothing else I can personally think of either. The fuse hasn't gone out, theres a clicking noise, lock switches on the inside and on the keyless entry dont get the locks to function, etc.
Hey Super, how did you make out? I'm in the same boat... sort of. All 3 passenger doors on my 2003 Accord won't unlock with the handle switches nor the remote. They lock just fine, but won't unlock. The drivers side locks AND unlocks just fine. I get the light flashing and horn beep with the remote just fine. I too, have been scratching my head wondering why all 3 went out and have been reluctant to spring for 3 actuators, thinking it must be something else, but... Any one else out there have input?
Old 02-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If the MICU does not see that all doors are closed it will not lock or unlock the doors. Turn the ceiling light to the door position. Open each door one at a time and see if the light comes on! If all check ok then turn the key on and open all doors and trunk. If your display on the guage cluster does not show all doors are open when they really are then you have a faulty door switch or trunk switch. Close them all and check to see if the light goes off for each one. Sounds like something more then a door lock actuator.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Haha, well i went back and asked my girlfriend what the problem was AGAIN. She forgot to leave out the details that the right side went out first, then the driver side started getting weaker and weaker when it came to locking and unlocking.

Door actuator BAM.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:09 AM
New User

Ahh, details, details...lol. Well, I finally got around a week ago to troubleshooting why all three passenger doors wouldn't unlock. Was waiting for my Service Manual on CD to come from ebay. Started with the front passenger door. It was a breeze to get into the panel with the drawings and schematics in hand. Rigged an old cigarette lighter plug to send 12v to actuator. Seemed to be working fine so I thought @#^#%!, it has to be MICU. Put it back together and lo and behold ALL doors are working fine now! Hmmm! Must have been a connection, all though they all seemed quite secure and clean. Only time will tell. Good luck!