Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Need interior disassembly help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need interior disassembly help!

Hello folks! 1st poster here! Bought an '03 Accord EX-L coupe for my daughter
last week and have been tinkering and sorting out the very few issues I've found thusfar. All has gone well until today when I'm trying to figure out why the door on the center pocket in the dash won't stay closed. I thought I'd just pop it out and tweak the catch or whatever 'aint workin' like it ought to. However, I cannot get the @&$%* out! Found a parts drawing online that shows screws in the small holder/power port and screws in the pocket assy itself but can't figure out how to get at 'em! Any insight as to how to get this bugger apart will be surely appreciated!
Thanks,
Dark
Old 02-21-2008, 05:23 AM

Default Re: Need interior disassembly help! (ZRXDark)

Hmmmm! Kind of a quiet bunch here! I know I'm a "Noob" here, but I thought this task would get a reply in minutes! If I'd posted this on the ZRX board, I might not have gotten the response I wanted, but I'd have been given some direction right or wrong! Don't tell me nobody here has torn their dash apart...correctly! Should I perhaps need to post this request in the audio forum since those guys dismantle dashes regularly? Hep me guys!
Later,
Dark
Old 02-21-2008, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Need interior disassembly help! (ZRXDark)

Mine has the fake ashtray, plastic, with the warning label 'not an ashtray'. If you have a real ashtray maybe it's put together different??

The dish(?) of that fake ashtray snaps out, revealing the screws. It's a pain because there's nothing to grab inside that pocket to pull on.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Need interior disassembly help! (JimBlake)

Aha! Thanks Jim! I peeled the rubber liner out, but the tray itself was reluctant to turn loose and I didn't want to break anything. I'll give that a try when I get home tonight! Thanks again!
Dark