Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Need Help Please!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Please!!

I have an 03 Accord Coupe EX-L and I've been having some strange problems with the 6 disc CD changer. At first, it would just spit out CDs and refused to play them. It was mostly CD-Rs, but now it won't even play real CDs that I buy from the store. Now, it won't play anything and I've just been listening to the radio. A little less than a year ago, I brought my car to the dealership to have the light on the dashboard fixed, but I doubt that has anything to do with it. Does anyone have an idea on what the problem is?
Old 05-20-2008, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Need Help Please!! (xaypraseuth8)

It is fairly common for these to die from what I've learned. Does it accept and eject them fine? If so it could just be a dirty lens. Hopefully it's something easy like that. Since the problem has slowly gotten worse, it kinds sounds like that may be it. When they break, the tend to die all at once, not slowly over time.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:21 PM

UHH OOO!!!

This is where the problem starts. I had to have my CD Player replaced for this problem. The 6 disk changer in the 2003/2004 are bad! I luckilly just bought my car a day earlier used (but with 76K) and told them it was unacceptable for this to happen to the car I just bought, and am paying $15,000 for. The fixed the problem as good will. This was in Aug 2006.

I have the 2003 EX-V6, but a fridn that has the EX-L replaced the unit twice (under warranty) in the 2 1/2 years she owned the car. Then another friend with a 2003 EX-V6 (Nav) replaced it 3 times. It is a know problem, just google it. In 2006 I found 26 pages with 25 posts per page of people complaining about their radio. Are the CD's coming out buring hot? Also is it saying "ERR"? Or ejecting the disk in the middle of a song? Unfortunately the unit gets too hot, and spits out the disk, and eventually (within a week for me) the lights go out on the unit. It sucks not being able to not only see the radio station, but also Time, auto temp, and anything else that's listed there. The info is still there, but since the unit is back lit it is really hard to see (white background, with dark gray lettering, or in the broken case = gray backround, and darker gray writing).

Since I've had it replaced, there have been no other problems. I asked why there was not a recall, since in my small group of friends that have a 2003 Accord EX-L or higher 3 out of 4 of them had this problem. The service person said there is an unofficial recall, becasue they can only recall if it is directly related to saftey features (air bags, seat belts, head lights, etc). He said that they've seen so many broken units, they just call Honda of America and they send a new radio no questions asked. Sorry for the long message, although, I hope this helps.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Need Help Please!! (joshwairi)

The CDs come back out as soon as I put them in, saying "disc"...I've only had the error message twice, but they weren't hot at all when it came back out. Is it too late to bring my car in? I currently have about 75K on it and I bought it in August 2006. The only solution I came up with was buying a radio transmitter for my iPod lol.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:43 PM

Since you are out of warranty, A new one from Honda will be super expensive. You could try a cd repair shop
Old 06-11-2008, 10:54 AM

Hi

A question...does this site work? I have an 03 Accord Coupe 4 banger and I am looking for some help. If this is not the right place please let me know
Old 06-11-2008, 12:32 PM

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS....
Old 06-13-2008, 07:41 PM

I know I bought my car in June 06 and it had 76K, so I brought it back Aug 06 with eithty something, and just bitched and moaned, that I'll bepaying for this car for a long time, that is unacceptable, honda's are supposed to last. etc and they did it free of charge. Labor and parts