Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Just bought a new 2015 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 11:58 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a new 2015 Accord

Hey guys,

I am new here. After owning a few crx's in my time and then going and testing the waters with a Mitsubishi Lancer and Mazda 3, I just purchased a 2015 Honda Accord Sport 6 speed and am absolutely loving it!

The car is an absolute pleasure to drive (despite having the smaller 4 cylinder engine with 189hp), it looks beautiful inside and out and I actually look forward to having somewhere to drive every day. I am looking out for accessories and things I can do to customize it a bit but being a new model I am not having much luck.

The dealer told me a 6 speed sport is kind of a rare thing for them to get, at least down here in Florida, is this true?

Also pictures to come very soon Hope to have more talks with everyone around here.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just bought a new 2015 Accord

im looking to purchase one myself in the coming month or two. to put it into perspective, i live in fresno ca and the two local dealers as well as two more that are bout an hour away dont have sports in manual. despite having almost a million accords out on the lot, none of them manual. so id say they are rare around here as well. if you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for your accord?
Old 10-10-2014, 06:23 AM
Trial User

Hey JRizE,

yea the seller said he's been selling honda for 17 years and never seen one of these at any of his lots, didnt even know it existed. I originally fell in love with the 15 Civic Si until I took it for a test drive. Now that I am about to hit my 30s the smooth drive of the accord only lacking 15 horse power from the Si while the Si really jerked a lot between gears made the choice much easier for me. I wish the Accord Sport had some of the nice features that the Si has technology wise, but alas I am still having a great time driving, nearly 1k miles this week already lol.

Regarding the price, the base price was 23.5k with some additions since this was a dealer trade the other dealer added mud guards and there was something else they added, I will need to pull up the invoice. But the price I paid was right around 25k

I had to laugh, both my salesman and another sales lady argued with me that the sport that I was buying has a CVT transmission in it, now I know a little bit about cars, im no genius on them (I am a software engineer, not a mechanic) but I told them they were crazy. They were very adamant that Honda would not make a special transmission just for a manual car. That statement alone cracked me up a bit. The thing that makes a manual different is the transmission, I just smiled and went on my way after the sale lady searched all over my car for the CVT sticker that didnt exist.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:00 AM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Sport with CVT is common. Sport with 6 spd is "rare." Review of the 6spd manual. Did you find it short or spaced out for better MPG?

Not that I look at the inventory of my 2 dealership daily, but they never stock 6spd manuals. I would have to drive to the next city 200+ miles away. And at most they would carry one or two Sport 6spd.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:33 AM
Trial User

I find the first 3 gears to be fairly short allowing for decent acceleration where as 4 5 and 6 are decently spaced out. In 5th gear at 60mph it does about 3500 rpm at 60mph in 6th gear its just under 2k rpm. The mpg is decent, I am averaging about 32 with econ, and 30 without econ, still breaking her in. Way better gas mileage of course than the other models with V6 but still a lot of fun to drive. (I will double check on these estimated rpm's this evening on our trip)

I do know the Sport with a CVT is fairly easy to find. I was just unsure of how "rare" the 6 speed was. I know that its the first I have seen, not that I have looked. Whats funny is it was a dealer trade they had sitting in the back lot, we literally spent 10 - 15 minutes driving around the lots on a golf cart looking for the car as no one had a clue it was there.

The car really does look and feel luxurious. To me this feels like a much more expensive car as far as the look and drive. One downside is the limited features and colors available. It would have almost been better to make the sport an add-on package/trim rather than its own package. Things such as lane watch (which I don't care for but would be nice to have the option) as well as several other upgrades are not available in the Sport in any way shape or form.

With or without those features, I finally look forward to driving, my fiance is ecstatic as she can't drive a manual, but I am always offering to drive so she gets to sit back and relax. (we work together about an hour from our house, so she loves taking a nap on the ride to and from work)

I love having something slightly different than the norm, and the fact that this car isnt something I see every day driving down the road makes me proud to be the owner.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:38 AM
Trial User

I do have a question for anyone that might know. There is a small red light above me where overhead interior front lights and bluetooth microphone are, any clue what this light indicates?
Old 10-10-2014, 10:12 AM
Old Member

That tiny light above, and Honda has used different colors on different cars, is the ambient light. It adds just enough "lighting" for you to see the center console. My 2014 Odyssey is blue.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:17 AM
Old Member

If you haven't noticed, and maybe I should not point it out. The only thing "inferior" is the standard audio on the Sport model. Many consider it substandard or I should say expected more. Perhaps similar to the EX system 160W at minimum.

I think most Sport owners would still be happy with the car if it cost $200 more.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jgdovin
Hey JRizE,

yea the seller said he's been selling honda for 17 years and never seen one of these at any of his lots, didnt even know it existed. I originally fell in love with the 15 Civic Si until I took it for a test drive. Now that I am about to hit my 30s the smooth drive of the accord only lacking 15 horse power from the Si while the Si really jerked a lot between gears made the choice much easier for me. I wish the Accord Sport had some of the nice features that the Si has technology wise, but alas I am still having a great time driving, nearly 1k miles this week already lol.

Regarding the price, the base price was 23.5k with some additions since this was a dealer trade the other dealer added mud guards and there was something else they added, I will need to pull up the invoice. But the price I paid was right around 25k
funny, i was originally looking at the 14/15 si as well. i wanted an si coupe so i could have a little fun while driving. but then i started to realize that that wouldnt be practical at all. i have a 6 year old and id get tired of letting him in and out of that back seat real fast. ill be going through costco auto and i got quoted 21,5xx for a 15 ex 6spd. i said wow. but that included a $1500 dealer incentive. so hopefully ill be able to score a better price for a sport closer towards the end of the year. or id get an ex if i can get a price similar to that quote. i really cant stand the media control layout on the sport, it looks like a damn fisher price toy control panel. really wish the sport was available with the audio touch screen option. and my wifes push button start and smart entry on her altima has me spoiled. so the EX and up has push button start/smart entry but touch screen audio is only on EX-L, but EX-L isnt available in 6spd? HONDA WAT.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:27 AM
Trial User

The push button start and smart entry are super nice and two of the features I wish Honda would have added to the sport. Regarding the stereo, my fiance says my stereo sounds great, I find it quite lacking compared to my 2010 Mazda 3 that I just got rid of. The sound system is fairly flat, and I was thinking I was crazy since she kept telling me it was great, but even with the bass all the way up, there just isnt much to it.

Now mind you, I listen to country, so I am not looking for bass that shakes my car, but there is no depth to the sound honestly. I am tempted to upgrade the sound system, just always worried to with any honda after like 2006 because of all the things that can go wrong when switching out audio equipment.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:04 PM
Old Member

Originally Posted by jgdovin
I am tempted to upgrade the sound system, just always worried to with any honda after like 2006 because of all the things that can go wrong when switching out audio equipment.

And this is one of them. From what I read, can't recall the thread, the first step in audio upgrade is the speakers in most cases as one would advise.

Owners have said that it sounds worst with aftermarket speakers (only). There is something (don't recall) about the OEM unit that makes it worst. The only option would be to gut the whole thing with HU, amp, speakers, sub, etc.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I love my '14 ... like you said, it's one of those cars I actually like driving. The CVT is actually not bad, especially with all the mountains around me. I love being able to go up hills and not feel it shift, the infinite number of gears thing, etc. LOVE it.