Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Honda Crosstour-opinions

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Crosstour-opinions

Thinking of getting a crosstour, discuss pros/cons that you personally have noticed and any pics you would like to share.
thanks
Old 09-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Honda Crosstour-opinions

Well, I don't know if you picked through the many other threads, but here are some with opinions (some more useful than others). Quite a few of them, I'm surprised you created a new thread just for this. Regardless, to answer your question...

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...ight=crosstour

I personally think it looks alright, people seem to like how they drive. If I were looking for a car that was similar, this would be off my radar because of the automatic. I love having a manual too much, but obviously not everyone will care about that as much as I do.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for posting those, i should have searched, but those are old and i was kind of hoping now that they have been out, more people would comment on how it drives, feels, etc. lots were commenting on the looks and they dont bother me. also, automatic would be best for a dd.

has anyone tested the 4wd? hows ground clearance in deep snow? do you get the estimated 21 mpg? anything other comments on this car are much appreciated
Old 09-08-2010, 05:28 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Well. For one thing, you're not going to be able to buy one now until 21st September because of a recall and stop sale order.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-crosstour-2003-2012-118/crosstour-recall-2832798/

Generally speaking, however, I think the Crosstour is about what you would expect out of a vehicle that is basically an all wheel drive, automatic Accord station wagon with super-EX trim.

:-)

In other words, not bad at all.

It's not for me, because I like a slightly different feature set (my daily driver is a TL SH-AWD 6-6), and I like to do my own shifting. But if I were in the market for something in that price range, I would definitely consider it!
Old 09-08-2010, 05:34 AM
H-T Order of Merit

http://automobiles.honda.com/accord-...px?Feature=4wd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuBz4evnfZc

I'm only putting the video there because people are always asking about the lines in the rear camera and the distances. :-)
Old 09-08-2010, 05:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

as far as crossovers go, this would be one of your top choices then GK? as far as prices go, this seems to be a winner but over-all?
Old 09-08-2010, 06:36 AM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Does the dimples on the middle of the car bother you?

Not a strong fan, but the dimple design is a deal breaker for me if I was to consider such a car.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

not bother me as much as wonder why... lol
Old 09-08-2010, 06:52 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Originally Posted by Teg LS
as far as crossovers go, this would be one of your top choices then GK? as far as prices go, this seems to be a winner but over-all?
I'd be totally at home and comfortable in an Accord Crosstour. I'd be able to rely on it, know that it would last a long time and be generally reliable and sturdy, and I'd always know what to expect out of it.

But...you said, "winner over all."

To be honest, left to my own devices, I would ante up the extra money for an Acura MDX. :-)

Since you asked.

But I'd be perfectly at home in a Crosstour and I would like the Crosstour more than the RDX, Pilot and CR-V.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:53 AM
H-T Order of Merit

not bother me as much as wonder why... lol
Recently, Honda and Acura have given proved stylists a free rein unless something they've done somehow operationally impedes a vehicle.

So...dimples? Nobody was around to say not to do it. :-)
Old 09-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by George Knighton
I'd be totally at home and comfortable in an Accord Crosstour. I'd be able to rely on it, know that it would last a long time and be generally reliable and sturdy, and I'd always know what to expect out of it.

But...you said, "winner over all."

To be honest, left to my own devices, I would ante up the extra money for an Acura MDX. :-)

But I'd be perfectly at home in a Crosstour and I would like the Crosstour more than the RDX, Pilot and CR-V.
Yeah, if your concerns focused more on wanting more luxury for the money, the MDX (if the styling is your thing) would be a good way to go.

I definitely agree on liking the Crosstour more than the Honda SUV's and the RDX. I absolutely hate the styling of those cars. Obviously styling isn't everything, but it's sad when a car automatically turns you off before you've even seen it's features.

Anyway, if I were searching this category, my eyes would be on the Subaru Outback. Say what you want, but to me the styling is pretty good and it has quite a few more options to play with. Of course if you really want a Honda, this is out of the question.

As for the dimples, I guess they figured that would make it more "off-road" or aggressive looking. What do you guys think? Does it make you want to take one of these through a rock field/mud hole? Haha
Old 09-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was looking for more ground clearance than the outback and more of a luxury kind of crossover. But i do like the RDX (the old styling) and the MDX is a little bigger than I want. but good info, especially about the recall, i had not heard about that
Old 09-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was looking for more ground clearance than the outback and more of a luxury kind of crossover. But i do like the RDX (the old styling) and the MDX is a little bigger than I want. but good info, especially about the recall, i had not heard about that
I was under the impression the Outback has more ground clearance (around 8 inches) than the Crosstour (around 6 I thought), and quite a few other crossovers. It certainly looks that way when you look at one, those things really sit up high for what is basically a wagon!

Regardless though, I would agree that the Outback probably doesn't quite measure up in quality and/or features compared to the Acura offerings and probably the Crosstour as well. They have nice features, though I think they are more function > form (which is fine with me personally).
Old 09-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bought a 4WD CT and very happy with it. Getting 21.? MPG combined at present after ~1500 miles. I can post some pics this weekend.

Haven't been in snow yet but will be this winter for sure. I'm one who has no qualms about driving in the snow. Provided I am not plowing it, I can get around reasonably well in most 2wd vehicles. The main challenge for me is typically getting on to or off of larger roads. I'm hoping the combination of 4wd and more clearance will be a good thing.

I looked at all kinds of other vehicles: Acura, Nissan, Subaru, Toyota, etc. For the price and my needs (6'2" frame, 2 teenage kids and a mountain biking sickness that keeps getting worse ), the CT is just right.

Last edited by edubfromktown; 09-15-2010 at 03:57 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:51 AM
My Name is Nobody

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

congratulations, nice car!

At 6'2" do you have a hard time getting in and out without hitting your head on the A pillar?

I had trouble at 5'10"
Old 09-15-2010, 03:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks.

Interesting... I don't pay attention at all getting in and out - never have bumped the A pillar. I felt like I had to do the limbo to get in many of the other vehicles I tested.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I test drove one of these when they first came out back a when i worked for honda parts center. If i was gonna get something like this i'd rather just get the accord, this car just seems to bulky and the auto tranny on it leaves me wanting more. Feels like a soccer mom car to me.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wish it came in a manual transmission version as well. Still, it is surprisingly peppy and handles better than I expected (a lot better than SUVs).

I like having the different arrangement of interior space, particularly for a 21" frame mountain bike

Old 09-16-2010, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by edubfromktown
I wish it came in a manual transmission version as well. Still, it is surprisingly peppy and handles better than I expected (a lot better than SUVs).
what about compared to other crossovers? did you try the peppy-ness on others you test drove?
I just saw the new toyota venza and that looked pretty nice too

yay or nay ht?
Old 09-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have driven about 10 different CTs and I love it. At 6'1" I have no problems in and out. I am waiting on 6/6 but doubt it is coming. THe dimpled rockers are fitting for the offroad action. Since I don't need a CT I would buy a K5 Accord for mileage and feel. My CT customers love them all and have reported sticker or better MPGs. As far as the VEnza goes I have one customer that reported the usual Yota vs Honda complaints-- Yota has sloppy road feel compared to Honda. Comparing the CT to any Honda/Acura suv is like apples to oranges.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by KWayRacing
As far as the VEnza goes I have one customer that reported the usual Yota vs Honda complaints-- Yota has sloppy road feel compared to Honda. Comparing the CT to any Honda/Acura suv is like apples to oranges.
I agree 100%-

The Venza felt sloppy when I kicked the tires, interior wasn't nearly as nice and in general it felt more like a wagon or minivan compromise. The CT doesn't feel that way to me.

I didn't really find anything that compared to the CT. It is a mutant that works for me eheheh.