Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Help - Alarm Problem 07 plate (2006 build?) Accord Tourer - Exec

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 06:21 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - Alarm Problem 07 plate (2006 build?) Accord Tourer - Exec

Hi,

Been having problems with my alarm randomly going off. System arms ok but then will go off, sometimes hours later (rather disturbing for my neighbours this morning at 3am).

Have disconnected the battery, but a bit of a chew given that use the car every day for about 40 miles total (work and back).

Checked battery connections and all fine (originally the positive was a touch slack after changing to a new battery in the Summer). (Guess this means I may be in for another new battery then as well? Is a Bosch S4).

Going to change the remote battery tonight, to see if it makes a difference as the red light does seem a little dim, but will still work the doors, etc.

Anyone had the same problem and can help, much appreciated?

Thanks
Old 11-16-2011, 02:06 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help - Alarm Problem 07 plate (2006 build?) Accord Tourer - Exec

Originally Posted by 1909ivanT
Hi,

Been having problems with my alarm randomly going off. System arms ok but then will go off, sometimes hours later (rather disturbing for my neighbours this morning at 3am).

Have disconnected the battery, but a bit of a chew given that use the car every day for about 40 miles total (work and back).

Checked battery connections and all fine (originally the positive was a touch slack after changing to a new battery in the Summer). (Guess this means I may be in for another new battery then as well? Is a Bosch S4).

Going to change the remote battery tonight, to see if it makes a difference as the red light does seem a little dim, but will still work the doors, etc.

Anyone had the same problem and can help, much appreciated?

Thanks

Embarrassingly it appears that it was the passenger door sensor. Noticed the door light (on the corner of the door) flashing on way home last night, checked it and it was soaked; cleaned it up and seems fine now. replaced batteries anyway though in remote.

Posted to aid someone else with similar issues.