Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

A few Problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 04:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post A few Problems!!!

I have been having a few issues with my 2004 Honda Accord EX SedanV6 3.0.
Firstly, it seems as if im eating gas constantly. Down here in the Bahamas, gas is $5.50/g. Lets say for example, my fuel indicator comes on idicating i need to purchase some gas. When i arrive at the gas station i get $20 worth of gas, and by the next day, my light is on again. Nassau is only 21 miles long, and 7 miles wide, and my daily commmute, take's me from the west end to the east of the island to the Atlantis hotel, and back home. I have recently installed a cold air intake, would this be a starting point?

Secondly, my power steering pump is making a "whirring" noise. Does it contain a bearing in it like the pulleys do, that i can have sanded down, or refurbished? Keep in mind i am not using the approved honda power steering fluid as well. I know it isn't the seal because my power steering fluid reservoir is not bubbling. Any other ideas where i can look?

Thirdly, since im not going to sell my car, can anyone show me step by step instructions on how to remove my instrument panel cluster/bezel? I would to go in the back and remove the bulbs from my tcs/abs and other symbols that are currently on in my car.

Fourthly, recently a female driver in a jeep with the spare tire on the rear of her jeep stopped short in the front of me, and i received a kiss on my hood from her tire!!! I don't want to take it to a repair shop, to much money$$$$ But i have been reading up on the paintless dent removal system. Can anyone with knowledge point out to me, preferably on eBay, which tool i would need to remove the dent from the curviture of my hood? Keeping in mind that underneath the hood, i cannot access the spot where the actual dent is because of all the heatsheild and everything under there.

Hope to hear from someone soon!!!!

Regards,
Old 10-05-2011, 06:59 AM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: A few Problems!!!

Originally Posted by SIRCOOKS
I have been having a few issues with my 2004 Honda Accord EX SedanV6 3.0.
Firstly, it seems as if im eating gas constantly. Down here in the Bahamas, gas is $5.50/g. Lets say for example, my fuel indicator comes on idicating i need to purchase some gas. When i arrive at the gas station i get $20 worth of gas, and by the next day, my light is on again. Nassau is only 21 miles long, and 7 miles wide, and my daily commmute, take's me from the west end to the east of the island to the Atlantis hotel, and back home. I have recently installed a cold air intake, would this be a starting point?
I don't now what effect being low at sea level does to MPG. It may have some factor. How long did you own the car? How many miles do you drive a day? From the numbers, it's about right. If you get 20 MPG on the V6, and drive about 20 miles a day, then $20 @ $5.50 per gallon would only last about 4-5 days (a work week).
Old 10-05-2011, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats just the thing, i dont drive more then that a day, and i dont smell gas, or see anything leaking!!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 07:30 AM
He knows where you live!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think you probably should start by calculating what MPG you're actually getting and see how much gas you're putting in versus mileage driven. Reset your trip meter every time you fill up and fill the car all the way up to the top of the tank.

When you go to fill it up the next time, record the amount of fuel put in (gallons) and take a look at the trip meter. Divide the miles driven on the trip meter by the amount of gas you put in to get your MPG. Do that a couple times to get an average. You may be driving more than you think?

If you have other error lights on the car, I wouldn't be blaming the cold air intake for your problems, I would be blaming whatever is causing the issues. Have the vehicle scanned at a car place using an OBDII scanner and see what codes show up. Pulling the bulbs is not going to help you solve any problems.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I know pulling the plug wont solve the problem, however i want the bulbs out, so i dont see them anymore.......do you know where i can find instructions on how to do this?
Old 10-05-2011, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You should listen to MuffinMan and get the codes before you waste more time. If you can find a good independent mechanic near you, they could prob point you in the right direction as to getting your bulbs out.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:58 AM
He knows where you live!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SIRCOOKS
I know pulling the plug wont solve the problem, however i want the bulbs out, so i dont see them anymore.......do you know where i can find instructions on how to do this?
Ignorance is not bliss, despite the commonly used statement.

You honestly want to be driving around a car that has multiple (potentially dangerous) issues and not even know what the problems are?

I'm not even saying fix them at this point, but at least have the damn thing scanned so you know what's wrong.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there was a service bulletin about the p.s. whinning but think it was only for newer odysseys, I could be wrong been awhile since I worked at the dealer ill see what I can dig up
Old 10-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This is probably your power steering noise solution.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

SIRCOOKS Is it possible that someone is siphoning gasoline from your car? If you are driving 40 miles per day you should be buying no more than 2 gallons of fuel per day. If that's not it then you should get the codes pulled. In the US, auto parts stores will do this for free, hoping to sell whatever parts are needed.

If you can tell us the codes stored in your engine computer we may be able to suggest ways to improve your milage.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that would be the service bulletin I was talking about thank you BLKFLSH