Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

Another AC issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 08:05 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another AC issue

I have an 05 Accord EXL V6 auto sedan with dual mode controls. The car only has 54k miles on it.

The AC was working great then it quit. Turned car off and restarted it. The AC was working fine again for about a week, then it quit again. All this in about a 2 week period.

I changed the fuses and relays. I cycled the vent modes and also turned all dials up to HI heat, let it cycle fully then back down to LO cold. It didn't fix anything.

Got in the car a few hours later and it was working blowing ice cold again. The next day it was still working when I drove it to work. Leaving wok it wasn't working anymore.

I tried the whole cycling of the heat and vents but nothing.

There are no visible leaks or film of any kind around any of the AC components.

Is there a "heat switch/relay" for lack of a better description that isn't in the normal places the fuses and relays are, that I may need to replace before looking into the whole compressor unit?

Ive read about the compressor coil and wonder if it may be that. I think Ive narrowed it down to three things, compressor, coil or if there is a heat/cold relay/door of some sort.

Thanks
Old 06-16-2015, 06:44 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Another AC issue

I had in in a local shop this morning and they advised the pressures equal out meaning the seals are bad in the compressor and it needs replacing. Im not up on ac so when he was talking about the low side rising and all that he lost me.

I can replace it myself but I still need to evac the lines, then recharge. All the extra steps seem time consuming and just adds to my time getting it repaired.

To replace the compressor, drier, flush and recharge is going to run $1100. pretty evenly split on costs, 540ish parts, 560ish labor. Sound reasonable?

Last edited by 05AccordV6; 06-16-2015 at 07:08 AM.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:07 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Another AC issue

Geez..... well my wife and daughter picked up the car and just got home we were going to get it fixed later this week after they got the parts in. My daughter heard air gushing out after she turned the car off. She popped the hood and both caps for the ac shrader valves were laying on the air cleaner set up and the valves were open and gushing. **** ME OFF!!!

If the car compressor works like a home unit the Freon lubricates it. Make me question now whether my compressor is bad.

I called them back and chewed some butt. they are recharging it to factory for free and very apologetic. He claimed they didn't know we were coming to get it so his guy was hurrying to get them the car.

I asked if they always send out vehicles with incomplete work. No response just apologizing repeatedly.

Man I hate it when things go wrong that I cant completely fix myself.....