Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

2010 Honda accord coupe v4..turbo question

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 10:13 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Honda accord coupe v4..turbo question

I have a 2010 honda accord coupe v4 and I was wondering if I could put a turbo kit on a stock engine. I've looked around for headers or intake manifolds and can't find for that year. Any tips or recommendations?
Old 06-09-2017, 10:42 PM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 2010 Honda accord coupe v4..turbo question

Either this is a troll post, or you have a LOT of learning to do. Here we go, line by line.

1 - Honda doesn't use a V4 in the Accord. They never have. You either have an I4, in which case you probably have a K24Z3, or you have a V6, in which case you have a J35Z2 or J35Z3.
2 - Of course you can put a turbo kit on a stock engine. How feasible and worthwhile it actually is depends on things like budget, goals, capabilities, knowledge, and the depth of your pocketbook.
3 - If you have an I4, then you only have one header, because you only have one exhaust bank.
4 - Regardless of if you have one or two headers, if you want boost, you don't need a header/headers, you need a turbo manifold/manifolds, turbo(s), and downpipe(s).
5 - Don't look for chassis-specific parts, look for engine-specific parts. That'll make your life much easier when looking for aftermarket parts.

If you really want to get into this FI thing, you need to put in a lot of research. If you don't, you'll probably make a common mistake, grenade an engine, throw a bunch of money down the toilet, get pissed off, and end up hating FI and Honda both, when there's no reason for you to. We don't like seeing that. There's a whole bunch of stuff I'm not even glancing over right now. Seriously, go to the FI section, and read the FAQ sticky. Absorb all of the information out there for you.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:55 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2010 Honda accord coupe v4..turbo question

Originally Posted by NotARaCist
Either this is a troll post, or you have a LOT of learning to do. Here we go, line by line.

1 - Honda doesn't use a V4 in the Accord. They never have. You either have an I4, in which case you probably have a K24Z3, or you have a V6, in which case you have a J35Z2 or J35Z3.
2 - Of course you can put a turbo kit on a stock engine. How feasible and worthwhile it actually is depends on things like budget, goals, capabilities, knowledge, and the depth of your pocketbook.
3 - If you have an I4, then you only have one header, because you only have one exhaust bank.
4 - Regardless of if you have one or two headers, if you want boost, you don't need a header/headers, you need a turbo manifold/manifolds, turbo(s), and downpipe(s).
5 - Don't look for chassis-specific parts, look for engine-specific parts. That'll make your life much easier when looking for aftermarket parts.

If you really want to get into this FI thing, you need to put in a lot of research. If you don't, you'll probably make a common mistake, grenade an engine, throw a bunch of money down the toilet, get pissed off, and end up hating FI and Honda both, when there's no reason for you to. We don't like seeing that. There's a whole bunch of stuff I'm not even glancing over right now. Seriously, go to the FI section, and read the FAQ sticky. Absorb all of the information out there for you.
thanks for the info. Really new to this. Just learning.