Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

2007 Accord Exec. ignition key warning

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Accord Exec. ignition key warning

i'd like to disable the ignition key warning beep when the ignition key is in the keyhole and the door is opened. is this possible? i've found a topic here which explains how to disable the beeper for 2000 Civic..https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/2011875
is this the same for the new Accord?

cheers

Modified by tomerzz at 3:03 PM 12/4/2007
Old 12-04-2007, 02:47 PM
It Wasn't Me!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 2007 Accord Exec. ignition key warning (tomerzz)

No they are not the same and if you don't have much skill I would suggest not trying to do it.

I've never understood why anyone would want to disable it anyway. Reason?
Old 12-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: 2007 Accord Exec. ignition key warning (someone else)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by someone else &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've never understood why anyone would want to disable it anyway. Reason?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Duh? Because the buzzing is very irritating. 99% of the time, if the door is open, I know it's open, and don't need the buzzer to tell me it's open. I will grab that thing with a vise-grip one day and choke the life out of it.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:12 PM

Default Re: 2007 Accord Exec. ignition key warning (BLKFLSH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BLKFLSH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Duh? Because the buzzing is very irritating. 99% of the time, if the door is open, I know it's open, and don't need the buzzer to tell me it's open. I will grab that thing with a vise-grip one day and choke the life out of it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly! top gear recently reviewed the new Civic Type R which has the exact same thing and didn't appriciate it as well. This isn't the end of it..it will be found & eliminated...
Old 12-05-2007, 10:28 AM
It Wasn't Me!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 2007 Accord Exec. ignition key warning (BLKFLSH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BLKFLSH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Duh? Because the buzzing is very irritating. 99% of the time, if the door is open, I know it's open, and don't need the buzzer to tell me it's open. I will grab that thing with a vise-grip one day and choke the life out of it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess I just don't leave my key in the ignition with the door open very much.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:21 PM
Trial User

Post Re: 2007 Accord Exec. ignition key warning

Thought I would reply to this old thread in case someone else is looking for a solution to this "problem". I have just silenced the "key in ignition while drivers door is open" beep on our 2010 Accord. It took a fair amount of time to research and play around with several options that have been suggested, but I have found a way to silence it in around 10 minutes. The only reservation I have is that I am not 100% sure that there are no unintended consequences of silencing the beeper in this way. i.e. does this circuit perform some other function as well? So, this is not a suggestion, just an account of what I did to stop the annoying beep which appears to serve no purpose other than to annoy the cr*p out of the driver and anyone else who is near the car. It is also easily reversible if you decide to sell the car, or if you miss listening to the beep... The procedure I followed is as follows;
1: Pull off the shroud under the steering wheel column - 3 philips head screws.
2: Unplug the green connector which is plugged into the ignition barrel holder. This plug has 6 wires coming out of it. We are interested in the pink wire on one end.
3: Unclip the "secondary lock" which holds all the wires in place. This is a flap on one side of the connector which can be unclipped with a small flat-blade screwdriver.
4: Using a straightened-out paper clip, or similar, push it into the larger of the 2 holes (from the face of the connector) which line up with the pink wire. This should flatten the small "primary lock".
5: Carefully remove the pink wire with the connector pin out of the back of the connector. You may need to cut away some of the insulation tape which is holding the wire into the loom to give it enough free play to come out.
6: Using the small flat-blade screwdriver lift the "primary lock" tongue on the pin back into position so it will lock again if the pin is ever re-inserted back into the connector.
7: Tape up the connector with the pink wire to ensure it can't touch anything. Bend the wire back and tape it to the wiring loom to stop it flapping around.
8: Clip the "secondary lock" back onto the connector to hold the remaining wires secure. Push the connector back onto the ignition barrel holder. Refit the lower shroud under the steering wheel column.
9: Insert the key into the ignition while the driver's door is still open.
10: Listen to the peace!!!!!