Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

2007 Accord, easy to steal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Accord, easy to steal?

Okay, now that my Civ 00 was stolen twice and this time not found (big post on the Civ side of the forum), I'm worried about the Accord.

It's an 07 Accord. The Ownerlink information states it has the following:
Immobilizer Theft-Deterrent System
I know it has some sort of alarm since there's a panic button.

As you see, I know nothing regarding this as I originally lived in a small town where nothing happens. Now, after a military transfer, I am in a crappy place where theft is prominante.

Any thoughts on how easy 07's are to steal and if there is much necessary for protection?
Old 01-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2007 Accord, easy to steal?

I know how you feel, my civic was stolen too. I wouldn't worry about theft on an 07 accord though. Seems thieves go for the older hondas.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by derekcentrico
Okay, now that my Civ 00 was stolen twice and this time not found (big post on the Civ side of the forum), I'm worried about the Accord.

It's an 07 Accord. The Ownerlink information states it has the following:
Immobilizer Theft-Deterrent System
I know it has some sort of alarm since there's a panic button.

As you see, I know nothing regarding this as I originally lived in a small town where nothing happens. Now, after a military transfer, I am in a crappy place where theft is prominante.

Any thoughts on how easy 07's are to steal and if there is much necessary for protection?
i wouldnt worry about the 07 accord getting stolen, unless you have it modifed.
yes, the accord comes w/ an immobilizer. which is a system that has a chip in the key remote that communicates w/ the car's computer in order to start the car.
however, you cant really prevent anyone from breaking into your car and stealing stuff from the inside. and if they really wanted your car, they'll tow it if they have to.
don't leave valueables in the car such as a portable gps unit.
sorry to hear about your civic, but those cars dont have immobilizer and are easy to steal and alot of parts are interchangeable
Old 01-18-2010, 03:34 AM
New User

i too know how u feel, i got my 96 civic stolen, recovered it but stipped to nothing. now i have a 07 accord too and i definitly dont worry about it getting stolen as much. i agree thieves do look for older hondas
Old 01-23-2010, 10:01 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

An '07 Accord is definitely "more difficult to steal" than an '00 Civic.

2000 was the last year in which the Civic didn't have an immobilizer. In addition, the door window and panel design of '96-00 Civics in particular made them easy to enter. On top of that, a modified '00 Civic is a theft magnet in general.

Nothing can stop them from breaking in, nor is it always possible to prevent theft by towing if they really want it bad enough, but the newer security features, better design, and less tuner desireability in general make the Accord less susceptible to theft by joyriders and small-time theives.

And a panic button != alarm. All '96+ Hondas with keyless entry have a panic button on the remote, security system or not.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

now that most cars have immobilizers, it's easier to get robbed carrying the key in a parking lot and then taking the car.
ask me how i know..
Old 02-10-2010, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How do you know? hahaha, I want to hear the story.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I was walking to my car one day and some guy just walked up behind me and start pounding me in the face.
I got knocked over and as i was getting back up to fight him, he grabbed my keys and jumped in my car.

watch your back in parking lots..
Old 02-16-2010, 04:31 PM

I had two guys try to pry open both my doors. I have a cheap aftermarket alarm. It beeped when they were yanking on the door. I went outside to catch the two red handed.....both in prison as we speak for multiple counts of vehicular theft......karma man
Old 02-20-2010, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay, a little lesson on car theft. all hondas keys have a major flaw. wide keys and a verry low offset on each side of the key, this allows for jigglers (bump keys), filed down keys, ect. to get into and start your vehicle. now, for cars with immobilizers, you have to swap out ecu and use a jumper harness to an older generation of ecu. you can not do this with accords as of yet. the only thing you can not protect against is a rollback (unless you have a garage)

**NOTE** if the drivers side lock is turned to the unlock position, it will deactivate the alarm. so if the thieves are successfull in using one of these bump keys, they can be in it some time and do some damage.

LOOK IN MY SIG

cause for alarm.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:01 PM
GDD Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by xero_xero
Okay, a little lesson on car theft. all hondas keys have a major flaw. wide keys and a verry low offset on each side of the key, this allows for jigglers (bump keys), filed down keys, ect. to get into and start your vehicle. now, for cars with immobilizers, you have to swap out ecu and use a jumper harness to an older generation of ecu. you can not do this with accords as of yet. the only thing you can not protect against is a rollback (unless you have a garage)

**NOTE** if the drivers side lock is turned to the unlock position, it will deactivate the alarm. so if the thieves are successfull in using one of these bump keys, they can be in it some time and do some damage.

LOOK IN MY SIG

cause for alarm.
Yup, what this guy said.

I can start/drive any locked 2000 or older Civic or 97 and older Accord in under 90 seconds without damaging anything, alarm/no alarm, makes no difference. Cars with immobilizer are easily started and driven as well, but they take a lot longer to get going and I have yet to get an 03+ Accord going. Usually when 03+ Accords or Acura comes in with no key, I break into the car without damaging anything and have a few guys help me push it into the shop.

You should be pretty safe with your 07.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vtecjb
I had two guys try to pry open both my doors. I have a cheap aftermarket alarm. It beeped when they were yanking on the door. I went outside to catch the two red handed.....both in prison as we speak for multiple counts of vehicular theft......karma man
Did these dudes just stand there while you were dialing 911?
Fkn idiots. I would've pictured them dippin.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by outersquare
I was walking to my car one day and some guy just walked up behind me and start pounding me in the face.
I got knocked over and as i was getting back up to fight him, he grabbed my keys and jumped in my car.

watch your back in parking lots..
this is why i have my keys attached to my belt, that and i carry a knife on me almost 24/7.