Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums > Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012)
Reload this Page >

06 Accord axle didn't have ring on it when pulled out of tranny and doesn't look lik

Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

06 Accord axle didn't have ring on it when pulled out of tranny and doesn't look lik

Old 01-17-2019, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default 06 Accord axle didn't have ring on it when pulled out of tranny and doesn't look lik

Ok feeling like a big dummy but have to ask this. Have an 06 accord 3.0 V6 auto trans. I'm replacing passenger's side axle well when I popped axle out of tranny didn't have the ring on it and looking at it doesn't look like it has a place for one. Anyone know what the deal is? I know I'm crazy but damn what's goin on here?
Old 01-17-2019, 07:06 AM
Global Moderator

Default Re: 06 Accord axle didn't have ring on it when pulled out of tranny and doesn't look

Honda no longer used the ABS tone ring (pulser) on the front axle like previous generation Hondas. Some axles won’t even have it. The magnetic encoder is incorporated into the wheel bearing. The ABS system uses sensors to pick up a signal from the magnetic encoder on the wheel bearing. Even if the axle has an ABS tone ring on it, it may not serve any functional purpose
Old 01-17-2019, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 06 Accord axle didn't have ring on it when pulled out of tranny and doesn't look

Ok thank you very much.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: