Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

'04 Accord alarm system malfunction.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 02:22 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '04 Accord alarm system malfunction.

Hello,

I have a '04 Accord 4 cyl. EX-L sedan with 122,000 miles which I service at regular intervals (per the manual) at a Honda dealership. Everything on the car is still stock. About a year ago (March '09) my alarm system suddenly and without warning went off for no reason. No one was trying to break into the car. It would go off sometimes in the daytime and sometimes at night, but mostly just after it had rained. Luckily for me, it was still under the 100,000 mile extended warranty that I had purchased when I bought the car new. The dealer replaced three items (one at a time because they could not replicate the problem - Murphy's Law) using the extended warranty:

1. Master lock switch code and/or assembly (not sure)
2. Drivers window lock switch assembly
3. Drivers side fuse box multiplex

One if not all of the items above solved the problem at that time. Last Friday (just after it had rained) the alarm went off again, I turned the alarm off and about 10 minutes later it went off again. I took it to the dealer (I'm now out of the extended warranty period) and they say it's most likely the "hood sensor", about $300.00 installed. But, they did not replace it because they again could not replicate the problem and they said it might be one of the three failed parts that was previously installed.

My questions,

1. How much is this hood sensor?
2. Can I install it myself?
3. Is it possible that the other three items they replaced could have failed again?
4. Could it be something else altogether?

Any other comments or suggestions would be most helpful.

Thank you in advance.

document.write('');

This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Honda-Tech!