Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

03 accord

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 12:28 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 accord

I was hoping to get some advice on my Honda Accord 2003 (currently at 191,000 miles). I just recently replaced my AC compressor, Ac condenser, and AC accumulator. I replaced my serpentine belt and took my power steering pump out and put it back just for the accessibility. I have everything put back together and my plan is to go to a local shop here in Hawaii and have them vacuum my system and recharge it.
However, since I've put everything back my power steering system has air in the lines. I've watched about a thousand videos on bleeding the power steering system and turning the wheel lock to lock with the front wheels off the ground while the vehicle is off then some say to do it with the vehicle cranked. I purchased the recommended Honda PS fluid and added to the fill line. I am continually seeing bubbles in my power steering reservoir when the vehicle is cranked. I realize that either
1. I have an PS line air leak, or
2. I have not successfully removed the air I introduced when I took it off.
In addition to this my cooling fans next to my radiator are not coming on. I did fill the radiator back up with the recommended coolant. I have tried some of the steps from your you tube video advising to hook up the fans directly to the battery and I was able to see both fans come on. I have also checked the fuse box for blown fuses to no avail. Researching on the internet I found that the Honda has a radiator fan sensor sender unit #1 next to the block and a #2 sensor at the radiator. I purchased the #2 sensor and hooked it up to the electrical connection and put a blow dryer to it to heat it up. This still didn't allow the fans to come on.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:26 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 03 accord

Update I replaced an O ring on the PS intake and fixed my air leak. I'm still trying to fix the fan issue.