Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

what should my first upgrade be??

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 01:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Mr_EmO)

Any suggestions in braking for a 99 accord 4cyl?
Old 04-24-2005, 04:53 PM
New User

Default Re: what should my first upgrade be?? (zumiez007)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 14aZnS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">take off your resinator for now till you get sum parts</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zumiez007 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
ya do that, cause cars that sound like they are just farting along are super cool. Also, who needs an ozone layer anyways? It's not like skin cancer is gonna kill you. </TD></TR></TABLE>

the resonator he was referring to is on the intake side of the engine, not the exhaust...and even if it was on the exhaust, it would not effect the ozone layer or the air you breathe, because a resonator and a catalytic converter are two very different things...

by removing the resonator chamber in your intake, you are making a shorter intake tract which allows the engine to breathe easier...it is also pulling air from outside of the engine bay, making the intake temps slightly cooler...
Old 04-24-2005, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: what should my first upgrade be?? (Nick H)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nick H &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

the resonator he was referring to is on the intake side of the engine, not the exhaust...and even if it was on the exhaust, it would not effect the ozone layer or the air you breathe, because a resonator and a catalytic converter are two very different things...

by removing the resonator chamber in your intake, you are making a shorter intake tract which allows the engine to breathe easier...it is also pulling air from outside of the engine bay, making the intake temps slightly cooler...</TD></TR></TABLE>
ive tried it and it works
Old 04-24-2005, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

first thing i did was take off the accord and EX embelm, then rims, suspension, CAI...
Old 04-24-2005, 11:01 PM

Default Re: what should my first upgrade be?? (fxyroxy382)

Rims are a must.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: what should my first upgrade be??

be careful w/the rims..i put 18's on my accord and it dropped my mpg by about 2. save your flow and buy lightweight wheels..itll save in the long run.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:02 PM
goowakjai

Default Re: what should my first upgrade be?? (mac_24_seven)

alryte, forget wut everyone said, down right truth is...the first step to high performance is TIRES! u will not believe how much of a difference a good set of high perforamnce tires will do for ur car...and of course, ur goin to get rims, so plan ur rim and tire out n look around for a good deal...but honest to ******* god, do not skimp on tires, its worth the extra 50 bucks to get the better tires...and try to stay as lyte as possible with ur rims...and from wut i see, it just seems like u wunna look like sumthing out of fast n furious, so i guess u can do wutever u wunt and go cheap on everything...i dunno, after seeing ur picture i just loss interest
Old 04-25-2005, 11:04 PM
goowakjai

Default Re: what should my first upgrade be?? (goowakjai)

o yea, and before any hetaers starts bitching about how tires arent that big of a diference...if u ever tooken ur car to its limits with stock tires, then slap sum HP tire of and test its limits then, its a big diference, and im not talking bout stand still starts just incase all u do is drag, cuz everyone knows, real men do it in the corners
Old 04-26-2005, 02:37 AM

Tires aren't most important, but they are darn important...I got a set of Nitto Geo tires, they're great and grip the road very well, I've been in the rain a couple times with them too, wow they have some incredible traction even when it's wet out! I do beleive even the nitto 555's are even better. Choose wisely and research everyone
Old 04-26-2005, 04:42 AM

hello attention *****; welcome to honda-tech!

depending upon your budget and goals your choices are as follows:

wheels & tires
coilovers/coilover sleeves/springs and/or shocks
exhaust
header(s) (v6?)
intake

one of those should start you off on the right track. thank you for stopping by! next time, id highly advise against mentioning "bf" and "im all alone" in your next thread asking for technical information or advise. so... being the leghumper that i am, lets see some pics.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:38 AM

Alright roxy I can give you a lil help with some of these questions you have. Where to look, what to get first, brands and stuff like that. Some guys try to help but some want to be funny. Hit me up and ill be happy to let you know something.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:13 PM

If cheap rim n good tire combo is what ur looking for, try tirerack.com and i would definitely spend more for the better rubber cause dat's what keeps u on da road... but wtv, ur a chick, i highly doubt ur gonna use much of da sticky rubber anyway, especially with a kid in da backseat. In fact, if i'd have a kid, i'd have my priorities straight on where 2 spend my extra cash... like a college fund maybe
Old 04-28-2005, 09:05 PM
goowakjai

Default Re: what should my first upgrade be?? ("Hites")

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by "Hites" &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hello attention *****; welcome to honda-tech!

depending upon your budget and goals your choices are as follows:

wheels & tires
coilovers/coilover sleeves/springs and/or shocks
exhaust
header(s) (v6?)
intake

one of those should start you off on the right track. thank you for stopping by! next time, id highly advise against mentioning "bf" and "im all alone" in your next thread asking for technical information or advise. so... being the leghumper that i am, lets see some pics. </TD></TR></TABLE>

chill dude, shes ugly...
Old 04-28-2005, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

intake was my first mod. then suspension
Old 04-29-2005, 04:14 AM

thanks.. i am ugly
Old 04-29-2005, 10:13 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fxyroxy382 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks.. i am ugly</TD></TR></TABLE>

well hells bells, how do you think freak shows make money?
ttiwwp!
Old 04-29-2005, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

first drop it with some springs and 17''s. if you got the dinero get some struts for a better ride. then move onto the basic intake, header and exhaust. if you really got mucho dinero go for the h22 swap. Good Luck!
Old 04-29-2005, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

first upgrade? i say order some of those great honda-tech stickers and slap them on your car. preferably ones with your user name on 'em. also, if you're thinking about painting your car, dont do it yet if youre planning on getting a body kit. somewhat obvious, but i've seen people do it outta order before and waste money. unless youre planning on swapping stock body parts back and forth (for whatever reason)... then do what you like about paint.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what should my first upgrade be?? (SixxT9)

I say get a good exhaust some aftermarket headlight bulbs weather you just get bulbs or go all out and get HID's just don't get high wattage ones unless you want to upgrade the wiring also. I would say also get some good tires. I like aftermarket wheels but then again I think stock wheels look hot with the car dropped down to where the tires tuck under the fenders.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:43 AM
New User

Default Re: what should my first upgrade be?? (twobit)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by twobit &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Tires aren't most important, but they are darn important...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd say tires are most important actually...they are the only part of a car that touches the road, therefore making it the most important part of a vehicle...good tires will help you stop faster and handle better...
Old 04-30-2005, 01:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what should my first upgrade be?? (TimLee05)

I'd lower it and some rims and tire first
Old 04-30-2005, 06:09 AM

Default Re: what should my first upgrade be?? (Nick H)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nick H &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd say tires are most important actually...they are the only part of a car that touches the road, therefore making it the most important part of a vehicle...good tires will help you stop faster and handle better...</TD></TR></TABLE>

either tires or weight reduction, but i highly doubt shes willing to start stripping... the car, i mean.
tires improve acceleration, braking, handling, and even appearance.
Old 04-30-2005, 11:36 AM
goowakjai

yea, rubbers important..u dunt wunna hit the streets with shitty rubber that myte cause an accident...then u'll be in ur mid 30's jobless with a bastard child and a wrecked accord....hahaha where amm i goin with this??!!
Old 05-01-2005, 04:10 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by goowakjai &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea, rubbers important..u dunt wunna hit the streets with shitty rubber that myte cause an accident...then u'll be in ur mid 30's jobless with a bastard child and a wrecked accord....hahaha where amm i goin with this??!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

hopefully youre going to english class.
Old 05-01-2005, 04:56 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by goowakjai &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea, rubbers important..</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah if you had good rubber, at least you wouldnt have a bastard child.

Quick Reply: what should my first upgrade be??