Troubleshooting: 2000 Accord relay/pump/injector issue -Engine fails to turnover - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Troubleshooting: 2000 Accord relay/pump/injector issue -Engine fails to turnover

Old 02-13-2018, 09:53 AM   #1
Trial User

Default Troubleshooting: 2000 Accord relay/pump/injector issue -Engine fails to turnover

I have a 2000 Honda Accord it wonít start, I used starting fluid and it will start and stay running perfectly fine. But when I shut it off it wonít start back up... it has new fuel pump, new plugs, new evap gas vent, new air filter. Canít figure out what it is. The relay to the fuel pump is fine, good fuel is getting to the fuel rail but wonít start without starting fluid. And I also checked the regulator and itís also good. And suggestions???
Hunter62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:31 PM   #2
Honda-Tech Member

Default re: Troubleshooting: 2000 Accord relay/pump/injector issue -Engine fails to turnover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter62 View Post
I have a 2000 Honda Accord it wonít start, I used starting fluid and it will start and stay running perfectly fine. But when I shut it off it wonít start back up... it has new fuel pump, new plugs, new evap gas vent, new air filter. Canít figure out what it is. The relay to the fuel pump is fine, good fuel is getting to the fuel rail but wonít start without starting fluid. And I also checked the regulator and itís also good. And suggestions???
What is the fuel pressure : key on, engine off?

How long does it hold the pressure?
DCFIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:37 PM   #3
Trial User

Default re: Troubleshooting: 2000 Accord relay/pump/injector issue -Engine fails to turnover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCFIVER View Post
What is the fuel pressure : key on, engine off?

How long does it hold the pressure?
i havenít tested the pressure yet I donít have a tool for that yet, but I tested the regulator with a vacuum pump and itís holding vacuum.
Hunter62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:51 PM   #4
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Troubleshooting: 2000 Accord relay/pump/injector issue -Engine fails to turnover

harbor freight has a $20 fuel pressure kit that fits our fuel rails
holmesnmanny is offline   Reply With Quote