Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

swap shops?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swap shops?

I am so interested in giving my F23 the power it deserved by swapping an H22 w/ 5spd. I can turn a wrench, but the problem is I do not have the heavy duty tools needed, and all around knowledge of how to swap a motor/tranny. On top of that, my Accord is my DD, so I can't have it out of commission for months..

I was wondering if anyone knows of a company or shop in CA who will do swaps. Or, if anyone in Southern CA would be able to accompany & assist my F23 & I through this long H22 swap journey. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

while out of commission for months is a stretch if you dont have the tools needed i would advise a swap shop...my first swap only took me about 24 hours total beginning to end with breaks and trips to the store for misc parts.....as for shops in the southern cali area i live in NJ but i have heard nothing but good things of a shop called "the hook ups Import tek shop" ....apparently they are in upland somewhere...i heard stuff about them b4 but i assume they are still in business

Originally Posted by tpot90
I am so interested in giving my F23 the power it deserved by swapping an H22 w/ 5spd. I can turn a wrench, but the problem is I do not have the heavy duty tools needed, and all around knowledge of how to swap a motor/tranny. On top of that, my Accord is my DD, so I can't have it out of commission for months..

I was wondering if anyone knows of a company or shop in CA who will do swaps. Or, if anyone in Southern CA would be able to accompany & assist my F23 & I through this long H22 swap journey. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

whats ur budget. i can ask around