Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Strange blinker issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange blinker issues

My blinker switch works left but for some reason right works when it's warm out but when it's cold it won't work until the car has warmed up,until the car has warmed I can manually push it slightly towards the dash and it will work but the second I let go it stops. It also buzzes at me when I have to do this. Any ideas?
Old 12-27-2015, 01:26 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Strange blinker issues

Since you must be driving a Cadillac ELR.....please post in correct section. OH wait My bad. You did not state the year make model.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:07 AM
ej8
Honda-Tech Member

If you are having to fiddle with the switch to get it to work, you most likely need to just replace the switch unless there is a loose connection or broken wire nearby.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HonBeer
Since you must be driving a Cadillac ELR.....please post in correct section. OH wait My bad. You did not state the year make model.
Pretty sure it's posted under Honda Accord on a Honda forum...you're right I must be in the in the wrong spot to ask about a Honda Accord...what was I thinking I'm so embarrassed.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ej8
If you are having to fiddle with the switch to get it to work, you most likely need to just replace the switch unless there is a loose connection or broken wire nearby.
Could corrosion play a factor as well? Is it possible to do a quick fix until the switch is replaced? there is a connection for it to work it just doesn't stay on.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:21 AM
ej8
Honda-Tech Member

Well yes, corrosion can always be a factor. I would take off and inspect it as the only way to know is to check.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok thank you for your help I appreciate it.
Old 01-01-2016, 05:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by devilsivy
Pretty sure it's posted under Honda Accord on a Honda forum...you're right I must be in the in the wrong spot to ask about a Honda Accord...what was I thinking I'm so embarrassed.
But you do realize that this section covers three generations of Accord's and trust me the set up from a 91 is totally different than an 01. Then even within a generation there are differences.

So without knowing what year Accord you have, well any advise given could be the same for a Ford.

Good luck.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by poorman212
But you do realize that this section covers three generations of Accord's and trust me the set up from a 91 is totally different than an 01. Then even within a generation there are differences.

So without knowing what year Accord you have, well any advise given could be the same for a Ford.

Why would anyone give advice about a Ford on a Honda forum in the first place? Seems counter productive,granted there are different years I get that but you changed the whole car,it would be silly to go on a Ford forum to ask about a Honda same as being on a Honda forum asking about a Honda but getting Ford advice. I guess I'm missing the logic behind the Ford and Cadillac comments.

Good luck.