Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Read This First!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Read This First!

After going through three pairs of speakers trying to replace mine, I know a few things about the doors in a 91. First of all, they ARENT 6.5 in speakers, they are 6.25. Second, they only have 2in max clearance behind them. You have to get shallow-mount, 6.25 inch speakers. I have a pair of Audiobahns that sound great. In the rear, I have a pair of 6.5 in Rockford Fosgates. I had to do a little modding to get them to fit, because of the undersised speakers Honda put in the car. As far as the 6x9's go, ur on your own there. You could do it pretty easily, as long as you have something to cut the metal on the rear deck. You will also have to cut the carpet, re-glue it on the edges, and use the speaker grills that come with your speakers. That will work, but unfortunately, it says "Steal me!" to anyone who looks in your back window. I would go with the Rockford 6.5s and get some subs to cover the lows. I recommend JL Audio over anything, and a Rockford amp. Remember, subs are designed to hit LOW. If you let them try to hit higher frequencies than they should, it will sound really poopy,and your trunk will rattle like a can filled with quarters in the first world war. Good luck to ya, and make sure you check depth when ordering speakers for your doors.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Read This First! (GuestHead)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GuestHead &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">After going through three pairs of speakers trying to replace mine, I know a few things about the doors in a 91. First of all, they ARENT 6.5 in speakers, they are 6.25. Second, they only have 2in max clearance behind them. You have to get shallow-mount, 6.25 inch speakers. I have a pair of Audiobahns that sound great. In the rear, I have a pair of 6.5 in Rockford Fosgates. I had to do a little modding to get them to fit, because of the undersised speakers Honda put in the car. As far as the 6x9's go, ur on your own there. You could do it pretty easily, as long as you have something to cut the metal on the rear deck. You will also have to cut the carpet, re-glue it on the edges, and use the speaker grills that come with your speakers. That will work, but unfortunately, it says "Steal me!" to anyone who looks in your back window. I would go with the Rockford 6.5s and get some subs to cover the lows. I recommend JL Audio over anything, and a Rockford amp. Remember, subs are designed to hit LOW. If you let them try to hit higher frequencies than they should, it will sound really poopy,and your trunk will rattle like a can filled with quarters in the first world war. Good luck to ya, and make sure you check depth when ordering speakers for your doors.</TD></TR></TABLE>

awesome.....but i read it second, and you cant stop me
Old 06-30-2004, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Read This First! (fw190bvi)

Yeah, so somehow this didnt end up in the thread about speakers in a 91 where I intended it to go... Sorry bout that.