Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Jones Electronics Technology (JET) ECU Reprogramming Package RESULTS!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: pretty impressive (sportyaccordy)

I called JET not too long ago, btw.

They said that tuning with something like a V-AFC won't reset the ECU settings.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: pretty impressive (Crono139)

So would that be considered a good idea? As in to flatten out that A/F ratio?
Old 12-11-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Re: pretty impressive (AFAccord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AFAccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So would that be considered a good idea? As in to flatten out that A/F ratio?</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's my plan.

My friend just opened up a shop not too far away from my house. He'll have his own dyno soon enough.

For now, I want to get an exhaust, and modified DC header, along with a high-flow cat. I'll then just do a simple dyno run to see what numbers I make. Throw in a JET ECU, and possibly have him tune it with a V-AFC.

I can then compare both charts, and hopefully sit back, and be happy.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Crono139 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's my plan.

My friend just opened up a shop not too far away from my house. He'll have his own dyno soon enough.

For now, I want to get an exhaust, and modified DC header, along with a high-flow cat. I'll then just do a simple dyno run to see what numbers I make. Throw in a JET ECU, and possibly have him tune it with a V-AFC.

I can then compare both charts, and hopefully sit back, and be happy. </TD></TR></TABLE>

sounds like a good deal to me, when you have the data, you know what to do
Old 01-13-2006, 02:28 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Crono139 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's my plan.

I can then compare both charts, and hopefully sit back, and be happy. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm i just got to thinking what if you buy one of those ECU chips on ebay not the resistors but the chips that you solder to your ecu and dyno that and then replace it with the old one (OEM) and send it to JET and see what are the diff?
Old 04-06-2006, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Jones Electronics Technology (JET) ECU Reprogramming Package RESULTS!! (AFAccord)

what was your reaction time for your 1/4 mile posted? have you done anything to the ignition, or grounding wires?
Old 04-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jones Electronics Technology (mattf22b1)

I'll have to dig up the tickets to know. I usually hit around .60 - .64 at the strip. Don't think I was any different on these days despite the heat. All I had done was a high amp alt, nology plug wires, and denso plugs regarding electrical.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jones Electronics Technology (AFAccord)

i have a question about mods after the chip. i am planning on getting the camshaft from kteller but i am getting the jet ecu reprogram first can i tell them all the things they need to know about the cam so they can program it accordingly or could i use the vafc2 piggy back ecu to tune the ecu for the new cam? all feed back would be greatly appreciated
Old 07-01-2006, 02:23 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Jones Electronics Technology (mattf22b1)

can you use an afc on top of the jet chip to add more fuel if you need it?
Old 07-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jones Electronics Technology (EASY101)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EASY101 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can you use an afc on top of the jet chip to add more fuel if you need it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You haven't been reading the last couple pages, huh? Yes, you can.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:41 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Jones Electronics Technology (philadd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philadd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You haven't been reading the last couple pages, huh? Yes, you can.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah I read every page thus far, but maybe I overlooked that part, if so I apologize. I was thrown off by the fact that after he found that his a/f wasnt so good he decided he wanted to sell the jet chip and buy use afc instead. Thanks for answering my question though a$$hole.
Old 07-01-2006, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Jones Electronics Technology (Dj14aZnS)

I own a Cl ( similar to an accord ) F22b1...All out for race only : full weight reduction etc......and so fourth ..N/A i run 14.6 without my M23s at 5300 ft. H23 transmission makes good use of the Fs torque. At sea level HMP ..Houston Motor Park ( TEXAS ) i logged a 13.8 with my M23s all motor. Gearing, power and weight make a huge difference

The Fxxxx motors hold there own For more informatino visit Accordingly-done.com
Old 07-01-2006, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by F23Coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Now I'm wondering. If I have Jet reflash my ECU with a different basemap, would that work ok with a piggyback like a V-AFC 2 for finer tuning? Or would they actually clash and make for incorrect readings on the V-AFC 2?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't see why there should be a problem.

JETs main modification with the ECU reprogramming is the change in terms of timing. We aren't sure exactly what they change besides that, and maybe the fuel curve.

If you alter their settings, you may, or may not see improvements in power.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Crono139 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I called JET not too long ago, btw.

They said that tuning with something like a V-AFC won't reset the ECU settings.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AFAccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So would that be considered a good idea? As in to flatten out that A/F ratio?</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's my plan.

If I was an *******, I would have told you to re-read. It's not that easy to overlook it if it's talked about as many times as I just showed you. And he said he was selling a different Jet product, not the reprogrammed ECU.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:07 PM

Fo sho.

The reason I mentioned using an AFC to fine tune the settings is because JET just uses standard settings based on the number of mods that you have.

This can result in a crappy A/F ratio.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philadd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And he said he was selling a different Jet product, not the reprogrammed ECU.</TD></TR></TABLE>

He had the V-Force module, but JET doesn't recommend using it in combination with their ECU upgrade.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:42 AM
* B A N N E D *

Well I apologize then. I'm at work when I'm reading this stuff, so apparently my reading comprehension is hindered by my daily duties and distractions at my job. I dont appreciate you being a smart *** though. A simple "yes" or "no" is sufficient for me. Thanks.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm not going to argue about it. I don't get upset or worked up over what people say over the internet, and frankly, you shouldn't either.

But I'll apologize if you think I was being a smartass.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:25 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Jones Electronics Technology (I got the CD5 Jeebies!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I got the CD5 Jeebies! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

grow the **** up and stfu..............moving on.............. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'll say it for myself, nobody was even talking to you. Take your own advice!
Old 07-03-2006, 07:29 PM

I gotta remeber to not post untill I've had my first smoke and am awake...sorry to all I'm a dick in the morning