Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

JDM H22 w/lsd tranny worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM H22 w/lsd tranny worth it?

Is the tranny with LSD really worth the x-tra $$$? Also how much x-tra is it compared to one without it. I got a quote on a JDM full H22 swap for 1950 shipped. What do you think it would be with the LSD tranny? Also for those whom have had both tranny's would you ever even waste your money on one without the LSD in it? I mean, is it THAT big of a difference in launching and turning? Appreciate it!
Old 06-28-2004, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM H22 w/lsd tranny worth it? (EuRoBrO)

Dunno how much extra that particular place would want for it, but usually its between $300-600. You're gonna want one, especially if you plan on going FI at any point. $1950 (including shipping) for a swap is pretty cheap, where you getting it?
Old 06-28-2004, 03:38 PM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: JDM H22 w/lsd tranny worth it? (JDMAccord2nr)

i've got an f22 tranny right now, but an h22 lsd tranny will be arriving soon, along with a better (non oem clutch)...i'll let you know
Old 06-28-2004, 04:01 PM

Default Re: JDM H22 w/lsd tranny worth it? (Nick H)

Definitely go lsd

I can't find the tranny without the H22

where should I look???

Modified by fastsohc at 7:20 PM 6/28/2004
Old 06-28-2004, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'd definately hit up the LSD tranny.. it'll be well worth your $$.. and with an aftermarket clutch.. preferrably ACT it'll work wonders on launching, power distribution, and the clutch will work wonders with shifting.. excellent for drag..

although the stock LSD isnt INCREDIBLE.. aftermarket ones like Quaife, Spoon, KAAZ/./ etc etc,., are better.. WAY BETTER.. so.. i'd look around.. price out how much a stock tranny is, an LSD tranny.. and how much an aftermarket LSD will cost you (to put in a non-lsd tranny obviously) and go from there.. all depends on how much money you wanna spend
Old 06-29-2004, 04:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (4genaccordfreak)

Alright that sounds good. Yea, I got the swap from a friend's shop. Havent ordered it yet but plan to today after I decide what I am going to do about which tranny to get. $$$ is always an issue and I was wanting to get the ACT flywheel and ACT clutch all at once but, I cannot afford those if I get the LSD tranny. Do you think it would be a good idea to get the LSD tranny and use the stock clutch that comes with the tranny and then later on down the road say 6 months or so, replace the clutch and flywheel with ACT?
Old 06-29-2004, 04:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EuRoBrO)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EuRoBrO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Alright that sounds good. Yea, I got the swap from a friend's shop. Havent ordered it yet but plan to today after I decide what I am going to do about which tranny to get. $$$ is always an issue and I was wanting to get the ACT flywheel and ACT clutch all at once but, I cannot afford those if I get the LSD tranny. Do you think it would be a good idea to get the LSD tranny and use the stock clutch that comes with the tranny and then later on down the road say 6 months or so, replace the clutch and flywheel with ACT?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do it at once, trust me. Itd be so much easier to put it in than to drop the trans again later. Just get an exedy, they are like $200 on ebay for a stiffer clutch with a flywheel from clutchcityonline, which is a reputable store.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Atheist)

Yeah I think im just going to have to whip out the ol' Capitol One. I didnt want to go into debt for this but a few hundred cant hurt that bad. Also I think I am going to stick with the ACT clutch. I hear nothing but awesome responses from people who use them. Also has anyone heard anything about their lightweight flywheels? Do you think that the ACT flywheel would be just as good as many others including Fidanza?
Old 06-29-2004, 05:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ACT is the way to go. Fidanza isn't bad either but if you're gonna choose, go with ACT, they're the best.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:09 AM

Default Re: (JDMAccord2nr)

an LSD tranny used to be $300 extra. the only problems i can see is that if it breaks good luck finding parts to fix it, LSD tranny equipped swaps are not as abundant so finding decent low mileage ones are harder to get, and the LSD tranny was an option that performance orientated buyers would get which may mean the motor was flogged regulary. also, unless you plan on racing the car be it drag or roadcourse/autocross it's not going to do be much help.

just my .02$
Old 06-29-2004, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (KGAccord)

Too late, already ordered it with LSD tranny. Got the total swap w/LSD tranny for $2150.00 Not bad in my opinion. Has anyone else ever heard of someone's tranny with LSD being crap or breaking?
Old 06-29-2004, 10:09 AM

Where did you buy your motor from, because I'm looking to get a h22a very soon and was hoping that someone can tell me a reliable place or site to buy from. TIA. Right now I only have $2500 to spend.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:17 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EuRoBrO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Too late, already ordered it with LSD tranny. Got the total swap w/LSD tranny for $2150.00 Not bad in my opinion. Has anyone else ever heard of someone's tranny with LSD being crap or breaking?</TD></TR></TABLE>

just got my m2b4 tranny installed last week to replace the m2a4, my m2a4 was leaking tranny fluid onto the clutch, 3rd syncros were going, 5th fork grind, typical probs, was running syncromesh, since m2b4 installed, all gears shift smoothly, no grinding at any rpm in any gear, and NO LEAKING!!! also had a stage 1 exedy and 12 lb act flywheel installed at the same time as tranny, clutch + lightened flywheel + jdm lsd = soooooooooooooo much better than stock (obviously) before the engine goes into the car def. change the clutch/flywheel
Old 06-29-2004, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (twistedbydezign)

Thats awesome news about those 3 combined being a huge difference. I can't wait until I get this piece installed so I can start tearin it up! Does it break loose in 1st gear when you floor it from a roll with the LSD tranny?