Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Honda Accord 2001 EX question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Accord 2001 EX question.

Hi there,

new here, and also new to the car world.
a little about me, i have always liked and been into cars, I have now finally been able to start working on my first car. It was handed down to me for free, with only 80k miles on it. Everything was stock since it was my grandmas (who didn’t even know it was a EX) I so far have done a few things, got black drag rims, tinted taillights black, and added a dual DNA motoring catback exhaust.

Main question is about the exhaust and the sound. It sounds fairly nice, but it could sound nicer. I drive it in auto manual so basically just start at 1, then 2 then drive 3 which I stay into until I slow down then I Down shift to 2, 1. It sounds kinda shitty on the highway which is when I use drive 4 so it’s not constantly at 4000 rpm like it would be in drive 3. But what is there I could do to make it sound nicer???
Old 07-06-2019, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Honda Accord 2001 EX question.

It's called a automatic trans for a reason..its by far a race car and the way your shifting I would save some cash for a trans in the future..
Old 07-06-2019, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hondaslave1342
It's called a automatic trans for a reason..its by far a race car and the way your shifting I would save some cash for a trans in the future..
Also..you must burn some fuel driving around in 3rd on the highway
Old 07-06-2019, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hondaslave1342
How much would I be looking at price wise?
Old 07-06-2019, 03:52 PM
Premium Member

Received 163 Likes on 150 Posts

Lol I used to manually shift my automatic when I was like 16. Ah, memories. It's probably not going to hurt anything but at least leave it in D4 when you're cruising.

As far as getting the exhaust to sound better, get rid of the fart can muffler for something like a Vibrant streetpower muffler and add an additional resonator. That should get rid of most of the ricer rasp. It's possible to have a decent sounding NA 4 cylinder with the right setup.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Aradin
Lol I used to manually shift my automatic when I was like 16. Ah, memories. It's probably not going to hurt anything but at least leave it in D4 when you're cruising.

As far as getting the exhaust to sound better, get rid of the fart can muffler for something like a Vibrant streetpower muffler and add an additional resonator. That should get rid of most of the ricer rasp. It's possible to have a decent sounding NA 4 cylinder with the right setup.
I’ll look into getting those mufflers and resonator, I do mainly drive around in D4 when cruising.
Also was looking into getting a different cold air intake, header.