Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Help! NEW Pass CV axle. Now shaking when acc 30mph

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! NEW Pass CV axle. Now shaking when acc 30mph

Hi I have a 2002 Honda Accord Ex. 2.3l 5 speed. I just got done putting in the new racing clutch. Tyen I had to replace lower ball joint and CV axle on passenger side front of car. Every time I accelerate my tire feels like it's wobbling bad. Around 30mph. This is the third CV axle I've tried. So it just cause its a cheap axle or could it he something else? Axle is a duralast lifetime warranty. From AutoZone.

List of new parts on car. Stage 4 racing clutch. 6 pluck unsprung. New distributor cap and plugs NGK. New passenger CV axle and lower ball joint.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help! NEW Pass CV axle. Now shaking when acc 30mph

So I put it on a lift today. Every time my left tire is moved.it looks like transmission lifts up then goes back down. With every moment of the tire. So I'm thinking bad transmission mounts? Can any one confirm? Haven't heard from any body since I posted.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Hmmm, I don't think even a bad transmission mount would cause that type of movement.

Side comment, I put new Duralast axles on my 6-Speed TL last year and am far from satisfied; I feel vibrations through the car almost every time I give the engine some extra power. I'm nearly to the point of yanking them and tossing them in the trash and trying a different brand.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So what your saying is. I might not even need a new mount? It could just be from the new Duealast Axle? If that's the case is their a restore kit I can buy for the original one? Cause I still have it. But the boots are torn. And after I put in new clutch. It was doing the same thing. That's why I was thinking maybe one of my mounts got screwed up. Cause the guy said he left it being held up by just one motor mount until he got new clutch in.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

The aftermarket Chinese made b series axles are known to cause vibrations. I have read the lengths are incorrect. I had one blow apart cruising along at 65mph , leaving me stranded. My brother's shop had oreilly brand axle that was clicking upon install . They opened the boot and there was no grease! The Chinese axles have driven a lot of axle repair shops away from rebuilding axles. I can buy a axle from $10 less than it costs to buy the boots from Honda. Most people are probably going to get the cheaper option.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So should I just buy a repair kit of my old axle and pop her back in? Since the durlast axke is most likely the issue
Old 06-10-2019, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Rebuilt axles are, more often than not (in my experience) pretty crappy. I'd recommend a set of quality new axles or new OEM axles.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So. I just put the car on jack stands. I put the car is infirst gear. And I looked around cause car was instantly started shaking. So it looks like the transmission motor mount in actually the problem. As when car was going the boot was moving to up and down. So looks like the tranny mount is the issue. So I'mma replace it this Wednesday witch is my payday. So hopefully this fixes that issue. Cause the rubber and bolt shouldn't be moving when car is in gear lol. The pains of fixing your own stuff.