Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

F22C in the S2000 same as the f22a1 in accords ??????

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 05:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (accordselux)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by accordselux &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That doesnt mean **** about engine internals. It may have to do with the rotation of the crank, the placement of the transmission bell, and if the engine is mounted transeversely or not, but that's about it.

The crank of the S2k motor can be interchanged with a TSX motor. DOes that mean the TSX is RWD? Or the S2k is FWD?

The CR-V is a real time AWD car...does that mean people arent putting the B20's in Civics and Tegs?</TD></TR></TABLE> This guy is asking if the motors are the same. NO, they are not even close.

Oh, and if its so easy to use an engine designed for a RWD tranny in a FWD chassis, with a FWD tranny, then you should start the project today. Better yet, RWD accord.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

whatever happened to the "f20c" of the s2000???
Old 11-02-2006, 07:44 AM

Default Re: (gianinline)

The AP1 came with the f20c.

The AP2 now comes with the F22c.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:55 PM

Default Re: (TOAB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TOAB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm not bagging on him for asking questions, I'm calling the other guy a dipshit for being a hypocrite. Ask questions, that's how you learn, but you won't learn anything if you don't get out there and look for answers yourself, because it usually leads to more questions. If you can google something... then why make a post?

And I can think of more than a few FR Roadsters.</TD></TR></TABLE>

understood, it came off a different way to me man, sorry. but yeah, most roadsters are FR but alot are mid mounted.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Me Gusta History

Default Re: (hurleyint)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hurleyint &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> This guy is asking if the motors are the same. NO, they are not even close.

Oh, and if its so easy to use an engine designed for a RWD tranny in a FWD chassis, with a FWD tranny, then you should start the project today. Better yet, RWD accord. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You are horrible at arguing. I poke holes in your 'opinion', stating that parts from the F22 can carry over to the K24, and that the CRV is AWD but people still use it's engine to swap into Civics and Integras to show that the engine itself isn't necessarily affected by RWD. To counter this, you're telling me I like to swap a RWD engine and tranny into a FWD car for fun. I'm commenting on you being the SECOND person in this thread to say that the motor swap is impossible because different drivetrian configurations are impossible to swap between vehicles. YES the S2k engine isnt the same as an Accord but it isnt because it's RWD necessarily.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hurleyint)

Look man he asked if the engines were the same. No they are not. We know that.

But the reason they are different is NOT because the S2000 is rear wheel drive. If you take the tranny off of both of them then they are both No Wheel Drive. And guess what. They are still different engines.

Let me put it this way. Go look at a Maxima and a 350Z. One is FWD and the other RWD but that does NOT mean they have a different engine. As a matter of fact they have the SAME engine, the VQ35.

And hurley, it actually is pretty easy to use an engine designed for a RWD car in a FWD car with a FWD transmission and vice versa but I won't to do that project because I don't feel like stuffing a Maxima engine into a 240 or a G35 engine into a Maxima. ALL INTERCHANGEABLE.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:43 AM

Default Re: (H2290)

Wow someone is using bold. That serious huh?
Old 11-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Me Gusta History

Default Re: (KageOokami)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KageOokami &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow someone is using bold. That serious huh?</TD></TR></TABLE>

If it takes 2 people to get it into everyones heads, then yes.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (240sx_SR20DET)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 240sx_SR20DET &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

the SR20DET and the SR20DE are not even the same engines!!! SR20DE&gt;FWD SR20DET&gt;RWD, they just happen to be the same engine series, displacement, valve train, fuel delivery, and forced induction. Even though the DE doesn't have a forced induction. So don't say people are swapping DETs into Sentras, "the sr20det is common place in the RWD swap for 240sx's, people are swapping them into sentra's", As you said above. THAT'S WRONG!!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

uhhh actually the SR20DET is a common swap into FWD nissan's, and is not just restricted to RWD cars. Ever heard of the Pulsar GTi-R (4WD quad throttle body SR20DET), or Bluebird SSS (4WD SR20DET). Both are east-west engines, both are used in FWD SR20DET conversions.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:20 PM

Well...
The F22C or the F20 in the S2k they share a block orientation with the other F series blocks...IE the first letter which is such a designation...The SR20det comes in a BLUEBIRD SENTRA, and Silvias...as well as other vehicles in FWD and RWD...ie the FWD SR20DE and the RWD SR20DE...and we could also contest the Ca18DE and DET which would be found in 180SX and also many FWD vehicles...I have nothing else to say on the matter...not a dumb question...they arent the SAME motor...but they are of the same orientation...but not the SAME...

kthx bye
btw some of you are dumb...and some of you arent...Only people who should care are you children

Lets not get started on which honda motors go in to what...as we could play that game all night...Enjoy your Candy kiddies...be sure to take your vitimans
Old 11-14-2006, 05:59 AM

Default Re: (poid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by poid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">uhhh actually the SR20DET is a common swap into FWD nissan's, and is not just restricted to RWD cars. Ever heard of the Pulsar GTi-R (4WD quad throttle body SR20DET), or Bluebird SSS (4WD SR20DET). Both are east-west engines, both are used in FWD SR20DET conversions.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thank you. thats what i thought, but when a nissan 240 guy claimed that i was wrong, i really started to doubt myself.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:05 AM
He knows where you live!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok, I'm glad every motor but the s2000 is being talked about now

F20C and F22C from the S2000 are not in any way shape or form able to be swapped into an accord without like 2 trillion $$ in custom machine work they are also not related to the F22 in accords