Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

ESP 98-02 Accord Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H 4 cyl Models...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default ESP 98-02 Accord Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H 4 cyl Models...

Hey guys as you know we have quite a few products for the 90+ Accords from Mount Kits, Traction Bar Systems to Solid 2/3/4 Point Strut Bars/Tie Bars...

I am going to make the 98-02 Accord 4 cyl Models Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H. I thought I would post this up with the whole process.

I am going to explain what we are thinking of doing. As you can see below is a 98-02 Accord 4 cylinder model. They have what they call a K member which most cars use now.

The issues... each side of the motor has a beam from front to back. This is un boltable. Honda have had these in the past on various vehicles for impact. Most cases are flimsy and we do not use in our kits. In order to use the 2 beams I would have to either lower or higher the radius rods in order for required wheel clearance....

The much easier solution is just to simply not use the boltable side beams on each side. The end result will look much like below.

I am currently in the process of making it and will post up more information shortly hoping to have it finished and into production in 2 weeks. -John

Please do not discuss how much, etc etc... this is just a process thread and discussion

Q: Why and what will this do?

Prevent wheel hop and torque steer. It will keep the nose of the car down under launching it will grab traction much quicker and go straight. Only way to fly to get from point A to point B as fast as you can. It will also strengthen the front of the car, improve overall handeling and road response. The Front Torque Mount Kit will put more power to the ground, improve shifts with eliminating unwanted engine movement. It will also give the necessary clearance for Turbo Downpipes and Custom Headers.
Attached Images   
Old 04-18-2013, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ESP 98-02 Accord Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H 4 cyl Models

Very happy with my ESP mounts and traction bar setup on my '95... good to see continued support for the Accord platforms!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ESP 98-02 Accord Traction Bar System with Front Torque Mount Kit F/H 4 cyl Models

Should have some updates by the end of the week
Old 07-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

As noted before side beams will not be used since one piece with OEM cross member and are in the way of the radius rod placement. They are flimsy and can bend over knee. Much like earlier Prelude and Accords middle cross beam.

------------------- ESP 98-02 Accord 4 Cyl F/H Traction Bar System With Front Torque Mount Kit Option is complete ----------------------------

I will have these ready to purchase by Monday 7/8. Email US or Call US or PM US for pricing. They will be slightly more then all other Front Torque Mount Kit Traction Bar Systems we sell.

The main bar will give you atleast additional 3" more room up front. The main bar will sit about 1/4" under the bottom radiator hose. Factory Tow Hook sits about 1.5-2" Lower then our End Plates/Main Bar. Front Torque Mount Kit will also give you more room for turbo setups, headers etc. Front Torque Mount Kit will put more power to the ground, help eliminate engine movement which forces more power to the ground. Will make shifts more solid and quicker. It will also use a bracket that will have the heim come out in front of the LCA rather then sit on top of the LCA. Reason being not enough room.

The Basic ESP Traction Bar System, will prevent wheel hop and torque steer. It will also strengthen the front end, improve overall road response and handeling. The ESP Traction Bar System is about half the weight of the OEM parts and much stronger.

As all of our products come Standard Semi Gloss Black Powder Coating with Red decal or choice of color decal. For a little bit extra roughly $20 have 150 other colors to choose from. Some real nice candy colors or textured colors. Check out our Honda/Acura Motor Mount Kit and Traction Bar System section on site for some custom colors we have done. Thanks-John

Below are 2 pictures during the prototype phase.

http://myimages.bravenet.com/347/171/808/1/AC2.jpg

http://myimages.bravenet.com/347/171/808/1/AC7.jpg
Old 08-21-2013, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=46090

Production Picture:

Old 08-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good!