Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 12:51 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise Control

I did a search for this first and came up with nothing, so maybe your newest noob can get some help here...
2000 accord lx, cruise control all of a sudden takes a vacation. I push in the rectangular button swithch on the left side of the dash to activate. So far so good. but then after getting up to speed that I want to maintain, I then push in the smaller button on the steering wheel and indicator in the dash to the left of speedo (actually says cruise control in green) goes on and as usual you can feel the cc take control of the throttle, but then almost immediately, it drops off and the green CC message in dash goes out too. (The main control at left if the same, no change) However, if you attempt to push the button on the steering wheel again, there is no response from anything again. No dash "cruise control" message, not throttle respose needless to say, and if you have removed you foot from the pedal, you are already slowing down considerably.
You will NOT get anything above to repeat until AFTER you disengage the main rectangular (MAIN) button, push it back in again, and then repeat the procedure starting with getting back up to speed before pushing in the small steering wheel botton to kick in the cruise control. But that is when it does it thing buy coming on for a second, you can see the green "Cruise Control" message in the dash for a split second then it goes out and you can feel the accellerator drop back off and the car will begin to slow down...
I have checked all the vacumm lines and done a line test with a hand vacumm pump and gauge, all appears good. So my question is to the top notch Honda Techs is what am I looking at here as a possible problem and how to repair/fix.?? I have checked all fuses(that I am aware of)too. I also plugged in the OBDII just on the outside chance that.... well that was clean too. Will some one please tell me what is going on here... A big TIA here....
Old 05-18-2009, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cruise Control

im not sure if these newer cars have the same thing, but my 93 f250 had something that was connected to the throttle cable and it pushed it out, but that was all mechanical. when that went all it was is the clip came unclipped. i clipped it back in and it worked fine. idk if these cars have it but its worth taking a look
ps welcome to the site! make a signature and it'll be a lot easier for people to help you out lol
Old 05-18-2009, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dear God.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:25 AM
New User

***** Off, Eh??
Old 05-21-2009, 04:53 PM
New User

I can relate to the "Off" part. I was driving thru a heavy rain when the CC gasped and disappeared. Green cruise "on" light stayed on, still switches on and off as if all is well. But four days after it stopped raining, still no response from steering wheel, Fuse looks okay. I registered for the forum to see if any of you has had this problem (rokkandy, you are my canary in the mine!) and...if any of you have solved it!! I am not at all handy, and, frankly, am proud that I even thought about a fuse, let alone finding it and seeing that it's still good! (Sigh)