Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

car too bouncy =(

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 11:30 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default car too bouncy =(

I lowered my car with kyb GR2's and ebay style coilovers almost a month ago and my ride quality decreased drastically because now it is too bouncy over any kind of bump in the road not to mention potholes. I like the way my car sits now but hate the ride. what do i have to do or change to improve the ride but keep this look. I was thinking of getting agx's in the front and leave the gr2's in the back or replace the coilovers with regular springs (hopefully keeping the same height) or get better coilovers. what do you guys suggest, by the way my budget for this extra work is around $250

Old 04-13-2007, 11:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: car too bouncy =( (mark2583)

lol get better sleeve coilovers man ebay ones? your just asking for trouble get some ground controls or something
Old 04-13-2007, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gR-2's are stock replacements remember. I put them on my lowered car and it was a waste of money i should have paid the extra money to get the good kind, but oh well. Anyways back on topic, springs will always ride better than sleeveover's usually. You probably arent going to be able to find a spring to drop you that low. whatever you do, do not get megan racing sleeveover's, they are ridiculously stiff and undrivable. Ground control would be good for you. And you DEFINATELY need new shocks for being that low, koni yellow preferably. But you really need to save your money in order to be able to afford those.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:28 AM

your mistake was getting cheap ebay springs. Thats what happens when you pay 35 bucks for pos stuff on ebay. You'll just end up braking **** in your car , the ride sucks, and now you end up paying more money for some other set up. with $250, thats not gonna get you anywhere, why dont you save up for the real thing.

Modified by haiyter at 1:44 AM 4/14/2007
Old 04-14-2007, 01:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: car too bouncy =( (haiyter)

get new springs. the reason your car is bouncy is because your suspension is under dampened, the GR2s arent stiff enough for your mystery rated ebay springs. switch to some lowering springs that only have slightly stiffer then stock rates and you should be good. tein s. tech, tanabe DF210, eibach pro-kit, etc.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:33 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mark2583 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I lowered my car with kyb GR2's and ebay style coilovers almost a month ago and my ride quality decreased drastically because now it is too bouncy over any kind of bump in the road not to mention potholes. I like the way my car sits now but hate the ride. what do i have to do or change to improve the ride but keep this look. I was thinking of getting agx's in the front and leave the gr2's in the back or replace the coilovers with regular springs (hopefully keeping the same height) or get better coilovers. what do you guys suggest, by the way my budget for this extra work is around $250

</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's not you shocks it's the coilovers they caused the car to I know from experiance
Old 04-14-2007, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 67 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Re: car too bouncy =( (TMC_EF)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mark2583 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"></TD></TR></TABLE>

This may be off topic a bit but I just noticed that in this pic here the center of your hub/CV Shaft is not centred in your rim....is that normal? and wouldn't that cause some bounce as your driving?????
Old 04-14-2007, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: car too bouncy =( (GhostAccord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GhostAccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This may be off topic a bit but I just noticed that in this pic here the center of your hub/CV Shaft is not centred in your rim....is that normal? and wouldn't that cause some bounce as your driving?????</TD></TR></TABLE>

I noticed the same thing. The rim being off center, and only having three lugs on it, makes me think these rims do not fit this car correctly. You will never get a smooth ride with the off center situation I see in that picture.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:15 AM

Default Re: car too bouncy =( (BLKFLSH)

yuck thats no good..you better hope them three lugnuts are tight as hell...if I were you Id get some good springs, maybe some tein s-techs I think they do about 1.5" or so...and get some KYB AGX's..I love these shocks I have them on my car...I have those rims also in 18"s..I hate them lol..to big I put the factory 15's back on..they look much better...I bet you rub like no bodys buisness
Old 04-14-2007, 06:42 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

it looks like its not centered because of the angle that the picture was taken but i've decided on lowering springs though
Old 04-14-2007, 08:50 AM

Default Re: (mark2583)

New springs.

and new wheels...
Old 04-14-2007, 08:58 AM

[<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mark2583 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it looks like its not centered because of the angle that the picture was taken but i've decided on lowering springs though</TD></TR></TABLE>
either hub ring too big or something it not stay in centered
time to 5 lug your car hates you
Old 04-14-2007, 09:54 AM

Default Re: (i93SE)

Why not switch to Tokico HP's (blues) with Tokico springs? That would put you in the $300 range....won't be that low, but 1.5" drop.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mark2583 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it looks like its not centered because of the angle that the picture was taken but i've decided on lowering springs though</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't buy it. That wheel is not centered on the hub, and will never be balanced like that. You need to at least get some tapered (acorn) lug nuts, and carefully center the wheel while tightening the lugs. Why do you only have three lugs? looks terrible. Sorry to be so critical, but that looks bad, and will never ride smooth, no matter what suspension you put on it.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:44 AM

Default Re: (BLKFLSH)

to me it jus looks like the angel of the picture... but yeah dont trust ebay stuff... n jus make shure you get another lug nut soon cause having loose lugnuts sux... you feel like you're wheel is jus gonna slam off your car.. that would suck sax.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:06 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (BLKFLSH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BLKFLSH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I don't buy it. That wheel is not centered on the hub, and will never be balanced like that. You need to at least get some tapered (acorn) lug nuts, and carefully center the wheel while tightening the lugs. Why do you only have three lugs? looks terrible. Sorry to be so critical, but that looks bad, and will never ride smooth, no matter what suspension you put on it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

blkflsh i never asked for your opinion on my wheels and my car was riding just fine on these same wheels with stock suspension buddy
Old 04-14-2007, 11:30 AM

Probably just the camber is off.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (98savage)

I bet the struts are blown since you just got the gr2's. They are not meant for a lowerd car.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: car too bouncy =( (GhostAccord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GhostAccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This may be off topic a bit but I just noticed that in this pic here the center of your hub/CV Shaft is not centred in your rim....is that normal? and wouldn't that cause some bounce as your driving?????</TD></TR></TABLE>

Might be the camera angle

Edit::: oooh ****,... 3 lugs? WTF dude?
Old 04-14-2007, 04:07 PM

Two options:
1) Get springs/coilovers with a lower spring rate; this is probably not a likely option as the more aggressive the drop, the higher the spring rate.
2) Get shocks where you can adjust the dampening. Currently, your spring rate is too high for the shocks.
You've already mentioned you're gonna get springs, but that's not gonna help. Unless the springs you're getting are soft and barely offer much a drop, you're gonna have the same problems. If you want the same type of drop you have now, you're gonna have to upgrade your shocks. And people have hated on the ebay sleeve coilovers, but i would bet that if you replaced your shocks with something like koni yellows and adjusted dampening to the stiffest setting, you would have no complaints about your ride quality.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:44 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mark2583 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

blkflsh i never asked for your opinion on my wheels and my car was riding just fine on these same wheels with stock suspension buddy</TD></TR></TABLE>

He wasnt giving you an opinion on your wheels..hes just trying to help you out man thats what H-T is for..he didnt say anything bad about the wheels man
Old 04-14-2007, 08:49 PM

Default Re: (lowered94accord)

jus grab u some ground controls and kyb gr2 s and call it a day good price good quality i kno i roll em myself
Old 04-14-2007, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (white99CF)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by white99CF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">jus grab u some ground controls and kyb gr2 s and call it a day good price good quality i kno i roll em myself </TD></TR></TABLE>
he already has Gr2's u stupid ricer jk
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mark2583 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I lowered my car with kyb GR2's and ebay style coilovers almost a month ago ...</TD></TR></TABLE>

koni yellows and GC's butg FIIIRST

get another lugnut!!!
Old 04-14-2007, 11:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (361accord)

just remember you get what you pay i think that how it goes? rofl pretty much dont skimp on suspension parts
Old 04-15-2007, 12:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SuShiBoiiii)

or motor parts lol, ebay valve springs, 10cents each lmmfao

Quick Reply: car too bouncy =(