Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

car jacked up... tire spins but i am not in gear?? wtf...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 04:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default car jacked up... tire spins but i am not in gear?? wtf...

last nite there was a stinky plastic/rubber burning smell and i was getting a squeeky scratchy noise coming from my driver side wheel... (dropped 3.25 on stoxBTW/FYI) i know the squeek that is assoicated with the camber kit that's okay i kno how that is suppose to sound and i dont mind that but this was diff..and almost had like a Howlling noise too. but anyways.. today i jacked up my car and didnst find anything wrong w/ it.. nothing was burning or looked burnt there was no rip or tear in my cv joints the suspension was all tight aneverythign i dont know what the **** it could be.. i am thinking i should just replace my CV joints to be okay (( it doesnt tick when i turn, i get SOMETIMES a tick when i first accel but that's it and that's not all the time))

--only thing that was buggin me out was that .. okay it's ******* BRICK outside (brick = cold) so i am warming up my car.. i jack it up and the driver side tire (the one where the noise was coming from lastnite) started to spin?? umm wTf!! i got a 5 spd and it's not in gear.. why is it spinning? also it's not as easy to spin the tires when i try to spin the foward or backward i get a bit of resistance more if i spin it backwards (reverse way) then spining ito fowarrd (driving way)... any idea y it would spin if it's not in gear??
Old 12-02-2002, 05:14 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: car jacked up... tire spins but i am not in gear?? wtf... (patastinky)

because it's in nuetral?
Old 12-02-2002, 05:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: car jacked up... tire spins but i am not in gear?? wtf... (FrreeeBird)

never did it before though?? and umm why would it spin if its not in gear? (5spd) i dont mean i am able to spin it freely it just turns as if it was in gear is what i am saying