Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

It can be done.

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: It can be done. And Has been done. (01accordv6)

We at least know this car exists. That's a start.

What we can't be sure of what kind of power this thing is making, and what it can do. We either need media to be posted, or just get Paul to see the car in person, and snap some pics.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:01 AM

Default Re: It can be done. And Has been done. (Accordcentral)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Accordcentral &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
a 4th- 6th gen accord wieghs around 2800-3200lbs.

at those wieghts youd need around 200-240WHP to run 12's </TD></TR></TABLE>
Okay, 200-240WHP to get into the 12s? Well ****! I think I'm gonna go strap I/H/E and a 100 wet-shot on my 4G Accord and be in the 12s ( can't forget my slicks, because every single horse is going to the ground ). Get real man, you're going to need just a bit more than 240 to get into the 12s.

Good luck w/ the numbers on your 6G man. Hope to see some pics and hear a little bit more about it.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: It can be done. And Has been done. (Elusive)

If all goes well I should be able to post some pics tonight. I have about 100 or so more miles to go befor I put it on the dyno. Then you'll be able to see some numbers.
As for the stand alone issue, I just mean that not every body needs them. They are a great tunning tool. Just not every body with an intake and exhaust needs it. If a piggy back will do what you need it to, then why spend the extra money on the stand alone. I think those HP noumbers are a little off to. To see 12sec. passes I'm antisipating needing around 325-350. Maybe a little more.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:51 AM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: It can be done. And Has been done. (Turbowa)

couple questions...

what's your complete turbo setup?
turbo?
wastegate?
intercooler?
turbo manifold?

you realize also that you will snap your axles in half using the factory axles...they are made for 130hp and people with h22's break them on somewhat of a regular basis...mildly turbo f's have problems with them, you will definitely have issues...

also, what is your fuel setup? what kind of system are you employing?

can we get some specs on the motor? compression ratios, machining etc...

i live close so if your **** is legit i can come check it out...
Old 03-01-2004, 11:55 AM

Default Re: It can be done. And Has been done. (Nick H)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nick H &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">couple questions...

what's your complete turbo setup?
turbo?
wastegate?
intercooler?
turbo manifold?

you realize also that you will snap your axles in half using the factory axles...they are made for 130hp and people with h22's break them on somewhat of a regular basis...mildly turbo f's have problems with them, you will definitely have issues...

also, what is your fuel setup? what kind of system are you employing?

can we get some specs on the motor? compression ratios, machining etc...

i live close so if your **** is legit i can come check it out...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Seems like you guys really wanna OWN this guy and prove him all wrong huh. I cant wait to see what happens.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:57 AM
Farts in the shower

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbowa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Apparently you have a problem reading. I didn't say it ran 12's or is going to run 12's. I said it SHOULD run 12's-11's. That is the goal hear.
If you would have also read closer, I just got it running and am breaking it in and the I have to dyno it. As for the tranny. Have you ever had one apart or even looked inside of one. I build this transmission my self and will do it again. The honda auto's are acutally build very well. its the original bearings that fail. Witch have already been replaced and up graded. Including the clutch packs and torque converter.
Now for is it possible on street tires you answered your owen question. civics do it in the 9-10 sec. range on drag radials, witch are still considered street tires. Hints the DOT approval on them. Now if you would like as soon as I get dyno sheets and time slips I will post them and even invite you to the track and dyno so you can see with you owen eyes.
Don't hate me just cause I did what you can't</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wouldn't really come in here talking **** to a Moderator of the Accord forum...just a word of advice, he will pwn you in a heart beat. Well this thread SUCKS WITHOUT PICS . And I call BS until I see pics, dyno sheets etc, and I hate you because you did what I can't
Old 03-01-2004, 11:58 AM
Working

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: It can be done. And Has been done. (Legendaryyaj)

Well if he would prove it and you would stop talking **** to everyone that has some doubts then this would be all done but he has not done anything to prove he has what he says he does.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:59 AM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Legendaryyaj &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Seems like you guys really wanna OWN this guy and prove him all wrong huh. I cant wait to see what happens. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i don't wanna prove him wrong or own him in any way...i'm just curious as to the specs of this setup...and if it's legit, well, i'll make a trip to ohio and check it out personally...
Old 03-01-2004, 07:15 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 01accordv6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well if he would prove it and you would stop talking **** to everyone that has some doubts then this would be all done but he has not done anything to prove he has what he says he does.</TD></TR></TABLE>

How am i talking ****? Im just trying to give this guy a chance while you try to downplay him. I like to give everyone equal opportunities to prove themselve's. If he flakes then ok, my bad for supporting backing him but until then he's got my attention.

How's it go in court again.....? Innocent until proven guilty!?!?! Don't jump the gun. Let this guy make something of himself, whether it be a phony or someone different.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:37 PM
Working

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Ok this car would be really amazing to see, but he has given no proof and i understand that people should be given the benefit of the doubt and all that but i know if i had a car like that then i would have taken at least a few pics of it and if he has the money to do all that then he can afford to buy a digital camera and get some pics. I am not trying to upset you but seriously I have seen lots of threads like this and i just get tired of not having proof for such bold claims.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:11 AM

Ok pics will be up today. I rained all day hear yesterday. Got'a love ohio weather. Its going to be nice to day, I get th camera hear at work and snap a few for ya at lunch time.
As for set up:
Turbo: Turbonetics t3/t04E
Wastegate: Tial
Intercooler:spearco core
Manifold: F-max w/ 3" down pipe.
Fuel: GS-R intank walboro 255lph, 6:440cc inj., AEM fuel rail and fuel psi reg.
Compretion is 8.5:1
I realize the stock axles will probably break. That is why I have been looking in to getting new ones.
Machining&P head Milled head, deacked block, re-sleeved with Ductile iron sleeves. 5angle valve job. A few other goodes to.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:42 PM
Party Pooper

bump..i wanna see this.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow, seems pretty impressive, but i don't think it's gonna be that easy to get into the 11's or 12's.

I knew a turbo s2000 running 334 whp with street tires was only able to a 12.6. That's a car that's almost a 1000 pounds lighter, rwd.

I also know a turbo AWD 2g talon (3200 pounds?) making close to 400whp that' ran a 12.6. This car is a little bit heavier, but it's got awd and gobs of power.

Now here you have a ~2900 pound car, fwd. I believe you may have all these parts, but it's gonna be probably at most a 13 second car. I'd love to see you prove me wrong and i'm not trying to brag or anything, i'm just bringing out numbers i've personally seen...every car is different but those times are hard to achieve.

Good luck anyways
Old 03-03-2004, 04:15 AM

Default Re: (Dracord)

Well I had pic's up yesterday. I think some of you were able to see them be for they were deleted. If you want them e-mailed to your let me know. http://www.clintelliott50@hotmail.com
The pic's getting locked and then deleted is why I've never used this before and after this will probabley never use it again. Oh well your loss. Just trying to share knowledge and some one decides to be an *** hole.
Old 03-03-2004, 06:04 AM

Default Re: (Turbowa)

if you email them to me I will host them
Old 03-03-2004, 07:04 AM

Default Re: (ForceThis!)

hey im the one that sold him all that chit!!!!
belive me i could vouch for him in a heart beat, the car is everything he says it is..
the infaoums two year project, around here it called the 90k dollar accord...everthing except for the bolts on stuff was custom made for his motor... got your back clint
Old 03-03-2004, 07:50 AM

Its good to see a high powered auto F series guy in here. I am glad to see that someone with an auto and F series beleive in their motor and tranny. I really want to see your setup.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:17 AM

Default Re: (Drag-On23)

Glad to see some people have my back. Thanks, J. I'll post dyno sheets and drag times as soon as I get them. I've e-mailed the pics to:Force this. hope he can put them up. I'll stay in touch.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:40 AM

Default AND HERE THEY ARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-03-2004, 08:44 AM

Default Re: AND HERE THEY ARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (ForceThis!)

why was the original pics thread for this Locked and deleted?
Old 03-03-2004, 08:58 AM

Default Re: AND HERE THEY ARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Legendaryyaj)

know that what im talking about!!!!!
Old 03-03-2004, 11:25 PM
Party Pooper

Default Re: AND HERE THEY ARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (JBONES)

wowee..
Old 03-04-2004, 01:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

heh, you got the exact same turbo kit as me. Do you know the specs on your turbo? trim size etc? turbonetics right?
Old 03-04-2004, 05:14 AM

Default Re: (Dracord)

The turbo is .63a/r on the exhaust side I beleive. It spools pretty quick with the auto. Never comes off of boost. The 2 extra inj. are not even being used yet. I would like to get it on a dyno with in 2wk's. to see what its doing. Just turned 550mi's. last night. Then more I drive it the better it feels.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:14 AM

Default Re: (Turbowa)

that level10 "upgrade " is about as strong as a stock trans, many accord v6's have tried it and all ended up blowing. if youve heard of dr.evil transmissions check him out, an av6 guy running ~300whp has been using it with no problems so far.

Quick Reply: It can be done.