Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

A/C and check engine light...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C and check engine light...

I have a 94 Accord LX Auto Tranny. It has so far been a great car....however; I have noticed a couple of things recently and I am not sure if they are simple fixes...or major surgery.

First - The A/C tends to make my car idle really funny. It makes the whole car shake and the RPM's drop enough to make me think she's going to stall out on me. (Doesn't stall, but does a good job of "teasing me" and irritating me into turning off the A/C!!!) I just fixed a problem with my fan not comming on, and my car had overheated from sitting still with the A/C on...the fan has been replaced and the car no longer overheats!! (Can you imagine...resolve the cause of a problem...and the problem goes away! What a world!!!) ANYWAYS!!!

Second issue is my check engine light. I have noticed that if I let my car warm up COMPLETELY before driving...it runs great. If I just jump in and drive....the check engine light comes on, usually by the time i've hit 40 mph. It will stay on until I turn the car off...when I turn it back on...POOF no more light....what could cause my light to come on simply from just not letting it warm up?

SHOULD I WORRY OR JUST BITE MY TONGUE AND NOT HURT HER FEELINGS WHEN SHE ACTS LIKE THIS???....lol I am a major dedicated Honda fan, my 97 civic was great...the accord is nicer, but I wish I got another manual...missin the performance of a 5 speed honda!!

Thanks for any responses!!!

--Chris (A.K.A Gordito)