Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Brembo brake pads

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brembo brake pads

I going to be ordering some new brembo blanks along with some new pads and I was thinking of going with axxis pads but then i saw the brembo ones and was wondering if anyone had any information on these or are using them?

Thanks
Accordhybrid
Old 05-22-2003, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Brembo brake pads (accordhybrid)

You can't go wrong with the Axxis pads. Brembo rotors are great, but I haven't heard much about the pads.
Old 05-22-2003, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Brembo brake pads (WuWarrior)

Two people I know have had Axxis pads. They have better braking than stock but they make a lot of visible dust and noise! You get a grinding noise as you come to a halt. Ask others and they'll tell you the same. It's just that the Axxis MM pads are semi-metallic and they're too abrasive, i guess, for the OE rotors.

P.S. Both the people I know are running Axxis Metal Master pads on OE stock rotors.
Old 05-23-2003, 12:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Brembo brake pads (showgunz)

brembo has traditionally made rotors and brakes calipers. Any brake pad they have is private labeled: they are slapping their name on someone else pad.
Old 05-23-2003, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Brembo brake pads (RotaryBzzz)

Cool thanks for the information

Accordhybrid
Old 05-23-2003, 10:13 AM

Actually, i run Axxis MM pads on my stock front rotors. My brakes are as quiet as stock. As for wear on my rotors im sure it shortens the life of the rotors more than say stock pads, but i have ran them for nearly a year with no more noticeable wear than usual. I am hard on my brakes when i need to be and easy on them as well. No where near as abrasive as say hawk hp++ pads.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Brembo brake pads (Gedupsound)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Gedupsound &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Actually, i run Axxis MM pads on my stock front rotors. My brakes are as quiet as stock. As for wear on my rotors im sure it shortens the life of the rotors more than say stock pads, but i have ran them for nearly a year with no more noticeable wear than usual. I am hard on my brakes when i need to be and easy on them as well. No where near as abrasive as say hawk hp++ pads.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So you ran some Hawk HP pads too? The ones for the street or street/track use? I forgot the model numbers for both. But my sister and my friend's cars both use Axxis and they grind as they come to a halt. Wait a bit longer and you may notice that happening on your car soon. But in theory, Axxis can make more noise because stock pads are organic and semi-metallic pads are more "harder" than organic.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:30 AM

You have a point there, they are semi-metallic, and they should make more noise and such, but as yet, i have not experienced it yet. I hope i don't, but i won't be heart broken if they do begin to grind or squeel, because i have been expecting it I have been quite surprised by the way my tired rotors have reacted to them.

As far as the hawk pads, i know a few people in my town that run the track ones, the hp+'s i believe, and their initial grab is insane. Its like having your brake pads going out on you by how sudden the first grab is, and they squeal too.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:41 AM

Oh I see. I was thinking of getting just the street version, the HPS I guess. I have to double check the model number. If those people you mentioned are using the track version, then it's understandable. I read from Tire Rack that the rotors could wear more quickly and put more stress and all. But hey, if your Axxis pads don't make noise, great. It's just that I've seen some people who said they notice theirs making more noise than other pads. And it's not something you hear everyday about Axxis so it's something to look out for and tell others about. But the brake dust, now everyone knows that these produce a lot. Or at least more than some of the others, like AEM's.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:48 AM

That i can also not deny. Hah, im looking at my konig greenlights on my car right now, and the difference in color from the fronts to the rears is quite noticelable. The fronts look like they have had chocolate milk poured onto my rims and dried.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

When I was talking about the Axxis pads I was referring to the Ultimates cause that is what I have read that everyone is using on OEM rotors I have used the MM on my powerstops and I hated them they did make a lot of noise and grinded when coming to a stop.

So the set up I looking at will be the brembo blanks and the ultimates axxis pads or the AEM.

What do you think?

Accordhybrid
Old 05-23-2003, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Brembo brake pads (accordhybrid)

If you are going the non-AEM route, the blanks and the ultimates are where its at. But if you do go for the big brake kit by AEM, a friend of mine has those. Good stuff. Though i do believe that the need for slotted and dimpled rotors is a bit overkill for street conditions, even highway speeds. Good stuff none the less.