Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Best&Cheap Intake System?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best&Cheap Intake System?

what Intake System is the best to put on my accord and cheap?AEM,INJEN,K&N,A'PEXI...?

Old 08-26-2004, 03:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Best&Cheap Intake System? (bodea_florian)

get the piping from an ebay kit, and throw on a K&N or A'pexi filter
Old 08-26-2004, 07:02 PM

yeah what he said, piping is piping its the filter that does the work
Old 08-26-2004, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Best&Cheap Intake System? (aZnAcCoRd02)

very true, but if you can locate a DC Sports Intake for your model--they are cheap due to AEM buying them out--- a few months ago http://www.optionsauto.com had the for like $60 or so
Old 08-26-2004, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Best&Cheap Intake System? (fw190bvi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fw190bvi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get the piping from an ebay kit, and throw on a K&N or A'pexi filter</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea do that and then get pulled over and get slapped with a ticket for modified intake. Your call, id personally stick to name brands for the CARB sticker to stay street legal.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:53 PM
Working

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Best&Cheap Intake System? (Legendaryyaj)

If you live in a place where they don't do inspections then you are solid as sears with a knock off brand.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

or if you have a 4th or 5th gen u can do the ghetto intake mod.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:23 AM

Default Re: (wed3k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Legendaryyaj &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yea do that and then get pulled over and get slapped with a ticket for modified intake. Your call, id personally stick to name brands for the CARB sticker to stay street legal.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Like a cop is really gonna pull someone over and say "That sounds like a modified intake, let me see under your hood." Go with whatever piping you want and then go for K&N (imo), just be sure that it has the right fittings for the vaccum tubes. Not a huge deal, but it helps.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:38 AM
Farts in the shower

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fw190bvi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get the piping from an ebay kit, and throw on a K&N or A'pexi filter</TD></TR></TABLE>

One thing I noticed about my aluminum piping is that the tubing got really hot after a spirited/long drive. So I got innovative and thought of ways to reduce this temperature; afterall that hot air is going into my engine .

So I sanded down the chrome piping with some wet sand paper and then covered the 2 outlets as to not clog up the pipes and sprayed it with high temp semi gloss black. Did 2 coats and noticed that the pipe was TONS cooler after a long drive where I could touch it (before I couldn't) SUCESS it worked . NTM it gives a better appearance IMO in the engine bay instead of all this bling blang blow

Here are some pictures:

So far that paint is holding up and temps are still down. Since the black reflects the heat and doesn't absorb it; it works perfect. When I get my intercooler piping it will be powdercoated black .

Sorry for going OT

edit: sorry for the dirty engine bay, I will try and take more pictures if you guys want
Old 08-27-2004, 03:11 AM

Why buy cheap, or do you mean inexpensive? You cut corners, you pay later
Old 08-27-2004, 03:22 AM
Farts in the shower

Default Re: (phoenixitc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by phoenixitc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why buy cheap, or do you mean inexpensive? You cut corners, you pay later </TD></TR></TABLE>

The tubing for most to all systems are the SAME...the filter is what is typically makes the difference. Regardless intake is what 2whp, really not a big deal to drop 200+ dollars on.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:59 AM

But if you buy plain tubing, you don't get the cool sticker or emblem or label on the tube, you know... the thing that makes the cost so high!
Old 08-27-2004, 08:58 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by phoenixitc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But if you buy plain tubing, you don't get the cool sticker or emblem or label on the tube, you know... the thing that makes the cost so high! </TD></TR></TABLE>

umm... does it really matter? go buy a sticker and slap it on the tubing... itll add another 10whp if you place the sticker on the right spot!
Old 08-27-2004, 10:50 AM
New User

Default Re: (FatJoe)

stock intake minus the resonator box with a k&n drop in filter will actually outperform most aftermarket intakes...it has short tubing to allow easy breathing in higher rpm's, but pulls air from cooler parts of the car (outside the engine bay)
Old 08-27-2004, 11:17 AM

Default Re: (Assassin247)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Assassin247 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Like a cop is really gonna pull someone over and say "That sounds like a modified intake, let me see under your hood." Go with whatever piping you want and then go for K&N (imo), just be sure that it has the right fittings for the vaccum tubes. Not a huge deal, but it helps.</TD></TR></TABLE>

With the amount of ricers there are nowadays youd be ****** surprised. He could get pulled over for something else too, like maybe speeding after the install?!?!?!
Old 08-27-2004, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Best&Cheap Intake System? (VRDrvr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VRDrvr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> When I get my intercooler piping it will be powdercoated black </TD></TR></TABLE>

so now your going back to turbo??.....or turbo H???....i was gone for the 1st week in august and i was expexting an H swap...
Old 08-27-2004, 01:23 PM

OK guy's thank's 4 the info I think I'l go with the aftermarket piping and a K&N filter
Old 08-27-2004, 06:05 PM

Out here in California, cops will give you a ticket for ANYTHING, so it pays to spend an extra $50 and get a top of the line brand like AEM. You know when you get an AEM, you are getting only quality. This means the fit will be perfect with all the necessary parts.

If you are on a tight budget, get the ebay one.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:41 PM
Farts in the shower

Default Re: Best&Cheap Intake System? (fw190bvi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fw190bvi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so now your going back to turbo??.....or turbo H???....i was gone for the 1st week in august and i was expexting an H swap... </TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know what you're talking about

Old 08-27-2004, 08:22 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VRDrvr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I don't know what you're talking about </TD></TR></TABLE>

what are your plans now man???........
Old 08-27-2004, 11:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best&Cheap Intake System? (SkylineGTR)

depends whr u live, the cops dont really bug me nor my friends.
Old 08-28-2004, 12:57 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by phoenixitc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But if you buy plain tubing, you don't get the cool sticker or emblem or label on the tube, you know... the thing that makes the cost so high! </TD></TR></TABLE>

the cool little sticker can save your sorry butt from getting ticket and pass your sorry **** in smog check.

think next time you speak, yeah?
Old 08-28-2004, 04:26 AM

Default Re: (2+2=5)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2+2=5 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

the cool little sticker can save your sorry butt from getting ticket and pass your sorry **** in smog check.

think next time you speak, yeah?</TD></TR></TABLE>

hey butthead! that's not the sticker i'm referring to... i'm referring to the manufacturer's sticker, like AEM or DC Sports.

jackass
Old 08-28-2004, 04:38 AM

Actually black absorbs heat, white or silver reflects heat.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:34 AM
Farts in the shower

Default Re: Best&Cheap Intake System? (GreenAcres)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GreenAcres &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Actually black absorbs heat, white or silver reflects heat.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Correct...BUT it dissipates it faster . Care to explain why my intake is cooler then?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fw190bvi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

what are your plans now man???........</TD></TR></TABLE>

In due time

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by phoenixitc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hey butthead! that's not the sticker i'm referring to... i'm referring to the manufacturer's sticker, like AEM or DC Sports.

jackass </TD></TR></TABLE>

That tone is not needed... Talk civil; there is no need to call people thos names.

Quick Reply: Best&Cheap Intake System?