Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

94 accord radiator fan wont work

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 accord radiator fan wont work

I recetly replaced the head gasket and timing belt and i also replaced EVERY part from the cooling system because the whole system was corroded. I changed every sensor for the cooling system, the cooling fan relay, and the cooling fan. Everything is brand new, but the fan will not turn on and the car will begin to heat up. Im out of ideas
Old 06-02-2019, 04:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: 94 accord radiator fan wont work

Well replacing stuff does not always = Good working stuff. Do both fans spin when you power up directly. When you say relay are you talking about the fan controller module behind the glove box or the pair of relays hanging off the side of the radiator? The fsm and plenty of posts on this site have detailed ts steps for finding the culprit. It possible you even have an open in one of the wires. For example in my 94 wagon I had a faulty a.c. fan relay, so I started with applying 12v to fan, it came on. Next I pulled the relay out and applied 12v to the coil, it didn't make a click or complete a continuity circuit, so that lead me to find the faulty relay. I checked other things like jumpering thermo sensor b and the main fan came on indicating wiring was good in some form.

And all of the techniques are from fsm, or a search on the site. Good luck with your fan issue
Old 06-08-2019, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Always check for last known source of power when T-shooting...
Old 06-18-2019, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by M.Sig
Always check for last known source of power when T-shooting...
Originally Posted by angrysmileyface
Well replacing stuff does not always = Good working stuff. Do both fans spin when you power up directly. When you say relay are you talking about the fan controller module behind the glove box or the pair of relays hanging off the side of the radiator? The fsm and plenty of posts on this site have detailed ts steps for finding the culprit. It possible you even have an open in one of the wires. For example in my 94 wagon I had a faulty a.c. fan relay, so I started with applying 12v to fan, it came on. Next I pulled the relay out and applied 12v to the coil, it didn't make a click or complete a continuity circuit, so that lead me to find the faulty relay. I checked other things like jumpering thermo sensor b and the main fan came on indicating wiring was good in some form.

And all of the techniques are from fsm, or a search on the site. Good luck with your fan issue
Originally Posted by Dapper Dan
I recetly replaced the head gasket and timing belt and i also replaced EVERY part from the cooling system because the whole system was corroded. I changed every sensor for the cooling system, the cooling fan relay, and the cooling fan. Everything is brand new, but the fan will not turn on and the car will begin to heat up. Im out of ideas
I figured it out... I tried to look up a schematic for the cooling fan and I found a pic that points out the radiator fan control module(attached to the glove conpartment assembly) , since I had half the dashboard dissasembled from the heater core replacement, the control module was never connected
Old 06-18-2019, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If you have EBSCOHOST from your local library, they have the Automotive Reference Guide (ARRC) or whatever its called now. Most older cars, especially hondas have some form of wiring guides equivalent to the helms on them.