Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

94 accord coupe bumper light "delete" DIY

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 accord coupe bumper light "delete" DIY

To me, the front end of the 5th gen accord coupe looks similar to the Jdm integra front end, if only for the placement of the accord's orange bumper lights/driving lights, whatever you want to call them. My idea was like on a 95 civic for example the dx has fog light cover pannels in the bumper, which is so there isnt holes in your bumper if you dont have fog lights, then if you want them you cut out the template and install fog lights. Because I have these aftermarket headlights with driving/running/marker/turn signal lights all in one the bumper lights wernt being used. I just removed the lights (easy aceess through small hole in the lower bumper grill right beside each light) and color matched them to the bumper w/ krylon plasti-fusion paint. Prep with a scotch brite pad, wash and spray away. The only thing that would look better than that is bondo over em and repaint the whole bumper, but this cost $5:
Old 12-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 94 accord coupe bumper light "delete" DIY

i know them emblem holes look stupid, previous owner removed all emblems, badly... I have red JDM ones on the way, EBAY SON!
Old 12-20-2012, 11:58 AM
He knows where you live!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Personally?

I think that's a terrible idea, and in Virginia potentially illegal. If you wanted them less noticeable, I would have suggested a few light coats of VHT Nightshades and tint them.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan
Personally?

I think that's a terrible idea, and in Virginia potentially illegal. If you wanted them less noticeable, I would have suggested a few light coats of VHT Nightshades and tint them.
actually, you're wrong, I'm a VA saftey inspector. The inspection handbook says if the lights are on there they must work, if they do not work, and are not needed (which mine arent because all the things you need are incorperated into the 1 piece aftermarket headlights- parking lights, turn signals, running lights) the law requires you to either remove them or you can actually put a piece of black duct tape over them, which is the same as painting them. Appreciate your suggestion though.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:10 PM
He knows where you live!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lunisic
actually, you're wrong, I'm a VA saftey inspector. The inspection handbook says if the lights are on there they must work, if they do not work, and are not needed (which mine arent because all the things you need are incorperated into the 1 piece aftermarket headlights- parking lights, turn signals, running lights) the law requires you to either remove them or you can actually put a piece of black duct tape over them, which is the same as painting them. Appreciate your suggestion though.
Now, I did admittedly just Google this, however it looks legitimate.

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp...19VAC30-70-190

The portions you're referencing seem to be for supplemental turn signals and not your standard ones. The lights you've install probably aren't DOT approved either - so illegal.

You do have 'supplemental' ones in your headlights, however have removed your standard ones.

Regarding the taping, it clearly says cracks with tape or glue are not permissible.

And then the last bullet would go over your unapproved lights (non-OEM).