Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"?

i got a 94 accord lx 2dr. came automatic, but i baught a smashed up 94 4dr accord wit f22 vtec an tranny an shift linkage ( basically its got all the parts i need to swap from auto to standard) but so yea.. i got the carpet ripped out an the dash is completly out to pull the wiring harness out to put in the wiring harness from the 5speed accord in mine so it can be standard, now im building this car to be pretty much a show car, got lots of **** done to but i wana know if any of you know anyone who has choppd the top of the roof down like a couple inches? i jus basically wana do something no one sees around enough. its gona be set up to be a strictly summer daytime car cause the heater core is comin out so i can run gauges behind the dash were the fan speed an temp. **** is. id like to know if i would have to get theigh windows made out of like a hard plastic like flexiglass or something, i know they make special windows for trucks made out of that stuff i jus dont know the name of it, i jus wana know if im gona run into any problems before i cut the roof off. thx
Old 01-22-2005, 07:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (dropdaccord)

honestly.......im speechless.....

i guess a for almost being origional......but i wouldnt mind seeing what itll look like...good luck what that
Old 01-22-2005, 08:44 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (fw190bvi)

sounds like a nice recipe for disaster. Good luck

great weight reduction method. ha
Old 01-22-2005, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

never heard this done on an accord before. best of luck and pls post pix when done
Old 01-22-2005, 09:49 PM

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (autorice)

that car is going to lean like a bastard
Old 01-23-2005, 07:23 AM

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (kniob)

you need to brace the **** out of the inside before you make a single cut on the roof or it's trashed. honestly it sounds lke your gettin in over your head but it would be cool. go to streetsouremag.com or other sites like that and ask around, you definatly won't find any help on HT.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (fknslmd)

thx for your inputs, what do you mean it would lean? you mean by cutting mayb like a 1/8" to much on one side accidently? now i know this sounds like somethin crazy but i wana buy like a couple $50-$100 beater cars an try choppin the top on them. my friend glenwood has a 88 s-10 with a chopped top like 3" i believe an it turned out f*ckin sweet. but i was tryin to see if anyone has done this to a car an what they had to do. thx again
Old 01-23-2005, 12:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Once you cut that roof off the car will lose a great portion of its structural integrity. Why not take it to an experienced body shop if you really want to get this done?

IMO, this is extremely pointless.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (pyrojeff)

My head is about 2 inches from the roof as it is. I could imagine myself trying to fit in that thing.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (matix)

you meight wanna do the math, and weight problems you meight get in. i have thought about things about this, but i was gonna take the whole top off and go convertable..lol i got someone that will do it ...but too too costy

this is just a idea.. this was a fast photo shop draft..lol

yes i know theres no seats.. its just a idea..haha

Modified by shadow_ridge at 4:59 PM 1/23/2005
Old 01-23-2005, 06:43 PM
99-0104

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (shadow_ridge)

the class of 04 is just amazing
Old 01-23-2005, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (Stripped Honda)

There's a green Accord Wagon that was made into a convertable. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Old 01-23-2005, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (limeaccord)

i dont think you can handle a project like this. ****, you can barely spell and construct a sentence. too much for you to handle
Old 01-23-2005, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (Advan06)

well, on hot rods you definately have to brace the car from the inside, meaning weld pipes from the left side of the car to the right, because when you cut the roof the body is gonna flex and distort in shape. Dont know how a honda will react because they're not made of steel like the old cars. it was done on Monster garage once and they show how to brace the car. Download the episode and watch.

Personally, I wouldnt do it, I'd rather spend that kinda cash on a nice NOS kit, but thats just me. Don't really have the patience for it either, unless someone else was doin it for me
Old 01-23-2005, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (limeaccord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by limeaccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There's a green Accord Wagon that was made into a convertable. Anyone know what I'm talking about?</TD></TR></TABLE> it wasnt a convertable is just had no top it was a wagon i member seeing it in import tuner awhile ago
Old 01-23-2005, 09:09 PM

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? ('00Accordster)

Dude...if you do it... put a mean f*king roll bar like in the TT or S2k type... its gonna look sweet.... and Good luck with your project.

ps are you the same guy who had an orange accord and now its blue?
Old 01-24-2005, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (ZexyAccord)

: slap :
Old 01-24-2005, 09:59 AM
Working

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (cd_5TUNR)

To do this you will have to brace the interior, and you will also have to weld pieces above and below the sections that you cut out so that everything lines up and is even. first thing to do is to take out the windows and all the trim. Then you will have to measure out where you want to cut and put in your supports. That is the easy part. Putting it back on and making it look good is tough. You have to make sure it is totally lined up and then put a couple tacs in just to hold it in place. The front and back glass will not line up so you are going to have to adjust the rake in the windows so that the ends will meet. Then measure and if everything is cool you can weld it back together. Just make sure that you don't overheat the metal cause honda sheet metal warps pretty easily. after it is back together you just have to go about getting windows custom made.

If you are not supremely good at body work then I would not try this. I helped do it on an old truck and it was way to damn hard. I would only do it again if I was building a show car.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (Stripped Honda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stripped Honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the class of 04 is just amazing </TD></TR></TABLE>
lol...
Old 01-24-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (cd_5TUNR)

ghey....
Old 01-24-2005, 06:26 PM

try taking the idea off a delsol... removeable hard top?? would be interesting to see one finally done.. saw on ebay a couple months back someone selling a accord 94 with the top chopped but never finished.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i hate to be a dick but if it's gonna be all show and no go anyway...why bother with the conversion? just leave it an automatic if it's gonna be a showcar.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:36 PM

Default peace of mind

aight look, i am good with body work, i got 2 uncles who are autobody. i got a 93 delsol with a 98 D16 motor in it. making things that arnt normal an making them normal or easy is what i like to do. i like seeing replies with help an pointers, i dont care to see * its gona be dumb, invest in NOS* stuff like that i dont read. you may think this might be extremly hard an this an that but it really isnt all that hard, woohoo all you really basically gota do is set up a nice roll cage inside an make sure nothin flexes when u take the top off, that isnt all that hard when you have to tools to get it done. its not like im doin this in the back of my yard lol, an far as the reply on keeping it automatic.. screw that, maybe most of you dont understand what im trying to accomplish.. this accord i have, i dont plan on having it done like in a couple months, it basically wont be street ready for like another year an a half. im in no hurry to get this done, and for the one who posted a pic of the car with no top, haha sorry bro im not tryin to make it a conv., conv. are gay, thats my opinion. ya know its jus the whole point of taking something of this magnitude an getting pointers an thumbs up an ppl saying i wana see it when its done or its gona be sweet if u pull it off that makes me wana do it. so keep the pointers an suggestions comming in, im printing the good ones an putting them in a folder, i will have pics of my car on here within a couple days of the inside gutted out an taking the wiring harness out. keep it comin, thx
Old 01-25-2005, 02:09 PM
New User

Default Re: peace of mind (dropdaccord)

i've seen s14's and skylines with chopped tops, and it honestly looks amzing...i think it'd be tight to see how much sleeker and sportier an accord would look with a chopped top...i'm guessing that all the windows will have to be custom made to fit such a lower roof unless you have somehow figured out how to get around that...but it would also be cool to see a removable hardtop as well, just to have that open air...i've personally been trying to figure out how to do a clean rear seat delete in my coupe (to an oem look) without looking like it's all gay and stuff...the only real ideas that have been plausable would just turn into a huge trunk...anyways, have fun with your project, and definitely keep us updated as to how it comes along...
Old 01-25-2005, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: peace of mind (Nick H)

it'll be an interesting piece... if you are to pursue this project, post pictures after it's done.
you must have a pretty thick wallet to actually go through something like this.

Quick Reply: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"?