Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

2Piston Legend Calipers on my SIR Accord! *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 2Piston Legend Calipers on my SIR Accord! *pics* (greensleeper)

ok 1 thing at a time..

see_fu: i explained it on that other forum which basically states that since you dont have a 5th gen you dont have hub over rotor so in your case you have to use 4th gen prelude vtec 11.2 rotors which suit exactly to your app.

dvp95: yeah their the brackets labeled 28T meaning their meant for a 28mm rotor which is what the legend uses, typer is 25mm and so is the Nsx and the V6 is 23mm.

Ti1301: my model accord is the LX no ABS, so yes it came with rear drums, so i did a conversion and now i have EX rear discs which are NISSIN calipers

Escobar: you would not be able to bolt up legend calipers to your setup, its not about the rotor size but how your braking system is set up, the only way you can bolt up legend calipers is if your rotors came stock 11.2 which means NSX, V6 accord- wagon, ITR ..so if you wanted to do this you would have to change over to ITR 5 lug suspension. otherwise look into other means of braking, such as a kit from willwood or baer, im sure there not that expensive compared to otherwise.

ps- escobar you might be a lil confused, if your still using a stock setup for braking there is no way you can just slap 11.5" rotors without having to move back your calipers so recheck your size and get back to us.
Old 08-16-2002, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well are they for an Accord Wagon? Where did you get them? Seems strange you have these rotors but know nothing about them.
No wagon.. see my sig. I bought them over the internet about a year and a half ago. I know everything about them exept the size... i called powerslot and they said it's an exact OE replacement in terms of size. So whatever a 4-door Accord EX comes with I guess is the size I currently have. I can post a pic if need be.
Old 08-16-2002, 09:02 AM

Default Re: 2Piston Legend Calipers on my SIR Accord! *pics* (chameleon)

Escobar: you would not be able to bolt up legend calipers to your setup, its not about the rotor size but how your braking system is set up, the only way you can bolt up legend calipers is if your rotors came stock 11.2 which means NSX, V6 accord- wagon, ITR ..so if you wanted to do this you would have to change over to ITR 5 lug suspension. otherwise look into other means of braking, such as a kit from willwood or baer, im sure there not that expensive compared to otherwise.

ps- escobar you might be a lil confused, if your still using a stock setup for braking there is no way you can just slap 11.5" rotors without having to move back your calipers so recheck your size and get back to us.
According to Powerslot they're OE size. So whatever an 1997 Accord 4-door EX has stock is the size I'm currently running.
Old 08-16-2002, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2Piston Legend Calipers on my SIR Accord! *pics* (Escobar)

WHOA!!! escobar dont know how but since it seemed like it was a civic in your avatar i had asumed you were asking because you had a civic, huge apologies bro ..i was way off hehe... yes everything i have mentioned will work for you. stock OEM is 10.2 so you will need to upsize to 11.2 ..whew!

anyone that needs civic advise well its up above
Old 08-16-2002, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

man chameleon, those calpiers are a pain in the *** to find. Im in colorado and have called the junkyards, that have called the others, and there is nothing in colorado. He said to maybe call the other junkyards and hope that they have a legend that they just got in and havent inventoried yet. Yeah right, fat chance. I have called woodfins, and Olstens and they dont have it. Websites charge a core, like nopi. I dont know if I wanna give up my stock ones incase soemthing happens, and I dont even know if they would take accord ones for legend ones. WHAT DO I DO??? I WANT THIS SOOOOOO BAD!!!
Old 08-16-2002, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2Piston Legend Calipers on my SIR Accord! *pics* (dvp95)

damn and screw new, $180 a piece not including tax is nothing short of a rip off.
Old 08-16-2002, 10:08 AM

I dont know if I wanna give up my stock ones incase soemthing happens, and I dont even know if they would take accord ones for legend ones.
I'll sell you my old stockers. so you got something to send for a core and can still have reserve cailpers. most places won't even know the difference. when the core comes in they look at it, confirm it is a caliper and then turn around and sell it to some company that refurbs them. they don't give a ****. the refurb company gives them a flat fee usually.

pm me.
Old 08-16-2002, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

a great place to find them is http://www.car-part.com
do a nationwide search!
Old 08-16-2002, 11:48 AM

ok 1 thing at a time..
dvp95: yeah their the brackets labeled 28T meaning their meant for a 28mm rotor which is what the legend uses, typer is 25mm and so is the Nsx and the V6 is 23mm.
Are you sure the V6 are 23mm? the wagon definately is 25mm wide (helms), and uses the 25T bracket.

And to confirm w/ chameleon, the wagon rotors are 11.1 or 11.2", not 11.5".
Old 08-16-2002, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2Piston Legend Calipers on my SIR Accord! *pics* (TypeSH)

yeah man, 23mm says so on my brembo accord v6 calipers.
you can double check on http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com
Old 08-16-2002, 07:36 PM
CC2

What kind of wheels are those?
Did you have to paint them black?
Btw, ride looks sweet.
Old 08-16-2002, 08:04 PM

hmm... hondaautomotiveparts.com has the same part number for the 95 wagon and the 95 V6. My 94 helms says the wagon rotor is 25mm wide, which is why I assume they are all 25mm wide. No V6 for the 94 year, so my helms doesnt cover it... anyone confirm the size?
Old 08-17-2002, 12:44 AM
New User

what other rotors can i use for my 6th gen accord? the 4th gen prelude Vtec wont fit on mine. Well I'm not sure, but when i do a search for 4th gen prelude vtec rotors it doesn't list my 6th gen accord as a compatible car. When I do a search for a non vtec prelude it list my accord as a donor so i'm guessing that the vtec rotor wont fit. what else can i use? I've got a 4 cyl 6th gen accord.
Old 08-17-2002, 01:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2Piston Legend Calipers on my SIR Accord! *pics* (see_fu)

see_fu its so funny how your overlooking everything.. of course its not gonna list your car with the Vtec rotors as compatible ..you DONT have calipers that will clear those size rotors.. so no your not gonna be compatible.. but once you have the calipers you can fit that size.. so that means 4th gen prelude vtec rotors are your best bet. their 11.2" their 4lug and their rotor over hub.
Old 08-17-2002, 01:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hmm... hondaautomotiveparts.com has the same part number for the 95 wagon and the 95 V6. My 94 helms says the wagon rotor is 25mm wide, which is why I assume they are all 25mm wide. No V6 for the 94 year, so my helms doesnt cover it... anyone confirm the size?
if it makes it easier for you guys then get the wagon ones, that means you save 2mm in travel ..good job!
Old 08-17-2002, 01:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2Piston Legend Calipers on my SIR Accord! *pics* (CC2)

What kind of wheels are those?
Did you have to paint them black?
Btw, ride looks sweet.
wheels are rota's and no i didnt paint them. i started a GB with machiii.net for rota to custom make them. thanks for the comment! its fast too!
Old 08-17-2002, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damnit i just called nopi, and they said that i calipers i send in have to be the legend ones. this project is pissing me off now. I just paid for some wheels and want some nice brakes to go along, but thats not working
Old 08-18-2002, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thats why i waited to do my conversion before putting my rims on but i made sure to time it so they would be done together.
Old 08-18-2002, 08:14 AM

I've had my conversion (wagon calipers, brembo blanks, HP+ pads, goodridge lines) for a couple weeks now. And they squeel like biotches!!! The pads dust like mad too.

Is anyone else got the same thing?? What exactly makes brakes squeel?

Any one have aggressive pads that do not dust like crazy??
Old 08-18-2002, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah man, i always lived with the tought that Axxis metal master were the shyet but in reality they were squeaking louder than a mouse being stepped on.. and dusted like crazy.. so i decided to go with something different this time around.. on the conversion ive been using AEM Nissin pads and they stop pretty good, dust is minimal i mean i doubt u can ever get rid of the dust prob.
Old 08-18-2002, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shims (from a set of factory pads) on the pads with a layer of "brake quiet" between the pad and shim should keep them quiet.
Old 08-18-2002, 08:33 AM

ive been using AEM Nissin pads and they stop pretty good, dust is minimal i mean i doubt u can ever get rid of the dust prob.
no more squeeling?
Old 08-18-2002, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no more squeeling?
nope, none yet.
Old 08-18-2002, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Squeel is not always a factor of the pad material, but the entire pad/backing plate vibrating within the caliper and emitting a high frequency squeel. The shim with a layer of brake quiet on it will dampen all that noise.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no more squeeling?

nope, none yet.
my axis ultimates are dead quiet and stop very well

Quick Reply: 2Piston Legend Calipers on my SIR Accord! *pics*