Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

2002 Accord Dash/Shifter Lights Out and Clicking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 06:04 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Accord Dash/Shifter Lights Out and Clicking Noise

I have a 2002 Accord SE that has some interior lights that have gone out recently. Both the dealership and my local mom & pop mechanic have looked at it to no avail, so I figured I'd check here to see if anyone has any ideas. Here's the general timeline:

Low gas indicator light was out for about a year or so. When I took my car to the dealership for its (second) airbag recall, I asked them to look at it. They said it was a blown bulb and replaced it. Later that day when my gas level was low enough, I noticed the light was still not working and that also the D4 dash light was also out. I brought the car back to the dealership, and they said connections were loose and they tightened them up...but sure enough those same 2 lights were still not working.

About a month later, the backlight on the odometer went out. I took it into an independent mechanic, and he determined it wasn't blown bulbs but we decided not to look further. Since then, the lights on the shifter have gone out, and I just noticed tonight that when I shift between P and R or between R and N there's a slight clicking sound coming from the dash/steering wheel column. There's no click when shifting between other gears.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Last edited by shawar; 06-21-2019 at 07:45 AM.