Hawaii & Asia-Pacific Hawaiian / Pacific Islands

Keep Hawaii Green

Old 12-04-2008, 06:26 AM

Default Keep Hawaii Green

http://greenwombat.blogs.fortune.cnn...ce=yahoo_quote

"Governor Linda Lingle said the Better Place partnership offers the state the opportunity to slash the $7 billion it spends annually on imported oil and provide a market for renewable energy. Hawaiians pay some of the highest gasoline prices in the U.S. and the state has set a goal of obtaining 70% of its energy from solar, wind and other renewable sources by 2030."

“This will be the blueprint where six or seven million visitors will come and experience first-hand what it’s like to drive an electric car,” added Agassi, 40, a former top executive at business software giant SAP. “You couldn’t ask for a better advertisement.”

“The price of oil is irrelevant to us - we have to reach a clean and secure energy future,” Lingle said."

Sounds like a great idea. This last statement is refreshing. It's not about the $$$$. It's about being clean.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Hmmm...

ummmm i believe in going green, sure, but is there one that can go at least 60 and its freeway safe? if so, how much would it be? can we afford it during this decline in the economy? i say great idea, just bad timing, maybe when things get better it will catch on, i say these types of cars will be around every corner in the future, it is just going to take a while....i guess kinda like how the transition from steam to gasoline vehicles were
Old 12-11-2008, 05:59 AM

That's 20+ years from now. So we are talking about 5 Governor terms. I hope they will support it too.