Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

The Official EF Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (b16chaos)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16chaos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no wiper motor?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Everybody knows ipod mini and wipers are for girls.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nickrps)

I removed the wiring harness and plug from my wiper motor, but I'm not sure if I have the ***** to remove the motor yet. I'm afraid I'll get stuck somewhere and it will pour.

I figured if I take the wipers out, I might as well take out the heat too.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (civicandy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicandy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I removed the wiring harness and plug from my wiper motor, but I'm not sure if I have the ***** to remove the motor yet. I'm afraid I'll get stuck somewhere and it will pour.

I figured if I take the wipers out, I might as well take out the heat too.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Therein lies the difference; you guys drive your cars in the rain. I do not. No heat and wipers for me...it's a track car. If I know it's raining at an upcoming track day, I'll just bolt the motor back up and plug it in. Done.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's not a daily car, but it does get cool at nights in the spring and fall here. I like the idea of leaving the wiring for the wiper motor under the dash, and just putting it in if I need it
Old 02-26-2008, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This may be extremely ignorant and for that I am sorry. But what is the benefit of an aftermarket LCA such as the MFactory over the OEM version? I mean I don't understand how it would make handling or ride quality any better or worse.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (RockinthEFhatch)

The benefit is the weight savings, the cool factor, and the bushings. Certain Mfacotry lcas use spherical bushings which are much more rigid than rubber bushings, and only allow the bushing to travel in certain directions. Many people (Myself included) just buy new LCAs because they needed new bushings and the aftermarket ones were cheaper.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Chronicsinners)

i love the no vtec license plate. ha
Old 02-26-2008, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pandarex)

anybody know if there is steering wheel spacer for momo wheels? i want my wheel to be closer to my body so my knees don't hit it.

oh, and I see Sport Compact Car has started a new project. ED6 vs. NSX. Looks interesting
Old 02-26-2008, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i happened to acquire a car phone that came out of a DA and was wondering if anyone has seen people put them in efs.... mainly for mounting point ideas.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i hate innovative. terrible customer service, no instructions with ANY part they sell, and the products are not of the same quality as HASport's.

here's a pic of the bushings sliding out after 7k miles:

I've also noticed that dropping an engine in is noticeably more difficult when using those mounts compared to HASport.

However, when comparing Billet Aluminum to Steel the notes i can make are that the steel mounts are welded, and the aluminum mounts are solid chunks of aluminum. Aluminum is a much weaker metal then steel when comparing equal thicknesses. But the HASport mounts are much thicker then the steel mounts. And they still weigh less. I wouldnt worry about the strength of that aluminum, really. but i would inspect those welds regularly. Thats my bias opinion.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (EFOSV.)

cracked the oil pan driving in LA and motor blew from oil starvation. just never did a rebuild (and i'm hitting myself over the head everyday for it). after which i just started to part the car out. i need to get myself back in another one though.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (g2_teg_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by g2_teg_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i hate innovative.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

They look like crap too. Not even smooth finished. I like my hasports. The fit and finish is definatly worth the money. I have a hard time believing that people even use any of the other mounts. Like G2_Teg says, the aluminum is plenty strong. It's just as thick and solid as anything else bolted to aluminum on the engine or tranny.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicandy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anybody know if there is steering wheel spacer for momo wheels? i want my wheel to be closer to my body so my knees don't hit it.

oh, and I see Sport Compact Car has started a new project. ED6 vs. NSX. Looks interesting </TD></TR></TABLE>

I would think that a SRR extender would prolly work, i dont know where you could buy one though

Any link to ED6 vs nsx, i refuse to buy the mag
Old 02-26-2008, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't know if there is a link. Maybe on their website. They are the last magazine I have subscription to. I let my Honda Tuning run out because I got tired of seeing the same crap over and over. SCC has good articles and tech, but I will admit, I miss the old editors.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Those LCA's look like they're the ****! Since they inspire me to do more to my suspension what else should I look to get? I currently have the Progress Coilovers but my car sucks at turning left and the right front wheel seems to feel loose when I do turn... any input is appreciated guys, thanks
Old 02-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RockinthEFhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> </TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn, me sees and me's likes. Man I can't wait to be done with some of our home projects so I can get back to working on the CRX and Civic. So much to do.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (g2_teg_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by g2_teg_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i hate innovative. terrible customer service, no instructions with ANY part they sell, and the products are not of the same quality as HASport's.

I've also noticed that dropping an engine in is noticeably more difficult when using those mounts compared to HASport.

However, when comparing Billet Aluminum to Steel the notes i can make are that the steel mounts are welded, and the aluminum mounts are solid chunks of aluminum. Aluminum is a much weaker metal then steel when comparing equal thicknesses. But the HASport mounts are much thicker then the steel mounts. And they still weigh less. I wouldnt worry about the strength of that aluminum, really. but i would inspect those welds regularly. Thats my bias opinion. </TD></TR></TABLE>

All good points...especially the directions part, but mine have performed well thus far. If you want mounts that look oem and don't want the bling, I'd still recommend these.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RockinthEFhatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> [img]
Those LCA's look like they're the ****! Since they inspire me to do more to my suspension what else should I look to get? I currently have the Progress Coilovers but my car sucks at turning left and the right front wheel seems to feel loose when I do turn... any input is appreciated guys, thanks
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Right front wheel seems loose? Hmmmmmmmm.

Consider the fact that most of our cars are nearing 20 years old and some of our cars are exactly 20. I tore down my entire suspension and brakes last year for a full rebuild/restore. I replaced bushings, powdercoated suspension parts (rta's, front lca's, etc.) replaced hubs, bearings, studs, installed wilwoods etc.

If you want your car to handle better and fresh, you may want to think about an overhaul on your good 'ol ED.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nickrps &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

All good points...especially the directions part, but mine have performed well thus far. If you want mounts that look oem and don't want the bling, I'd still recommend these. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yea...i like black better then polished too. but its not worth sacrificing the other things.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nickrps &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yay Rywire...

and

and
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nice clean engine bay man.... Very impressed

EF's always prevail in looking nice
Old 02-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B16CRXT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16CRXT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm gonna take it to a shop near my house soon and get them to run through the gears on a lift.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do it yourself. Support the front end under the lca's. Also, the problem may not show itself since there will be virtually no load.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fourthgenhatchB17)

If any of you know how to read smog charts, help me out please.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2235690
Old 02-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have EF CF hatches in stock $390
Old 02-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDMkidMARC)

what traction bars are you guys running?

thoughts? feelings? opinions? etc...

Im getting ready to buy mine... I've done some research and have it narrowed down...but your opinions are what I really want to hear.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DOHC_C-REX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DOHC_C-REX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what traction bars are you guys running?

thoughts? feelings? opinions? etc...

Im getting ready to buy mine... I've done some research and have it narrowed down...but your opinions are what I really want to hear.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I had an lcon (piece of ****) Now i run fullrace. It seems to be the best design (Read their webpage for a nice right up) I was upset that mine came rusted and full race didnt respond to me email .

Quick Reply: The Official EF Discussion Thread