Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

Offical eH squad list.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 03:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Offical eH squad list.

What up yo! I had F&F type 1's on my hatch, and i had no complaints.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:52 AM
Spongebrad Squarepants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A little less than an hour, then I leave work to head to IA, I mean, WMHM!! Pumped.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Egezzy
A little less than an hour, then I leave work to head to IA, I mean, WMHM!! Pumped.
Lol. Jealous.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice get it in Bradley. I want to see you to quick. Better get some good footage sans wind noise!
Old 07-20-2013, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Random question. Power locks stopped working in my front passenger and both rears. Driver side still works. Aftermarket alarm setup. all locks still move freely and smooth manually. Anyone have a common experience?
Old 07-21-2013, 08:38 PM
PSU
formerly DxHatchback

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hatchy69
What up yo! I had F&F type 1's on my hatch, and i had no complaints.
Wooo, thank you sir.

They should be in soon.

Picked up these wheels last night and then the center caps today:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vivalarevels/9338542669/
Still have a LONG way to go.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:04 AM
Spongebrad Squarepants

Well, that was a long weekend. I am whipped.

I didn't expect it to be "so bad", but now I understand why most guys/ladies who put on these types of events don't drive in those events. I was everywhere, from working grid to talking to instructors/students. Plus, driving my own car and making sure it was "ready" before each session. I was on some used RA1s and they interesting to say the least. I chased that car all over the place. I did a reverse entry into T1, the guy working the control tower said "nice save, I thought that you were going into the fence." Silly hill at the peak of threshold braking makes the rear a tad light. Anyways, hopefully more to follow.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:53 PM
Spongebrad Squarepants

Ok, I'll try to touch on a bit more. Still tired and don't feel like doing anything, but sleeping.

I got there Friday night around 7pm after getting gas and going to WalMart. I took my time getting everything out of the car and swapping wheels, etc. I got everything done right before sundown. Then, the rain came and that stunk. We were literally in a 5 mile radius of red spots on the radar coming right at us. We went through like 3 of those crazy 5-10 minute storms. After the last one, bed time.

Saturday morning, drivers' meeting, instructors' meeting, and then the beginners' meeting. The beginners' meeting took up basically all of the advanced time and I had to work on grid making sure that all of the intermediate students had an instructor for their first session. So, I missed my first session of the day. That was a sign for the rest of the weekend.

The rest of Saturday was me talking to everyone, from regular chats to instructors about this certain person, etc. So, between that and getting my car ready and driving, I was non-stop. Even after the last session, a few of us went to help set up/cook for the dinner.

Of course, this shirt was the talk of the day.

I didn't stay up too late on Saturday because I was feeling it, plus this head cold wasn't helping.

Sunday morning rolled around and I got an early jump. I went and got gas, plus grabbed some medication. I rode with a local guy for the first beginner session. After that it was time for the parade laps, then the all Honda parade/picture laps. South Haven has a noise ordinance law, so the track is cold from 10am-12pm on Sunday. I took the opportunity to take a 2 hour nap. That sucks because there is tons of chat time during that, but I NEEDED to feel better. Luke, the other lead instructor left early, so I had to keep track of the beginners and when/if they were signed off, etc. I wanted to be out of there early, but I had to also help work pit out/grid for Gingerman. So, that sat me back on tent teardown. I ended up not leaving Gingerman until after 6pm, then I had dinner at Arby's with a few buddies. So, by the time I left South Haven around 730pm and stopping once to relax/get myself together. I didn't get home until right before midnight.

Onto the driving portion..

I bought these RA1 takeoffs from people who are frequent in the racing community, etc. But, not knowing the condition, ie. buying, driving on them, storing them, I wanted to feel them out. As I said before, I missed the first go round of sessions. I also went into the weekend wanting to work on different things. Everyone seems to get fixated on that "DE mindset" of "GO FAST". Yes, that is the ultimate goal, but you don't learn nor work on anything else. So, I wanted to do shock setup changes, etc going into the weekend. But, the plan had to change once I missed out on the first session.

So, my first session, I went out and the tires seemed to have decent grip in a straight line braking application. But, laterally, the tires were eh. I didn't have a lot of trust in them, but I wanted to get heat in them. Then, I got stuck in a train.

So, I had to give them another session. Which would be session 3 of the day, but the second for me. That session went fine, but the tires were still "eh". Oh well, party on, Garth!!

The last session, I decided to go out and try out left foot foot threshold braking. It worked out well, better than expected. I had only left foot braked there in two spots, T2 and between T5-6 which are pretty light in the brake department.

https://vimeo.com/70797588

Work is coming to a close, so quick like..

Sunday, I worked on off line stuff, normally I run the dampers 50% stiff in the front and 75% in the rear, so I did one session at 75/75, and another at 50/50, then I drove a Miata.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sweet pics and summary of the weekend Brad. Sounds like a rough weekend but you still had a good time.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:27 AM
Spongebrad Squarepants

Right foot(left foot only in T2 and a touch between t5-6) braking.
https://vimeo.com/70871560

Left foot braking. First time trying it at a threshold type "level".
Old 07-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dat facial hair doe.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Brad Sounds like a good weekend to me!
Old 07-23-2013, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the post Brad. Looked like a good weekend. Bummer about your seat time and head cold though.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Egezzy
Left foot braking. First time trying it at a threshold type "level".
How do you feel with your left foot braking? I play around with it from time to time with more spirited driving. Obviously much different for you on the track though. Also, why the LS trans? Im sure weve talked about it before, or you had mentioned it before...but its been a while. Haha.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im alive!!!!

I haven't been on h-t in ages....I missed wmhm but did see brads car getting towed out of the infield on fb

I got some catching u pto do
Old 07-24-2013, 08:31 AM
Spongebrad Squarepants

The LS trans story is, I had a slight grind in my B16 trans which was Japanese. So, I bought a "GSR" trans from a somewhat local guy. Well, it ended up being a LS trans. I had an ITR diff that was a USDM piece. The diff was blown up in the LS, so it was just a long process of mating this to that and seeing what worked. What doesn't work is a USDM diff in a JDM trans. So, long story short, to get it to work, we had to used the B16 main and counter shafts with the LS gear stacks for it to work.

As far as left foot braking, I do it around town and whenever I drive an automatic. I have done it on track a few times, but never at a threshold type level. At Gingerman, I would do it at T2 which is a maybe 60% "dab" on the pedal. And, between T5-6 which is a "rotation type jab". The first couple laps, I would put my left foot out to remind myself and after that I didn't have to think about it.

Obviously, I don't think that the sensitivity is there. It is close, but I'm guessing 5% off. You can see the car getting a bit loose in T1 during both sessions. But, later in the day I had two big moments, one bigger than the other.

With the bigger brakes, I can and have compressed a lot of my brake zones. Well, T1 means threshold at the peak of the hill. So, when still threshold the rear gets light and the rear likes to step. One session, it stepped out, I released some pressure, it stayed out, so I released more pressure. The rear continued to stay out and at this point my "aiming" point was past the Armco. So, I said screw it and got off the brakes, then hammered down. I went basically 4 off, straight through T1 and kept trucking. No black flags, etc, but I still came in. A buddy and his girlfriend were watching on the front straight. He said that it looked gnarly and thought that I was going to hit the wall. Due to less weight in the rear and the "aggressive" rear pads, the rears did slightly lock up. He said that there was smoke, so I was glad to make it out of that one.

A session later in the day, I pushed it a bit too far again. But, this time, it was gone immediately. There was no turning back on this one. Once I hit the brakes, I was D1 reverse entry style into T1. At first, I thought that the Armco might become my friend, but luckily, it was just a big under-rotated 180. As the car looses speed backwards, I hammer the gas and it "digs" me out. But, now I am facing the grass between T1 and pit out. So, I just lift and take the grass while throwing the "Slayer" out the window. I proceeded out as if I was coming out of the pits. I used the blend line, etc. Pretty funny, but a big moment regardless. Later when I was working the grid, the guy working the "command tower"/main flagstand before T1 told me that it was an amazing save because he thought for sure that I was putting it in the Armco.

With the karting, etc, the left foot is better than what I expected. But, I think it still needs some fine tuning, even major tuning. haha. I'm always wanting to work on "my game". And, at this point, I am over the DE mindset. I think that Lemons race helped me "see the light". I worked on off line stuff which I have done before, but it was at a "slower" pace. Now, I actually push the brake zones, etc, plus act like there is a car there. I did some shock adjustments to see what the differences would be. I have only done that once in 4 years, so I think I am headed in the right direction. Then, obviously, the left foot threshold deal. It doesn't hurt to have spare tools in the tool box. The last session of the day was in the Miata. I went back to the right foot, even for T2 and T5-6. The "switchback" was no big deal. So, I am excited about the adaptability. It was nice to be in a Miata with a lowered seat, etc because driving a stock Miata, they are hard to heel-toe because my knees are in the steering column. The fifth point harness was a bit snug on my right thigh, so I had to get used to that. Also, the car didn't have a dead pedal which really threw me for a loop. haha. Very fun car though.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice. I'm glad things driving wise are going well and you're working on your technique.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It is time fella's to say good bye and move on.
95 b18b swap with aem intake, no name header, axle's, wire harness, L bracket, usdm p75, itr shift linkage with es bushings, transmission needs re-built-1000obo
949 6uls silver 15x8 +40 with 225/45/15 toyo r888's that are pretty fresh still and still have paint inbetween the treads-1000obo
Koni yellow ots with ground control sleeve and ext top hats, 600lbs front 650 rear, with hypercoil helper springs and perchs-1150 obo less then a 100 miles on them.
Ex/si cluster-150
Nrg eg/dc hub, quick release, and momo comp 350mm combo-225 will not part.
F7 rear lca's eg/dc-150
Asr sub-frame brace and 24mm rsb 200 will not separate firm price.
Goodrich ss brake lines-50
Optional radio console gray-150
Usdm ford cup and coin holder-40obo
Power window set-up for eg sedan-200 for everything all switches work.
Eg9 stanley corners-75 firm
Denji blue lens head lights-100obo
Depot clear fog lights-50
Eg9 oem lip-75
Eg9-splash flaps-50
Mugen pedal set real-75
Old 07-26-2013, 03:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by cranberry
949 6uls silver 15x8 +40 with 225/45/15 toyo r888's that are pretty fresh still and still have paint inbetween the treads-1000obo
Dang, I need to sell my Kosei's and buy these!
Old 07-26-2013, 04:01 AM
Spongebrad Squarepants

Old 07-26-2013, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If I had cash man. **** I'd buy the 949s. If you don't mind me asking, why the part out?
Old 07-26-2013, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by gabebauman
Dang, I need to sell my Kosei's and buy these!
Do it. The r888's are @95% left.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Banner
If I had cash man. **** I'd buy the 949s. If you don't mind me asking, why the part out?
Just time to move on. I'm at a different point in my life. Also I'm working on getting my commercial driver lic, the school is going to set me back 1500 bucks. I also plan on getting an e36.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by cranberry
Do it. The r888's are @95% left.
LOL...even if I were able to sell them...I'd still probably be about $700 short. Haha

I love the R888's
Old 07-28-2013, 08:09 PM
PSU
formerly DxHatchback

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Repost from the other thread:

Hopefully you guys can help me:

The wiring for my corner lights is all hacked up and pretty much non-existent anymore.

Could you guys tell me what I need, and where I could order, whatever plugs into the gray socket (Part No. 33302-SR3-A01). I have new sockets, but need the end that connects the wiring to the socket.

I can't remember what it looks like. When my car was stolen they ripped everything out.

Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: Offical eH squad list.