Notices
Group Threads Club, Large Multi-Region Group, "Squad" Discussions

Offical eH squad list.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 02:01 PM
Spongebrad Squarepants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Offical eH squad list.

might as well. you will meet a lot of people, especially from the forums.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SHG_Felliphe
Yeah that's what I was leaning towards the end. Just sign up and pray that I can make it lol. I'll have a lot of time to work after school is over so I could make it happen but after making my list I realized how much money I'll actually need and what needs to be done. There are always extra expenses that come up and I didn't want to have every dollar that I make riding on this lol.

Plus I am going to Brazil this summer for my cousin's graduation parties so I need to bring some dough for that.

If you see my list you will understand lol.
dude i have seen a tercel killing it at leguna seca no mods other then tires. if your car brakes and can move then bam. having a well dialed car for your first events isnt going to make it any better due to the fact you have to learn braking points, how the cars going to handle, and weather changes you cant figure that in. Only reason why im not going to my first event which would of been sunday, is because im trying to become a home owner and im paying for my parents 25th wedding anniversary. Like brad said you just have to get the first one out of the way, plus upgrade are nice to feel after you know what you car does.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right. I can "figure out" what the car needs after I get a track day under my belt but its not so much prepping my car with rollcages, B swap, mad tite jdm suspension. Its about getting the maintenance out of the way. If you txt me your email I'll send you my list.

My goal for this year was to address bugs/issues and get a clean slate of a car for next year, I wouldn't want to take my car to the track without a timing belt done (motor has at least 220k), bad steering rack, 20 year old bushings, old spark plugs/wires/rotor/cap/coolant, etc...

Its my only car and I couldn't afford to have it break down at the track because of something I ignored. When the time is right I'll get out there, possibly this year but towards the summer if things go well.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Egezzy
might as well. you will meet a lot of people, especially from the forums.
Yeah.

I have a two year plan. Kate said after we finish building our garage (6 car...:p), I can have a dedicated track/autox car. Sounds like a deal to me.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:28 PM
Spongebrad Squarepants

6 car, wow.

Claudio, good thinking. Especially after that timing belt stat.

Also, going to the track with just a "tire" mod is sketchy. I would do pads and fluid first. Also, the cooling system needs to be addressed on a stock radiator.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Right exactly. Brad send me your current email (the one I have here on my contacts is brapcitybitch@aol.com)

I have no idea when the belt was done and I'm sure the previous owner didn't do it. It could of been done once but its time for another one anyways at that mileage... I need at least a coolant flush lol.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Spongebrad Squarepants

My handle at g mail.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

6 car, wow.
Yeah, her idea. Weird. We have a bunch if room at out new house abd that's the only thing missing is a garage. We plan on doing three door, two cars deep. Gonna get at least one Titan lift, possibly two. :p
Old 03-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dang what do you do for a living lol. Selling crack cocaine? lol
Old 03-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn well sounds like i will do my very best to make it to WMHM....but damn i was trying to make it to import alliance this year...two big weekends in a row
Old 03-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No import alliance for me this year. North Carolina...fawk that shiz.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Spongebrad Squarepants

No ia for me, unless I get into the canibeat booth.

Claudio, a quick look of your list, good stuff. I think you would be better off with a hp+ pad before a dtc60.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

For a better learning curve?
Old 03-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I track my car on no name brand all season tires and OEM pads.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Spongebrad Squarepants

For a better learning curve?
For one and your "speed" won't be there, so you won't necessarily need them. Plus, you can drive to and from on hp+ without an issue. I drove to and from gingerman on xr3s, not a lot of stoplights, so I let it be.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Right. I can "figure out" what the car needs after I get a track day under my belt but its not so much prepping my car with rollcages, B swap, mad tite jdm suspension. Its about getting the maintenance out of the way. If you txt me your email I'll send you my list.

My goal for this year was to address bugs/issues and get a clean slate of a car for next year, I wouldn't want to take my car to the track without a timing belt done (motor has at least 220k), bad steering rack, 20 year old bushings, old spark plugs/wires/rotor/cap/coolant, etc...

Its my only car and I couldn't afford to have it break down at the track because of something I ignored. When the time is right I'll get out there, possibly this year but towards the summer if things go well.
imo tracking your only car is a huge risk no matter what you do and if its your only car its even bigger of a risk; may need to wait till you have the funds to buy a daily.
Now for me i really keep up with all my fluids. i have no choice. I change my coolent when it turns summer and when it turns winter, i do my gear oil 3-4 times a year, and about every 45 days give or take i have to change my oil. Now given my current job i drive 200-250 miles a day. do the math. I push the limit of my oil and its why i run the oil i run. Plugs are done every 3-4 months to keep my mpg good! Your being smart, but i would really consider putting money away for a geo metro or something so that way if your car brakes you have a fall back. I have the 07 lx i can drive if i really need to. Only reason why i auto x or will track my car.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What happened to that guy who changed his oil every two weeks?
Old 03-27-2012, 11:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dang what do you do for a living lol. Selling crack cocaine? lol
I go to college and have a full time job. I make decent money I suppose. Kate is opening a business here in a couple weeks.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SpecialKay
What happened to that guy who changed his oil every two weeks?
Im gonna see him Saturday night possibly.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Banner
No ia for me, unless I get into the canibeat booth.

Claudio, a quick look of your list, good stuff. I think you would be better off with a hp+ pad before a dtc60.

yeah charlotte is a good drive from me....but my sister lives in columbia,sc which is hour and a half south....figured i gotta place to stay for free, visit the sister and whatnot

i dont know though cuz i'd be trailering the car down....its alot of hassle and cost, but everyone i have talked too said its way worth it....and its pretty badass they are having it at a track
Old 03-28-2012, 04:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Right exactly. Brad send me your current email (the one I have here on my contacts is brapcitybitch@aol.com)

Yeah, her idea. Weird. We have a bunch if room at out new house abd that's the only thing missing is a garage. We plan on doing three door, two cars deep. Gonna get at least one Titan lift, possibly two. :p
I can handle that!!
Originally Posted by scottdh20
damn well sounds like i will do my very best to make it to WMHM....but damn i was trying to make it to import alliance this year...two big weekends in a row
I doubt we will be going to NC. Its a hell of a drive for one day.
^this
yeah charlotte is a good drive from me....but my sister lives in columbia,sc which is hour and a half south....figured i gotta place to stay for free, visit the sister and whatnot

i dont know though cuz i'd be trailering the car down....its alot of hassle and cost, but everyone i have talked too said its way worth it....and its pretty badass they are having it at a track
That is the only reason I have any interest in possibly going. Still doubtful that I will make that 10hr drive for 1 day tho. Just not worth it when I will probably still be working on finishing my car.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I live in Columbia dude so if you are down here PM me ure number and you could follow our group up to charlotte if you'd like. Should have alot of cars. Just let me know.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:55 AM
Spongebrad Squarepants

have fun with that drive, i did it last year for expo. i had travel lag the whole next week.

as far as having it at a track, it has been at nashville speedway, but i thought the scenery at titans' stadium was better.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by AH VTEC
I live in Columbia dude so if you are down here PM me ure number and you could follow our group up to charlotte if you'd like. Should have alot of cars. Just let me know.
Scott, unless he really likes you, he wont meet up with you.. I tried last year at IA..
Old 03-28-2012, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i've never been to any big import meets....been to a bunch of local meets, bbq's, track days but nothing more than 50 cars....i see all the pics in the magazines and it looks like one hell of a time

i used to be into the "euro lowriders" basically newer model cars, imports, etc with bag, hydro's... back in the 90's and early 2k's around the late 90's and early 2000 i started vering more twoards imports and finally in like 2005 pulled the trigger and got my first civic...wanted a 92-95 hatch since i was 14, idk why but i did....lol ....but i did the whole show car circut and they were fun, 200-500 cars, 2 day weekend, the whole 9....i'd like to experience that on the import side of things

but the cost of everything is what is the big deterent there....i've visited my sister before its not a bad drive...if i do go i will let ya know ah vtec

Quick Reply: Offical eH squad list.